Page 314 of 347 FirstFirst ... 214264304310311312313314315316317318324 ... LastLast
Results 4,696 to 4,710 of 5196

One thing that leaves me feeling optimistic about Miles' future is that Miles still feels like Miles in other books. I haven't really noticed another writer completely butcher him.

As far as the Cable plot, I'd have him show up in the first panel of the next series and have Miles politely say, "No thank you" to his offer and move on.

I will say I think it is a nice idea for Bendis to make his final Spider-Man issue one that reflects something very personal that happened, I really love that very end, with spoilers:
    Miles ditching the Cable situation to go see a movie with Ganke, which they have been talking about doing since the beginning of this run.
    end of spoilers, and the 2 page letter was incredibly sweet too.

But overall as an ending to this already extremely lackluster arc, it isn't really satisfying. He obviously didn't want to do a "definitive" ending because he knows other writers will be continuing on with the story ideas he set up and didn't get to resolve, and I understand. But I think this arc, as well as his Return Of Tony Stark one in Iron Man really exemplifies Bendis' biggest issues as a writer, having both too much and not enough plot.

He has so many characters he wants to work with, and so many plot points he wants to throw in, but due to the decompression, and the need for manufactured suspense, you go through up to 7 issues feeling like nothing happened. It is disappointing, but I'm hoping the next writers can step up and continue to build on what he's done and do some really great stuff with these truly great characters.

And I will say this, the art has remained consistently great, I wouldn't mind seeing Bazahlda come back to do art for the new book.

Quote Originally Posted by frizb View Post
    One thing that leaves me feeling optimistic about Miles' future is that Miles still feels like Miles in other books. I haven't really noticed another writer completely butcher him.

As far as the Cable plot, I'd have him show up in the first panel of the next series and have Miles politely say, "No thank you" to his offer and move on.
    That is because Jim zub did his research on miles he knows all his history..

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    No word on when the official trailer comes, but I hope it's soon so there can be a proper amount of excitement can buildup.
    And nice to see you in this thread again.
    Hopefully we get something during SDCC ...I would like an official trailer during the summer.

And thanks for the welcome back.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I saw this earlier and thought it was cute so I figured I'd share it.
    Aww Lana.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by PSJ View Post
    That is because Jim zub did his research on miles he knows all his history..
    Yeah, I do wonder, has he read all of Miles's Spider-Man, Kamala's Ms Marvel, the Vision series that introduced Viv, ANAD Avengers and Unstoppable Wasp for Nadia, Bendis's Iron Man for Riri, all of Sam Alexander's Nova comics, and Totally Awesome Hulk? New Warriors' last volume (which had Sam), All-New Ultimates (Miles), and Incredible Hercules and Mighty Avengers (for Amadeus) if you want to be really thorough. Kamala, Sam and Miles have all had something in the region of 50 solo issues. It's a lot of archive to binge!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, I do wonder, has he read all of Miles's Spider-Man, Kamala's Ms Marvel, the Vision series that introduced Viv, ANAD Avengers and Unstoppable Wasp for Nadia, Bendis's Iron Man for Riri, all of Sam Alexander's Nova comics, and Totally Awesome Hulk? New Warriors' last volume (which had Sam), All-New Ultimates (Miles), and Incredible Hercules and Mighty Avengers (for Amadeus) if you want to be really thorough. Kamala, Sam and Miles have all had something in the region of 50 solo issues. It's a lot of archive to binge!
    He probably didn't read EVERYTHING, obviously, but based how what he's said, and based on the first issue, I can tell he's done his research and knows his stuff. It's small, but referencing stuff like Nadia's Agents Of GIRL from her series, or Ironheart's social anxiety from her book that doesn't appear in any others show that he's doing more than just writing the characters however he wants.

That way he won't get any more issues like, say, thinking Miles and Gwen are a couple, or that nobody believes in alternate dimensions, OR that Ms. Marvel has no idea who he's talking about.....sorry that's a big screwup I still can't get over lol.

Disappointing end. A crossover tale was always going to be a bad way, though. Miles peaked years ago, honestly.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

Honestly I would have liked it if Carol Danvers and Miles have a LONG OVERDUE talk. Maybe having Bendis cleaning up the mess he created with Civil War 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Miles peaked years ago, honestly.
    im beginning to think the same.

Fingers crossed new writer changes the trajectory.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Disappointing end. A crossover tale was always going to be a bad way, though. Miles peaked years ago, honestly.
    Being in the ultimate universe allowed Bendis so much more freedom. Was it the the move to the 616, Bendis getting stale and out of ideas or both? Early Miles was so much more fun to read in my opinion

yeah, sadly I agree. and I loved this book the first few years. Now this book feels like it has no real rudder to steer it and make it truly original from all the other spider books (to be fair, that could be said of most of them)

Quote Originally Posted by jyamen View Post
    yeah, sadly I agree. and I loved this book the first few years. Now this book feels like it has no real rudder to steer it and make it truly original from all the other spider books (to be fair, that could be said of most of them)
    I still liked the book post-Secret Wars, but it really bogged down with the long Spider-Gwen dimension hopping crossover and the last arc that went on forever. Take those 2 long arcs out and it was still pretty solid imo. Would love to see Ganke get involved more with the rest of the Hero community somehow. Could be fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Honestly I would have liked it if Carol Danvers and Miles have a LONG OVERDUE talk. Maybe having Bendis cleaning up the mess he created with Civil War 2.
    Seems like he's fixing the mess of Civil War II by "pretending it never happened". Over in Iron Man is waving away Tony's coma problem by saying it's just because he messed with his own body structure and its all his fault, not because, you know, Carol beat him near to death!

I don't think Miles has peaked yet. Especially since he's now beginning to break out of comics and into more mainstream forms of entertainment. I do think Bendis overstayed his welcome with him though. After his second run in the Ultimate universe it was pretty clear Bendis didn't have a solid direction for Miles anymore and should've walked away after moving him to 616.

Spectacular Member

Well now that the current run of Miles is over let’s start speculating or at least dreaming of who we would like to see on the series once it returns. I’m struggling to come up with a writer at the moment but I would like the team of Russell Dauterman and Matt Wilson to come over for art. Their work in Mighty Thor was amazing!