Page 329 of 347 FirstFirst ... 229279319325326327328329330331332333339 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,935 of 5196

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian Spider View Post
    Attachment 67304

Chibi Spider-Verse Miles I drew.
    Very nice, thanks for sharing.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Incredible Member

Hey All!

Would anyone like to share their favorite Miles Morales story? I'm sure it's been discussed before, but I'd love to hear, as I am deciding on which single issue/floppies to keep in my collection and it's been super difficult, but I just can't keep them all.

My favorite's probably all come from his run in the Ultimate Universe. The Venom arc is up there for it's fantastic art, but I also find Spider-Men quite poignant, and the early Prowler arc to be very formative for Miles' story.

What do you all have as favorites?

The Venom Saga is my personal favorite although his Origin Safa is a close second.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I don't really have an absolute favorite, but on recent story I'm fond of is the two issue arc of Miles running away to Japan and somehow stumbling his way into a spy mission by catching the eye of Tomoe the Technogolem and getting thrust into a date/job interview situation with her. It was all just a blast to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    The run with Waid wasn't great for Miles (if you ask most people it wasn't great for anyone) but the run with Zub just started fairly recently and so far has done fairly decent with only two issues. And if you're not averse to it the Secret Empire tie by Derek Landy I believe was also pretty good for Miles.
    Thanks for the heads up.

Lame... Let me guess, Cyclops and the android were the writers favorites?
    Success is not counted by how high you have climbed but by how many people you brought with you. – Dr Wil Rose

Yeah that's exactly how it went.

To me one of the greatest follies any writer, no matter how talented, can make is playing favorites in a team centered book. And unfortunately Waid did that in SPADES on his run of Champions. In almost every arc of his run the focus was either on Kamala, Viv, or Cyclops in that order. The whole character focus balancing act that comes with writing team books was MIA almost from the start.

Probably why Jim Zub's getting so much love right now even though he's only three issues in on his run. He has managed to develop a better sense of balance for this team as a whole and individually in these three issues alone, than what Waid was able to do with 18. I wouldn't be surprised if he's able to get former Champions readers back on board with the series at the rate he's going. Heck I'll go so far as to say that, Zub on writing + Izaakse on art + Menyz on colors= the go to creative team for how a Champions book should look and read.

Spider-Man No More might have to be my favourite, since that is the one I find myself re-reading over and over. I like the dilemma it deals with, I like Miles and Jessica's interaction and how it leads to them forming what will be the All-New Ultimates, and I especially LOVE David Marquez' art, it's so expressive and vibrant.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    So I just read the latest issue of Champions and with three issues in, I feel its safe to say that Miles will be in good hands with Jim Zub.
    Four issues in, there was an Infinity Countdown tie in today as well, different artist but it was still Zub writing. However, Miles was absent because of the events of Spider-Man #240.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Next time there's a major Symbiote infestation, they should just have Miles Venom Blast all of them .

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Next time there's a major Symbiote infestation, they should just have Miles Venom Blast all of them .
    Though based on the context, it seems like it's a combination of the blast and Eddie himself trying to break free.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Probably one of the reasons why he wasn't in Venomverse because then along with Agent Anti-Venom there'd be two characters that could deal with the symbiotes.

If it makes you feel any better Miles used his venom blast in Champions #21 and it had little to no effect. I think some writers are starting to get wise on how to better utilize his venom blast for the sake of the story. Since extreme pain is the main way Eddie can fully break free of the corrupt symbiote mind control (like how he stuck his head inside a furnace in issue #2) the Venom Blast serves a good purpose content wise for the story.

Also, for this situation I'm pretty sure it was established that a symbiote can grow a tolerance for the V.B. overtime. Of course that was ultimate universe Venom and not 616 venom so the rules may be different.

Also, also, does anyone know if Miles is able to regulate how much power he can put into those blasts, because if so I wouldn't be surprised if he gave Eddie an extra heavy dose considering what was about to happen.
    Last edited by Grimm911; 06-21-2018 at 01:44 PM.

At least it didn't do anything against Carnage. Then again Red Goblin was another level of overpowered.