Page 4 of 347 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    aka "The Watchdog" 8BitRedBeard's Avatar

Thanks for the suggestions!

If Bendis said that this new line of Miles books are going to be a sequel to Spider-Men, maybe there's hope for the team up that I was hoping for!
    "With great power comes great responsibility."

I feeling bad that (in all likelihood) Miles' supporting cast such as Ultimate Jessica Drew & Ganke Lee are getting left behind. Oh well I guess we can't have everything, still....
    Last edited by Celgress; 06-25-2015 at 07:12 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I feeling bad that (in all likelihood) Miles' supporting cast such as Ultimate Jessica Drew & Ganke Lee are getting left behind. Oh well I guess we can't have everything, still....
    I know how you feel but I think since Ganke doesn't have a 616 counterpart he'll probably, along with Miles' father, make it over to the new marvel universe. But yeah if Jessica doesn't make it over that'll kinda suck. She's been a great member of Miles' supporting cast over the years and I'd like for that to continue.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Greekfire13 View Post
    I know how you feel but I think since Ganke doesn't have a 616 counterpart he'll probably, along with Miles' father, make it over to the new marvel universe. But yeah if Jessica doesn't make it over that'll kinda suck. She's been a great member of Miles' supporting cast over the years and I'd like for that to continue.
    Which is why I feel that Miles will eventually return to his own universe. To put him into 616 is like wanting Spider-Gwen to stick around as well. I could see Miles joining up with the Spider-Verse team at some point in the future searching for a way home, like Nocturne(Nightcrawler and Scarlet Witch's daughter)...

BANNED

Why do people keep thinking that Miles coming over means he's going to be a sad sack crying about the loss of his world when the route they'll go is him, his dad, Ganke and his family are going to come over as well and blended into the new universe like they've always been there

Astonishing Member

Well there's no guarantee that either Jessica or Ganke is going to be removed. Jessica has less of a shot just because of how many current spider women the 616 will have. (TO my knowledge, 616 Jessica, Spider Gwen, and Silk). With that said, I believe Miles needs a supporting character like Jessica in his life to play the older sister, mother type role with his mom being gone and all. So there's still a good chance she may stick around, at least to help with Miles.

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Well there's no guarantee that either Jessica or Ganke is going to be removed. Jessica has less of a shot just because of how many current spider women the 616 will have. (TO my knowledge, 616 Jessica, Spider Gwen, and Silk). With that said, I believe Miles needs a supporting character like Jessica in his life to play the older sister, mother type role with his mom being gone and all. So there's still a good chance she may stick around, at least to help with Miles.
    I sincerely hope you are right.

Astonishing Member

I sincerely hope you are right.
    Otherwise, who else could fit the role you know? I'm just looking at, my guess is Thor major role in avengers is going to support Kamala. I don't see Jessica 616 being the one either, 616 doesn't really seem the maternal type. (Than again, ultimate 616 wasn't really the greatest "mother figure" either) LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    Why do people keep thinking that Miles coming over means he's going to be a sad sack crying about the loss of his world when the route they'll go is him, his dad, Ganke and his family are going to come over as well and blended into the new universe like they've always been there
    That's what I was thinking would happen too, as that would make the most sense. Also it would help explain why Miles looked and felt so comfortable in the All-New All-Different Avengers FCBD Issue. Bendis did say that what is happening to his supporting cast will be a "surprise" and I'm guessing that this will be the surprise or part of it at least.

Astonishing Member

I would rather see 616-Jessica Drew and 616-Peter Parker as the ultimate partnership than 616-Jessica and Miles. .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I would rather see 616-Jessica Drew and 616-Peter Parker as the ultimate partnership than 616-Jessica and Miles. .
    Well the partnership between 616 Jessica and Peter would be very different than 616 Jessica and miles. Jessica came after Peter but they are both relatively close in age so it would be more of a buddy-buddy cop type relationship between the two. Miles is one of the newest of the Spider folks and definitely the youngest, so 616 Jessica role with miles I would think would be more like Ultimate Jessica role with miles, the older sister type role. The issue is, I don't see 616 Jessica as the maternal, older sister type. Than again, ultimate jessica wasn't either until she grew until the role so who knows.

Bring the mother back. Reverse that mistake right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post

If they bring back his mother I think they should definitely bring back his uncle as well. It would make for interesting new story lines.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Eh? I disagree. The mother's death was one of the best arcs Miles has, it was essential to his character development. I'd say it was more his uncle ben moment than even Peter dying, because it really hit home the consequences of being a superhero. Miles just needs a older-sister, mother type figure in his life. Bendis was doing that with Gwen and Jessica, but again, who knows if they're coming through this unscath. I definitely don't see gwen making it though, just because of the fact that we have two gwens in the same universe if that was the case.

Now the Uncle, I definitely would like that to happen. The uncle was IMO, Miles greatest villain yet just because of the mental and psychological games between the two. I have to admit he died a bit too early for my taste.

Eh? I disagree. The mother's death was one of the best arcs Miles has, it was essential to his character development. I'd say it was more his uncle ben moment than even Peter dying, because it really hit home the consequences of being a superhero.....
    I couldn't agree with you more. Sad as the death of Miles' mother was her demise was always a necessary step in development of his character.