Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Super Moderator

Default "Agent Carter" Showrunners, Anka Take Command of "Captain Marvel"

Writers Tara Butters & Michele Fazekas and artist Kris Anka relaunch "Captain Marvel" with a new #1 following "Secret Wars."

Full article here.

BANNED

Love Anka, love Agent Carter, I'm in pending the X-Men announcement.

BANNED

This could be fun considering the action moments in Agent Carter.

Incredible Member

So so so so so so so so soooo down for this.

Down for this but not down for that hairstyle...
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)
    Zenescope: Grimm Fairy Tales

This premise sounds good but so did Carol in space. We'll just have to see if this run will have fewer ignored opportunities and bad plots as the previous one...

Not what I expected (though I did say there was a chance of an out-of-left-field writer), but am pretty happy with this, at least tentatively. I really enjoyed Agent Carter, and Anka looks like a good fit artistically. So, I'll definitely be picking it up. My only concern is that the writers are coming from TV rather than comics, but that's not been too much of a problem for others.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    Agreed, and the idea that Air Force women (especially former military) have ultrashort Justin Bieber hair styles is... ignorant.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Hairstyle is great. Hopefully it translates to film - not every female hero needs to have long hair.

Do you think female hero when you see this drawing? It looks like a 20 something frat guy with that hair spiked in the front.
    She has breasts, so unless Carol is actually a he about to transition, then yes, I think female hero. Maybe Carol is a gender neutral hero. Don't know if you don't ask a fictional character.
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

Another #1.

At least Anka won't be on the X-Books anymore.

Do you think female hero when you see this drawing? It looks like a 20 something frat guy with that hair spiked in the front.

Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)
    Zenescope: Grimm Fairy Tales

Don't be sad. There's still female heroes out there you can fap to...

There's nothing wrong with that hairstyle. I know lots of people who have something similar, and as countless people have pointed out (including the new creative team in the Fast Company article), long hair would get in your way and would be extra-problematic in zero gravity.

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/...jpg?1435066462
    I don't mind the hair tbh. It's better than that mullet she just had at least. Bonus points if they never use that helmet again.
    I also like that he muted the blue of her costume a bit. Those colors clashed a bit too much for my taste.

That said the other adjustments are terrible and unecessarry. What's with the footwear ? And the gloves ? What she had before was sleeker.

Spectacular Member

"Carol is really meant to be a soldier and a commander, and also a diplomat," said Amanat. "We're really trying to build up this space complex and this space world. You'll really feel like there's an extension of the Avengers world into space, but not necessarily lost out in the Guardians of the Galaxy cosmos. It's rooted in Earth but also an extension into the galaxy."

When asked about Captain Marvel taking up a mission similiar to the Marvel organization S.W.O.R.D., Amanat confirmed that it will not be around in the post-Secret Wars universe.
    Taken from other articles about this.

Anyways I'm glad she'll be more tied to Earth but I'm sad there is no Sword or Abigail Brand in the ANAD Marvel (makes me wonder if this is spoilery for Secret Wars Seige series...)

Anyways, sounds like this series has lots of potential. Though I wonder how long tv show runners will hang around on a comic...

This Carol sounds like a younger 616 Carol (but not much younger) who ends up in a role like 1610 Carol. Interesting...

I hope she'll be able to visit her Earth friends, at least Jessica Drew, I love their interactions.
    Current Pull List (updated for ANAD): Star Wars □ Darth Vader □ Lando □ Chewbacca □ Kanan □ uh... alot of ANAD but I still have decided what yet, lol