Page 279 of 347 FirstFirst ... 179229269275276277278279280281282283289329 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,185 of 5196

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    I’m not a fan of any of that especially a minority teen hero dropping out of school
    I never said he was dropping out. Just a leave of absence in the guise of a foreign study program. Miles keeps doing schoolwork while training with Cable in a time traveling montage and then returns to school. Maybe like a summer vacation trading camp or something.

Yeah, you can be sure Kamala would tell him off for it in Champions too if he quit school. The only Champions with an excuse not to go to school are Hulk (not school age, he's 19), Riri (already graduated despite only being 15) and Nadia (foreign national). Even Viv goes to school.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So I guess The Daily Show could be the new View for major Marvel announcements ?
    Not if Jimmy Kimmel Live! And the Disney owned ABC channel have anything to say about it. It would be a nice “what if” though.

Zub on writing Miles in Champions
    http://jimzub.tumblr.com/post/170059...-champions-his
    "I enjoyed writing Miles in Thunderbolts #5 and am pumped to have him here on Champions. I want to show everyone kicking butt, Miles included. I hope you enjoy what our team puts together."
    Also as far as name changes Miles goes.
    http://jimzub.tumblr.com/post/170039...ever-get-their
    "It’s possible, but not an immediate priority, as far as I know. It can be tough to come up with an original name that feels appropriate and iconic.

If Miles or Amadeus does change identity in their solo series we’d obviously reflect that in Champions but I don’t have anything to report on that front."
    So some mild reassurance on that end.
    Last edited by Dragonick; 01-23-2018 at 11:26 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    I never said he was dropping out. Just a leave of absence in the guise of a foreign study program. Miles keeps doing schoolwork while training with Cable in a time traveling montage and then returns to school. Maybe like a summer vacation trading camp or something.

That would still go in the opposite direction of what we already know of his support characters especially his parents, one of who barely likes the idea of him being a superhero let along a globe trotting hero out of her eyesight.

Plus I’ve already lived through what hapowhen the X-Men franchise decides they don’t want one of their toys playing in another franchise so I’m all for the Cable subplot going bye bye with Bendis

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Just a heads up that Jason Reynolds (you know the author of that bestselling Miles Morales: Spider-Man novel) will be the guest for tonight's, 1/23/2018, episode of The Daily Show with Trevor Noah. How awesome would it be if he were to announce that he'll be taking over Mile's book after Bendis' run on television?
    While Jason didn't mention Miles or comics, I *highly* recommend that you take 6 minutes and watch this incredible interview. He gives a powerful and passionate explanation of the Great Power and Great Responsibility of writing for a young audience. The guy is the real deal. We're lucky as fans that he gave Miles such an amazing novel and hopefully he'll get to bring him to life again.

Check it out:

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/avk8pe...-long-way-down
    Co-host of Ultimate Spin - the Spider-Fan podcast for Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen!
    And check out our in-depth podcast interviews with their creators!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Project37 View Post
    While Jason didn't mention Miles or comics, I *highly* recommend that you take 6 minutes and watch this incredible interview. He gives a powerful and passionate explanation of the Great Power and Great Responsibility of writing for a young audience. The guy is the real deal. We're lucky as fans that he gave Miles such an amazing novel and hopefully he'll get to bring him to life again.

Check it out:

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/avk8pe...-long-way-down
    It was definitely a great interview, and it made me more invested in checking out his work.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

there needs to be a future story where he is leader of the Avengers.

I could definitely get behind a story line like that.

It would be great if only to see heads explode online. Of course a glimpse at the young heroes of the MU all grownup would be cool.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Hmmm that has me thinking. What if he ends up the leader of Shield in the future??

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Hmmm that has me thinking. What if he ends up the leader of Shield in the future??
    I mean if Shield is turned into a new thing like maybe a spy organization, but doesn't Shield just suck now or is it just writers who have buried the organization.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

SHIELD no longer exists.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    It would be great if only to see heads explode online. Of course a glimpse at the young heroes of the MU all grownup would be cool.
    Gotta wonder what MC2 would look like if it started today. It started 20 years ago, so a lot's changed (i.e. none of the Champions or Young Avengers except for Cassie Lang were around, and Anya Corazon, who debuted after MC2, remained as Arana, her original status quo intact. Although the Spider-Girl name was in use by someone else, it's clear Anya never had the mantle). J2 and Wild Thing probably wouldn't have been created (in Wild Thing's case, X-23 and Honey Badger would serve her role as the Wolverine legacy hero), and both A-Next and the X-People would've had completely different rosters (except for Stinger and Jubilee). The villain Red Wasp wouldn't exist either, since she's basically Nadia's counterpart, the character MCU Hope was based on (they basically only used the name and the fact she's Janet and Hank's daughter). Although Peter was retired in MC2, Spider-Man would still be a shared mantle. Gerry Drew (finally brought into 616 a couple of years ago) was Spider-Man in that continuity. In a modernised version, he'd obviously share it with Miles, who could mentor him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Zub on writing Miles in Champions
    http://jimzub.tumblr.com/post/170059...-champions-his

Also as far as name changes Miles goes.
    http://jimzub.tumblr.com/post/170039...ever-get-their

So some mild reassurance on that end.
    "It can be tough to come up with an original name that feels appropriate and iconic."

Well, he's not wrong about that...