Page 315 of 347 FirstFirst ... 215265305311312313314315316317318319325 ... LastLast
Results 4,711 to 4,725 of 5196

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderX View Post
    Well now that the current run of Miles is over let’s start speculating or at least dreaming of who we would like to see on the series once it returns. I’m struggling to come up with a writer at the moment but I would like the team of Russell Dauterman and Matt Wilson to come over for art. Their work in Mighty Thor was amazing!
    Thinking of Marvel writers off the top of my head, my top picks for writer would be:
    Saladin Ahmed, Matthew Rosenberg, Dennis Hopeless, David F. Walker, G. Willow Wilson, Robbie Thompson

They seem to be the most interesting choices to handle the Miles book, I think they'll do some great things with it.

Although, I do agree with alot of people in saying they should get Jason Reynolds back to do the comic, after how good his Miles novel was.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderX View Post
    Well now that the current run of Miles is over let’s start speculating or at least dreaming of who we would like to see on the series once it returns. I’m struggling to come up with a writer at the moment but I would like the team of Russell Dauterman and Matt Wilson to come over for art. Their work in Mighty Thor was amazing!
    I'm in the same situation when it comes to a writer, but I'd love to have Matt Wilson on art Bazaldua really wasn't doing it for e towards the end. The faces seemed off and it felt like there was a lack of feeling of movement to the art, when there was a fight it just felt like everyone was floating.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Thinking of Marvel writers off the top of my head, my top picks for writer would be:
    Saladin Ahmed, Matthew Rosenberg, Dennis Hopeless, David F. Walker, G. Willow Wilson, Robbie Thompson

They seem to be the most interesting choices to handle the Miles book, I think they'll do some great things with it.

Although, I do agree with alot of people in saying they should get Jason Reynolds back to do the comic, after how good his Miles novel was.
    I could get behind any of them taking over honestly.

more villains particular to Miles needed.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    more villains particular to Miles needed.
    Thats another problem 4/6 of the sinister six were Peter villains. Villains define your hero and oh boy Peter has a ton but when I think of Miles? I imagine his uncle, and the ultimate scorpion. I think establishing and creating new villains has become a difficult problem across the board. This is another benefit the ultimate universe had sculpting classic 616 villains in newer images for newer heroes. Now with his uncle turning over a new leaf out of nowhere thats potentially one more villain off the board. I'd love to see some new exciting villains that I can only get from reading Miles. This ending run of Bendis has just left such a bad taste in my mouth and has me wanting so much better for Miles.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I'm in the same situation when it comes to a writer, but I'd love to have Matt Wilson on art Bazaldua really wasn't doing it for e towards the end. The faces seemed off and it felt like there was a lack of feeling of movement to the art, when there was a fight it just felt like everyone was floating.
    Actually Matt Wilson was the colorist on Thor. Dauterman was the artist.

Spectacular Member

I would also like an annual or stand-alone issue where Miles' class are given an assignment by their social studies teacher to do a report on their families. So it could be an issue where he organizes a bbq/party and interviews the various members of his family and extended family. During the issue it can highlight both aspects of his cultural heritage and even have a scene some older people from both sides playing dominoes.

Finally read the last issue. Wasn't big on it either, to be honest. I liked the idea, but it didn't feel "earned", to say the least. Like I get the intention and I respect Bendis for doing it and understand why, but it hurt the story.

I like the potential with Lana and hope the next author keeps that up. I like Aaron being completely into the fold because that's good story potential for the future. But other than those things, it was weak all around.

Now, for the next run, I think we need a couple things.

More time with Miles: This run barely let Miles breath by himself and I want more of that. No more running from arc to arc, event to event, fight to fight, etc. Let Miles breath and let us go deeper into what makes him tick. I thought the Japan arc was going to allow for that, but it just turned into another mission and fight. He needs to be further defined than what he currently is.

Original Villains: This one is obvious. Miles needs some new blood to call his own. Yeah, he's also Spider-Man, but come on now, give him some unique antagonist that challenge his sensibilities and weaknesses.

Straight forward, simple narratives: We don't need to be building up into something big immediately. Give him arcs with a beginning, middle, and end. He needs some well constructed slice of life stuff as well.

These are the basic things I want the next series to address at the start, then they can get wacky and wild.

Amazing Spider-Talk's Dan Gvozden joined us to look at issue 240 and reflect on Miles' journey over the last few years. I enjoyed this conversation - if you're interested, you're welcome to check it out here:

http://ultimatespinpodcast.com/episo...pider-man-240/
    Co-host of Ultimate Spin - the Spider-Fan podcast for Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen!
    And check out our in-depth podcast interviews with their creators!

Hey guys I just realized something. I know we’re all expecting to get some kind of announcement this month on the new team taking over for Miles and I still think there’s a high chance that will happen. But if,if, Marvel is planning to announce the teams to take over for Bendis’ books in one go then that means we’ll have to wait for this months Iron Man #600 to release a day after the August 2018 solicitations are out. Now I can see a few things happening if this is the case.

1.) I’m wrong and they announce the new teams before the solicitations.

2.) They delay releasing the solicitations until after Iron Man #600 is released.

3.) They announce the teams on the same day of the solicitation or shortly after.

4.) We have to wait until next month to hear anything. (Not sure how much longer my patience can hold on at this point.)

Do you guys think any of these scenarios might occur or is there something I’m missing?

Iron Man has nothing to do with it, as that book was already announced, and we're not expecting a replacement solo for Ironheart. Jessica Jones is only due to return in the fall though - so she won't be in the August solicits anyway. We know that Hawkeye's new series will be in those solicits - it's not just Bendis characters we're waiting on - as she was specifically slated for August. Miles has no date at all though. Of course, Cable's solicit might be of interest as well, along with, obviously, Champions (which could potentially spoil Incredible Hulk 717, also out on May 23).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Iron Man has nothing to do with it, as that book was already announced, and we're not expecting a replacement solo for Ironheart. Jessica Jones is only due to return in the fall though - so she won't be in the August solicits anyway. We know that Hawkeye's new series will be in those solicits - it's not just Bendis characters we're waiting on - as she was specifically slated for August. Miles has no date at all though. Of course, Cable's solicit might be of interest as well, along with, obviously, Champions (which could potentially spoil Incredible Hulk 717, also out on May 23).
    Yeah you’re right. My anticipation for the announcement may be boarding into anxiety. I really need to relax and be more patient.... but it’s so hard.

It's kinda funny, but right now if you search Spider-Man on google the definition that appears on the side is describing Miles.

It's kinda funny, but right now if you search Spider-Man on google the definition that appears on the side is describing Miles.
    This further proves that Miles is indeed a Spider-Man.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

That's odd. I get nothing on the side at all searching for Spider-Man, and Spiderman without the hyphen gives me Spider-Man Homecoming.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's odd. I get nothing on the side at all searching for Spider-Man, and Spiderman without the hyphen gives me Spider-Man Homecoming.

Google gives different results for different users based on everything from location to browser type to search history to available account info.
    Co-host of Ultimate Spin - the Spider-Fan podcast for Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen!
    And check out our in-depth podcast interviews with their creators!