Page 280 of 347 FirstFirst ... 180230270276277278279280281282283284290330 ... LastLast
Results 4,186 to 4,200 of 5196
    Incredible Member

Digifiend, I had figured that with the way babies age in the Comic Time, a good possible other romantic option for May in MC2 woulda been Harry’s second son, the one that he took off and went into hiding with after that mini-series he starred in. Can’t remember the girl he was dating who could morph into a goblin?
    Last edited by Blanks; 01-25-2018 at 02:03 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Gotta wonder what MC2 would look like if it started today. It started 20 years ago, so a lot's changed (i.e. none of the Champions or Young Avengers except for Cassie Lang were around, and Anya Corazon, who debuted after MC2, remained as Arana, her original status quo intact. Although the Spider-Girl name was in use by someone else, it's clear Anya never had the mantle). J2 and Wild Thing probably wouldn't have been created (in Wild Thing's case, X-23 and Honey Badger would serve her role as the Wolverine legacy hero), and both A-Next and the X-People would've had completely different rosters (except for Stinger and Jubilee). The villain Red Wasp wouldn't exist either, since she's basically Nadia's counterpart, the character MCU Hope was based on (they basically only used the name and the fact she's Janet and Hank's daughter). Although Peter was retired in MC2, Spider-Man would still be a shared mantle. Gerry Drew (finally brought into 616 a couple of years ago) was Spider-Man in that continuity. In a modernised version, he'd obviously share it with Miles, who could mentor him.
    That would be interesting to see. I'd personally love to see a next-generation series/universe that combined elements from MC2, Avengers 20XX (Dani Cage as Captain America), and Renew Your Vows while incorporating the teen/young adult heroes from the 2000s onward as adult successors to the 1960s-1990s-era heroes. Hell, I think some of the ones introduced now and recently would be facing a lot less fan hostility if they'd been introduced as future successors instead of contemporary "replacements," but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    Digifiend, I had figured that with the way babies age in the Comic Time, a good possible other romantic option for May in MC2 woulda been Harry’s second son, the one that he took off and went into hiding with after that mini-series he starred in. Can’t remember the girl he was dating who could morph into a goblin?
    Lily Hollister, a.k.a. Menace.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member

Right, can’t believe I forgot her name.

They could call the revamped MC2 line, Ultimate MC2, lol

Do you guys think Marvel will announce Miles' new creative team before or after issue #240? I don't know how much longer my imagination can take the suspense.

I think it will be before #240, as a matter of fact I think it will be announced sometime between next month and March. Miles is one of the most popular young characters around right now so I don't think Marvel would want people to think his book will be on hiatus.

Yeah, it'll be announced before the June solicits - i.e. March at the latest - since the last Bendis issue is in May. Could be announced at any time from now though, as we already know Iron Man's new writer's identity and that book is the last Bendis comic at Marvel, period. Spider-Man 240 is out before Iron Man 600, by maybe a week or two.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

SHIELD no longer exists.
    Yeah, I know that, we're talking in future terms, and I'm talking specifically about the reputation of Shield, cause even in the future I don't know if I want Miles associated with it.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 01-26-2018 at 07:38 PM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

I wonder if Bendis will go out with a bang and his last issue runs long (and an extra dollar). I really hope he writes a farewell letter for the last issue - it's a big deal and deserves a little extra something.
    Co-host of Ultimate Spin - the Spider-Fan podcast for Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen!
    And check out our in-depth podcast interviews with their creators!

I definitely think it's leading to something big, as we saw in the #239 solicit Miles' parents have something planned and it must be big if it gets mentioned. Not to mention we don't even know what's going to happen to Aaron with the six all turning on him and Miles not letting him get away with what he's been doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Project37 View Post
    I wonder if Bendis will go out with a bang and his last issue runs long (and an extra dollar). I really hope he writes a farewell letter for the last issue - it's a big deal and deserves a little extra something.
    Hopefully. And I would definitely expect something in Iron Man, since that title usually has a letters page anyway.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Project37 View Post
    I hope we finally get a Spider-Man Annual after #240. We're long overdue for one.

Incredible Member

Three weeks ago, Bleeding Cool ran an article suggesting Brisson was taking over a Bendis book. Jessica Jones (woman) and now Iron Man (Slott) are ruled out. So either he's taking over Miles, or they're wrong.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/12...titles-marvel/
    Or we are hearing Defenders is making a comeback.

Or we were wrong.

Spectacular Member Martini Sigil's Avatar

Went to see the new Maze Runner movie today.... and one of the trailers was for a feature-length animated Miles Morales/Spiderman movie.... the animation looked terrific...

https://www.theverge.com/2017/12/9/1...-morales-watch

Quote Originally Posted by Martini Sigil View Post
    Went to see the new Maze Runner movie today.... and one of the trailers was for a feature-length animated Miles Morales/Spiderman movie.... the animation looked terrific...

https://www.theverge.com/2017/12/9/1...-morales-watch
    I wonder when we're getting the official trailer; did you see any new scenes from the trailer in theater or was it the same as the video in the website you linked.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    Or we are hearing Defenders is making a comeback.

Or we were wrong.
    Any particular reason you didn't report on Slott's Iron Man?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets