Page 304 of 347 FirstFirst ... 204254294300301302303304305306307308314 ... LastLast
Results 4,546 to 4,560 of 5196

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Miles family should move to Detroit. Make it happen, new writer.
    Hopefully, Fresh Start will do more to set heroes up outside NYC.

BANNED

Miles news from C2E2

-Plans for an Ultimate Universe comeback
    -Bendis' climax will set the stage for what comes next
    -Miles plans will be announced soon, for now enjoy him in Champions

https://www.newsarama.com/39290-c2e2...ing-panel.html
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 04-06-2018 at 01:23 PM.

The way it's worded makes it sound like there's more news than just his next solo coming. Could it possibly be something about the upcoming movie? Also nice to have it confirmed that what's been setup so far will be continued on by the next writer. I also have got to wonder how soon is soon?
    Last edited by Dragonick; 04-06-2018 at 02:11 PM.

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get the new book until August or even September, probably because they don't want solicits to spoil where Miles is gonna end up at the end of Bendis' final issue, and also because I think they would want to wait until Peter's relaunch came out before doing Miles'. And maybe we'll get a couple other extra Spider-books around that time, since I know Spider-Gwen may or may not end up relaunched soon.

Would be nice to see Anya given a team or something too before season 2 of the Spider-Man cartoon. Silk and Jessica are also only getting guest appearances right now. A Spider-Women book wouldn't be a bad idea.

Something tells me Zub's Champions run won't have such a static lineup like Waid's did, despite what he said about focusing on the eight characters we know about. Issue 22 is supposed to be the first one set after Incredible Hulk 717, Amadeus's last solo issue. If the solicit is telling the truth, he may be getting a depower, which Champions would have to reflect. Any change to Miles in Spider-Man 240 would also take affect there (Zub says he'll still be Spider-Man, but that doesn't mean his status quo won't be affected), as will the consequences of Avengers No Surrender (which could impact Nadia and Viv in particular) and the events of Invincible Iron Man 600.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The way it was worded yesterday makes it seem like there would be fallout from all of Bendis' books that will effect the rest of the MU.

Yeah, both Iron Man 600 and Spider-Man 240 will have an impact. Their storylines seem connected, with Miles encountering someone Riri previously fought (and thus bringing her into the fight), and Cable and Blade trying to recruit them for something.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The new organization is definitely going to be playing a big part in the MU going forward as a pretty common thing I've noticed lately is that SHIELD not being around actually is being acknowledged throughout the MU. (Though not as explicitly as in Bendis' books obviously)

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Would be nice to see Anya given a team or something too before season 2 of the Spider-Man cartoon. Silk and Jessica are also only getting guest appearances right now. A Spider-Women book wouldn't be a bad idea..
    I guess their comics flopping separatedly isn't working anymore and now they gotta try to flop together?

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I guess their comics flopping separatedly isn't working anymore and now they gotta try to flop together?
    Well, the crossover with that name sold well...

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, both Iron Man 600 and Spider-Man 240 will have an impact. Their storylines seem connected, with Miles encountering someone Riri previously fought (and thus bringing her into the fight), and Cable and Blade trying to recruit them for something.
    Some sort of new SHIELD like espionage wetworks book with Cable, Blade and Miles would be cool AF IMO. I’m in.

There's a lot of candidates for such a team. Ironheart would probably be there if what Cable and Blade are setting up is the same thing. Black Widow perhaps, she's already worked with Miles and Riri and will need a new home after Infinity Countdown. Mockingbird, Silk, Spider-Woman, and Invisible Woman would all be viable candidates too, those all being former SHIELD agents. And Synapse, who was on a team with Cable before. Blade could call in Falcon as well.

Throw in Domino too. Love her.

This new team/organization they are building up reminds me alot like a new iteration of the Secret Avengers, or something similar in idea, which I'm all for. With this, along with The Adamantium Agenda, and all the other series that will be coming back by the Fall, it'll be interesting to see how these Bendis-inspired, Bendis-less books turn out.

That new direction sounds cool. Will need a proper creative team, but it's got potential.

Things I want to see in the post-Bendis Miles stories:

1. Show Miles experimenting with his powers, see his full limitations. Not necessarily a full arc, even just a few panels would be appreciated.
    2. New villains. I hope for at least one, but most Marvel characters have the problem of not that many good villains being created, so that they often get stuck fighting someone else's. I liked Spider-Woman's last solo, but that was a problem with it.
    3. Some more time fleshing out other characters at the Vision Academy -- faculty and students, like the neglected Judge. Not a big fan of Ms. Marvel but that sort of care for the side characters would be nice for Miles.
    4. A more natural build up for a romantic relationship would be nice. Doesn't have to be long lasting or anything, but I want to feel more invested than I have in his girlfriends thus far. I do prefer a civilian, personally.
    5. I want to see more of his grandmother. Flesh her out a bit.

Other ideas: Maybe explore his Puerto Rican heritage at some point, though he's clearly not that connected to it. Or show him picking out what he wants to do after he's done with high school. Hobbies.
    Last edited by MsAngel; 04-07-2018 at 07:00 PM.