Page 282 of 347 FirstFirst ... 182232272278279280281282283284285286292332 ... LastLast
Results 4,216 to 4,230 of 5196

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    So does that mean they're gonna cast Jenna Fischer as Mary Jane?
    I love this post.

(Ok yeah...I am trying to will this into the universe of reality.)

Jason Reynolds recently had an interview with this relatively new podcast called, "Put A Blurb On It!", where he talks about his new books and his early days as a writer. Naturally part of the talk details his time working on the Miles Morales book, and he offers his personal insight and opinion on the current run of Miles' comic. Gotta say that after hearing him speak his mind on the comic, Marvel would be absolute fools not to put him on writing duty, FOOLS I say!

You can get the podcast on their iTunes page

Put A Blurb On It by Ardo and Yash on Apple Podcasts

And on Sound Cloud

Put A Blurb On It | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post

Jason Reynolds recently had an interview with this relatively new podcast called, "Put A Blurb On It!", where he talks about his new books and his early days as a writer. Naturally part of the talk details his time working on the Miles Morales book, and he offers his personal insight and opinion on the current run of Miles' comic. Gotta say that after hearing him speak his mind on the comic, Marvel would be absolute fools not to put him on writing duty, FOOLS I say!

And on Sound Cloud

Thanks for this! When I interviewed Jason for our podcast, he was understandably very tactful about the comic and Bendis' approach. I would have loved to have dug into the ideas a bit more. I'm also in the camp of wanting him to take it over and bring it to new heights. :-) I think he's right - the comic does play it safe and could be pushed into new and worthwhile thought provoking directions.

I can't say it enough: if you're on this thread and haven't read the novel, please do. Don't be put off by the format - it's an incredible take on Miles and his world. It highlights the potential that's waiting to be realized by a writer that's free and inspired to develop it in an incredible way.
    Last edited by Project37; 02-06-2018 at 06:30 PM.
    Co-host of Ultimate Spin - the Spider-Fan podcast for Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen!
    And check out our in-depth podcast interviews with their creators!

BANNED

spoilers:
    Oh don't you dare Danika
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    spoilers:
    Oh don't you dare Danika
    end of spoilers
    I really hope this is a fake-out.. I would not like for her to become Kate Bishop #2

Gosh, Lana's mother is an abusive Jerk, hope she gets what she deserves
    And regarding Miles and Aaron's reunion, it was very good
    You couls feel the tension between them, and I actually like how Aaron tried to work things out with Miles instead of just KO'in him (I know he still want to achieve the BIG score, but that was always part of his character to begin with)
    And also, we again got confirmation of Miles remembering the Ult. Universe and the end of Secret Wars (Him waking-up in 616 at the end of Ultimate End)

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaker1610 View Post
    I really hope this is a fake-out.. I would not like for her to become Kate Bishop #2

Gosh, Lana's mother is an abusive Jerk, hope she gets what she deserves
    And regarding Miles and Aaron's reunion, it was very good
    You couls feel the tension between them, and I actually like how Aaron tried to work things out with Miles instead of just KO'in him (I know he still want to achieve the BIG score, but that was always part of his character to begin with)
    And also, we again got confirmation of Miles remembering the Ult. Universe and the end of Secret Wars (Him waking-up in 616 at the end of Ultimate End)
    Spider-Men II also confirmed that he still remembers it.

BANNED

UPDATE: A representative of Sony Pictures Entertainment contacted FandomWire to inform us that John Krasinski, star of The Office, will NOT be the voice of Peter Parker in the upcoming Sony animated movie titled, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse. We sincerely apologize to Sony Pictures and to our readers for this error.
    https://fandomwire.com/2018/02/05/jo...-peter-parker/

I knew Danika would do something, it was just a matter of what. Nothing like greed to motivate you to put a hero's life in danger.

This is really going to put a lot of pressure on Miles and Ganke's friendship, I wonder how that's going to work out.

I really can't wait for Lori to get the ass kicking she deserves, it's on its way and it's going to be satisfying. Also this whole Miles/Lana vs Aaron/Lori conflict really is not doing anything to make me believe Barbra and Miles have any kind of future together. The parallels between the are just too strong.

That was fast.
    Last edited by Dragonick; 02-07-2018 at 03:46 PM.

