Page 306 of 347 FirstFirst ... 206256296302303304305306307308309310316 ... LastLast
Results 4,576 to 4,590 of 5196

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Hey isn't that chick Scorpia?
    Why yes it is. Jim used her, along with Shocker, in the Uncanny Avengers Secret Empire tie-in as well. Apparently he enjoys putting lesser known or underused villains into his Marvel books. And yes, The Human Fly (the guy Scorpia was partnered with) is an old Spider-Man villain as well, debuting back in The Amazing Spider-Man Annual #10 (1976).

Also I just noticed but as far as I can tell Miles' mask has expressive eyes! Compare his mask from his introduction page to his mask when the blindfold comes off. And to when Nova calls top bunk. That another point for the creative team!
    Last edited by Grimm911; 04-11-2018 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Hey isn't that chick Scorpia?
    Did she move up or down from Shocker? I honestly can't tell .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Did she move up or down from Shocker? I honestly can't tell .
    Well Shocker has been used in multiple Spider-Man games (including the new one coming out in September) and was in the MCU movie. The Human Fly meanwhile....yeah I honestly didn't know he existed until reading this issue. That says tons about Scorpia's new (now former?) partner in crime.

Niffleheim

I put Champions back in my pull coz of Zub and i'm pleasantly surprised with how much i enjoyed it. If this kind of writing, for all characters in the team, continues it will be in my pull for a long time.

Fantastic Member

Lana and Miles would be a cute couple together.
    Last edited by brer rabbit; 04-12-2018 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by brer rabbit View Post
    Lana and Miles would be a cute couple together.
    I think of that Tom Haverford line from Parks and Recreation: Miles would be cute together with everybody.
    Co-host of Ultimate Spin - the Spider-Fan podcast for Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen!
    And check out our in-depth podcast interviews with their creators!

Jason Reynolds visits Late Night and talks with Seth about the Miles Morales novel (and shares a story about shopping in Italy). Please give this man the job.

Co-host of Ultimate Spin - the Spider-Fan podcast for Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen!
    And check out our in-depth podcast interviews with their creators!

Quote Originally Posted by Project37 View Post
    I think of that Tom Haverford line from Parks and Recreation: Miles would be cute together with everybody.
    I keep saying this, pretty much every hero Miles has been paired with/developed a crush for, Young Jean, Ms. Marvel, Spider-Gwen, Bombshell, etc., would be a very exciting and interesting couple. And yet the two he's actually gone out with are the two least interesting who barely did anything, Katie and Barbara.

Quote Originally Posted by Project37 View Post
    Jason Reynolds visits Late Night and talks with Seth about the Miles Morales novel (and shares a story about shopping in Italy). Please give this man the job.

Remember guys he actually has to want the job too...

So PLEASE let the man want the job and then give it to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I keep saying this, pretty much every hero Miles has been paired with/developed a crush for, Young Jean, Ms. Marvel, Spider-Gwen, Bombshell, etc., would be a very exciting and interesting couple. And yet the two he's actually gone out with are the two least interesting who barely did anything, Katie and Barbara.
    Yeah, the hero pairings with Miles are all far more interesting than non-hero ones. It's actually something that I find kinda interesting and think it would be cool thing to be explore where his relationships with non-hero women don't tend to go well and what that means towards how he lives his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Yeah, the hero pairings with Miles are all far more interesting than non-hero ones. It's actually something that I find kinda interesting and think it would be cool thing to be explore where his relationships with non-hero women don't tend to go well and what that means towards how he lives his life.
    Well, beyond school he doesn't really seem to have much of a life outside being Spider-Man so that might play into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Well, we can thank Secret Wars for Katie. Bendis had to rush the ending, so he found out she was Hydra, dumped her, incursion happens, and bam, even if they'd not split up, Hydra Katie would no longer be around, due to Miles going to 616 and Katie having a counterpart (Hawkeye) and this not also coming along like Bombshell did. Barbara probably also had to be rushed to an ending when Bendis quit Marvel.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I think one of the main reasons we haven't seen Miles dating a heroine is because most female hero's he's had interaction or any hint of interest with have their own solo books. If he did start a relationship with one of them that would mean two different editors in Marvel going back and forth with their writers and each other to make sure they don't screw up any continuity for the characters in their own solos. Maybe they just viewed that as an unwanted headache.

This would mean that Mile's has a better shot dating a heroine that doesn't have their own solo series. Bombshell would be the best option since she one of the main support characters in his own series and already has a crush on him. Tomoe the Techno Golem still has a shot as his "Black Cat". And the new writer may introduce new heroines or unused established heroines into his supporting cast. There's also the new Wasp, Nadia Van Dyne, who is on the Champions team with him.

In short, it could be argued that Miles has a bit of a trope slowly growing attached to him that's called Launcher of a Thousand Ships. And given his naturally charming and supportive nature to anyone he considers a friend its not hard to see why. It's also the reason some people, his parents included, sometimes suspected his "bromance" with Ganke was more than that until he cleared the misunderstanding up.

I have no doubt that's the reason why most of them haven't developed more and I don't blame them it could lead to some really bad inconsistencies and ruin the relationships as they stand now. It's why Lana at the forefront for best relationship imo she already knows his secret, they've know each other for a while, she already has a crush on him, and after what he did when Hammerhead hurt her it's obvious he cares about her a lot. It's really just a matter of Miles acknowledging her feeling and them entering the relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well, we can thank Secret Wars for Katie. Bendis had to rush the ending, so he found out she was Hydra, dumped her, incursion happens, and bam, even if they'd not split up, Hydra Katie would no longer be around, due to Miles going to 616 and Katie having a counterpart (Hawkeye) and this not also coming along like Bombshell did. Barbara probably also had to be rushed to an ending when Bendis quit Marvel.
    While them both having to be rushed doesn't help, I think another major problem is we know pretty much nothing else about the characters before they start dating. Barbara at least we know has that kind of sassy attitude going for her, but Katie got the short end of the stick other than "she really likes Miles".

And yeah, Bombshell makes the most amount of sense, because she doesn't conflict with other books. Like I think him and Ms. Marvel would be cute together, but it obviously wouldn't work because Wilson has her own plans for the character, which is fine.

Funnily enough, now that I think about it, he started dating both of them during periods when he contemplated quitting being Spider-Man, wonder if that's significant.