Page 328 of 347 FirstFirst ... 228278318324325326327328329330331332338 ... LastLast
Results 4,906 to 4,920 of 5196

I'm not sure Miles will get a status quo change from Spidergeddon, as Iron Man already set up a new status quo for him. I can see Gwen ending up in 616 though, which would fix the issue of her being a convicted felon with her secret identity outed in her native Earth-65.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I thought that was weird too, Peter's struggling to take on the Wild Pack and the backup he gets is Ock looking for redemption? With Anya and Gwen getting their powers eventually I foresee many plot holes of Peter struggling against multiple opponents or some huge threat, but somehow the three other spider powered individuals are mysteriously absent.
    I'm really curious to see how the show will handle having four super-powered Spider-Characters on one show given how often the writers seem to struggle to use Miles well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I'm not sure Miles will get a status quo change from Spidergeddon, as Iron Man already set up a new status quo for him. I can see Gwen ending up in 616 though, which would fix the issue of her being a convicted felon with her secret identity outed in her native Earth-65.
    And probably start going by "Ghost Spider" .

I thought that was weird too, Peter's struggling to take on the Wild Pack and the backup he gets is Ock looking for redemption? With Anya and Gwen getting their powers eventually I foresee many plot holes of Peter struggling against multiple opponents or some huge threat, but somehow the three other spider powered individuals are mysteriously absent.

I'm not worried about Miles' future book, other than Peter he's without a doubt the most popular character in the Spider-Man family, I'm just kinda impatient Miles is the reason I got into comics him being around is important to me.

I hope during Spider-Geddon we get to see some alternate versions of him as well we know the Earth-8 version exists so why not some others.

And we know the event will probably have some sot of status quo change, but I wonder what it could be? Anybody got any hopes/idea? Whatever it is I hope it's not something that results in a change in costume similar to the movie version. I like the costume, but it's a little too "beginner" for our Miles if that makes sense.
    Miles somehow moving back to the Ultimate Universe is the one thing I'm still holding out hope for. At the point being in the main universe hinders him more than it helps him.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm really curious to see how the show will handle having four super-powered Spider-Characters on one show given how often the writers seem to struggle to use Miles well.
    I just wish there was at least some kind of excuse, like Miles patrols one half of the city while Peter does the so Miles couldn't get there in time. The way it is now it just seems like forced drama because they can't figure out a way to challenge two characters with powers which will only become worse when it becomes four characters. I remember a similar problem on the Flash show and spider powers aren't nearly as broken and hard to write as super speed.
    Last edited by Dragonick; 06-19-2018 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

And probably start going by "Ghost Spider" .
    I honestly don't see her completely moving over to 616 like Miles, just because I don't see her leaving her friends and family there, plus not sure exactly how she would live there. Now her coming over more frequently to fight crime, yeah I totally see that. Also, with her being Spider-Woman/Spider-Gwen in Into The Spider-Verse, which will be much more well-known than Marvel Rising, I could see them going either way with her code-name.

Quote Originally Posted by The Other SpiderMan View Post
    Miles somehow moving back to the Ultimate Universe is the one thing I'm still holding out hope for. At the point being in the main universe hinders him more than it helps him.
    I feel like we may be too far gone for him to go right back to the Ultimate Universe, but I do definitely feel like we need a story soon about him learning the Universe is back and how its changed since he left and its recreation. Jessica is gonna be in Spidergeddon, so maybe that'll be the first step.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I honestly don't see her completely moving over to 616 like Miles, just because I don't see her leaving her friends and family there, plus not sure exactly how she would live there. Now her coming over more frequently to fight crime, yeah I totally see that. Also, with her being Spider-Woman/Spider-Gwen in Into The Spider-Verse, which will be much more well-known than Marvel Rising, I could see them going either way with her code-name.
    I mean, Spider-Gwen's main appeal is her universe, AU supporting cast, and sensibility, so I agree I don't think it would work to have her jump into 616. But I think it's something Marvel would probably consider.