Issue 237: What the...?
    spoilers:
    That was a fantastic leap forward from last issue's cliffhanger from the battlefield to the couch. I figured Bendis would dance around the actual explanation for why Aaron is here (just like he did with Ultimate Peter's resurrection), but I liked the idea of Aaron pushing back and saying that his actions were not Miles' responsibility. Especially when you tie it into the fact that they're both wearing Spider-Man costumes and Miles is in the middle of an identity crisis. "What do you do and why do you it?"

I can appreciate how prison changes a person, but it was really upsetting to see Momshell getting physically rough with Lana. While previous issues had them blowing each other up, it was a lot more disturbing to see them in a more human situation - i.e., she's drunk and yanking her daughter around by the hair. It's a far cry from their playful relationship years ago in the original Ultimate series.

Meanwhile, Jeff and Rio had their most intimate scene yet! Really lovely. As a parent, I laughed out loud when their kid interrupted the moment. The Miles/Aaron confrontation ended up being anti-climactic; I think Bendis is saving the big show for Jefferson vs. Aaron, especially after spending all this time building up Jefferson's SHIELD past.

I have zero investment in the Sinister Six thread at this point. It just didn't fit and didn't need three pages. As for Danika, I think we all saw it coming. Poor Ganke. :-/
    end of spoilers

I'm still getting used to the new colorist's approach. Bazaldua's style works well for an issue that's mainly conversations but I'm not a fan of the wide-eyed small pupils thing that he does a few times here.

This arc has been a bit scattered but I have high hopes that Bendis will sign off in style. Hard to believe that we don't really know what's next for the book just yet!
    Co-host of Ultimate Spin - the Spider-Fan podcast for Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen!

Now that it's been revealed that Aaron remembers being dead does anyone think that we'll eventually see Rio acknowledge her death?

If Rio knew she was dead and resurrected, she'd have already guessed Miles was Spider-Man long before she found out. That sort of thing only happens if you're a superhero or a loved one of one.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Now that it's been revealed that Aaron remembers being dead does anyone think that we'll eventually see Rio acknowledge her death?
    Unfortunately, I don't think there's any room in the current arc for it to be handled meaningfully. Bendis already gave Rio an overdue character spotlight with her discovery of Miles' secret and her reaction to her husband hiding it from her as well. All of that was fantastic (that Kudranski issue with the confrontation is an all-time classic for me). She had a few issues to work through those feelings on her own and her scene with Jefferson in this issue suggests that Bendis is tying up her emotional arc with a neat bow before he signs off.

I think it will come up when Aaron confronts the family (words to the effect of, "I'm not the only one who cheated death in this house"), but it'll be up to the next writer to pick up that idea and take it forward. Personally I think it'd be a really cool idea to explore - hopefully we can go beyond a panel or two of vague dialogue.

Usually I enjoy when Bendis does his talky issues, but this one fell flat for me. Most of these conversations have already happened, it seems to me, and things decided. Miles is not on Aaron's side and Lana's mom is a tool. The conversation between Rio and Jefferson is the one exception that was somewhat interesting, but it didn't really decide anything about how they were moving forward.

Danika's betrayal was foreshadowed last issue. But we'll see if she actually goes through with it or instead goes all fangirl and blackmails Ganke into getting to meet Miles.

Red Hulk was funny in this issue. Loved the 'stache, is that a new thing?
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post

And on Sound Cloud

So I listened to this yesterday. I do like how he and host mentioned how some novelist have no idea how to write a comic. He mentioned how there's a lot of research and understanding needed. Also mentions how he's a big fan of the 70s Black Panther run. But more specifically he says he kinda finds the current Miles books kinda dry. Not a particularly controversial opinion but I'm interested in what he could bring to the table. Thanks for the link

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Usually I enjoy when Bendis does his talky issues, but this one fell flat for me. Most of these conversations have already happened, it seems to me, and things decided. Miles is not on Aaron's side and Lana's mom is a tool. The conversation between Rio and Jefferson is the one exception that was somewhat interesting, but it didn't really decide anything about how they were moving forward.

Danika's betrayal was foreshadowed last issue. But we'll see if she actually goes through with it or instead goes all fangirl and blackmails Ganke into getting to meet Miles.

Red Hulk was funny in this issue. Loved the 'stache, is that a new thing?
    Yeah, this isn't the same Red Hulk as General Ross. It's a new Red Hulk, a.k.a. General Maverick, who somehow keeps his mustache when he transforms, though that's probably to make him visually distinct from Ross's Red Hulk. He's one of Sunspot's U.S.Avengers.
    The spider is always on the hunt.