I feel like Marvel has some kind of incentive to not want to call Gwen Spider-Woman outside the comics. The movie is going to do it, but it's also still using the backdrop of an AU Miles taking over from a dead Peter Parker, which is probably not going to be the case for most adaptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I feel like we may be too far gone for him to go right back to the Ultimate Universe, but I do definitely feel like we need a story soon about him learning the Universe is back and how its changed since he left and its recreation. Jessica is gonna be in Spidergeddon, so maybe that'll be the first step.
    Not to mention the main appeal of a return to the UU was being the only Spider-Man, but now if he went back he wouldn't even be the young Spider-Man so there's really no point in returning. Plus it creates to much of a problem to return not only him but his supporting cast back to the UU, and it makes a really weird situation for why he'd leave his friends on the Champions. I'm am 100% with you that I need that reunion with Jessica and I need it to be good.

Miles should just be given the same Web Watch tech that Gwen has.

It's true about his relationship with the Champions. He'd have never met them back in 1610. Amadeus and Riri are the only members known to have Ultimate counterparts - and Riri's only debuted when we found out the universe was back at the end of Spider-Men II, since even 616 Riri didn't exist before Secret Wars (and Amadeus didn't his powers before then either, so needless to say, neither does his 1610 counterpart). Kamala's is a tragedy. Due to Galactus destroying 1610 New Jersey around the same time she debuted in 616, she can NEVER have an Ultimate version, as she would've logically been killed in that incident (also, if she got her powers, she wouldn't be called Ms Marvel, as Carol never got HER powers). I wonder if Miles realises that?
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member Obsidian Spider's Avatar

E4C7084F-681A-41E1-999A-B818D4B0B947.jpg

Chibi Spider-Verse Miles I drew.

Not to mention the main appeal of a return to the UU was being the only Spider-Man, but now if he went back he wouldn't even be the young Spider-Man so there's really no point in returning. Plus it creates to much of a problem to return not only him but his supporting cast back to the UU, and it makes a really weird situation for why he'd leave his friends on the Champions. I'm am 100% with you that I need that reunion with Jessica and I need it to be good.
    An event called "Spider-Geddon" seems like the perfect opportunity to re-create an opening for him to be the main Spider-Man of the UU again. Plus he already has that problem with his supporting cast with only certain individuals being crossed over into 616 when he moved there while others he was close with remained in the UU on top of more convoluted problems like him no longer having an origin. Especially with the upcoming annual somehow taking place during Secret Invasion which adds more to that confusion since that took place only in 616 before Miles arrived so his history has to have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Miles should just be given the same Web Watch tech that Gwen has.
    If Marvel is hellbent on keeping Miles on the Champions then this is probably the best way to do it. Personally, I couldn't care less seeing as he's mostly just wallpaper in that book and they've never been written well as close friends to begin with. I'd much rather see him back with the Ultimates. Other than that there really is no reason to keep him connected to the main universe regularly at all.

I haven't caught up yet in all my Miles reading, but he's not getting any love? I just bought the Champions trades mainly for him, and he's just wallpaper? Damn....
    Success is not counted by how high you have climbed but by how many people you brought with you. – Dr Wil Rose

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian Spider View Post
    E4C7084F-681A-41E1-999A-B818D4B0B947.jpg

Chibi Spider-Verse Miles I drew.
    This is really cool well done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Askia View Post
    I haven't caught up yet in all my Miles reading, but he's not getting any love? I just bought the Champions trades mainly for him, and he's just wallpaper? Damn....
    The run with Waid wasn't great for Miles (if you ask most people it wasn't great for anyone) but the run with Zub just started fairly recently and so far has done fairly decent with only two issues. And if you're not averse to it the Secret Empire tie by Derek Landy I believe was also pretty good for Miles.
    Last edited by Dragonick; 06-20-2018 at 07:26 AM.

^Note though that, while all of the kids involved would go on to join the Champions proper (though Falcon didn't last long) and even the adult supervisor Black Widow is a Champion (from the old 70s team), the Secret Empire tie-in one-shot wasn't called Champions at all, but instead Secret Empire: Uprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Askia View Post
    Yeah, as Dragonick said it was Waid's run that Miles was underutilized in. It's not fair for me to imply that Jim Zub will do the same since he just started and he at least has the decency to remember his powers and cares about continuity.
    Last edited by The Other SpiderMan; 06-20-2018 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Other SpiderMan View Post
    Yeah, ask Dragonick said it was Waid's run that Miles was underutilized in. It's not fair for me to imply that Jim Zub will do the same since he just started and he at least has the decency to remember his powers and cares about continuity.
    So I just read the latest issue of Champions and with three issues in, I feel its safe to say that Miles will be in good hands with Jim Zub.