Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Who should lead the Avengers?

So, it looks like Steve Rogers will be off the Avengers after Secret Wars, with their long running leader gone who do you think should run the team? Which Avenger do you think has what it takes to lead the team? I would go with either Carol Danvers or Wasp (who during the old days was normally the person who took over if Cap was busy or didn't wan't to lead).

Any character is capable of leading the team if the writer wants them to. Mind you, having said that, ever since they started pushing Cap as the perfect leader, leadership of the Avengers has become something of a poisoned chalice - if Cap is defined by his perfect leadership, then everyone else has to fall short of that to avoid stepping on the character's toes. So chances are that any other character trying to lead the Avengers will be shown to struggle with the task, and maybe screw up big.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Any character is capable of leading the team if the writer wants them to. Mind you, having said that, ever since they started pushing Cap as the perfect leader, leadership of the Avengers has become something of a poisoned chalice - if Cap is defined by his perfect leadership, then everyone else has to fall short of that to avoid stepping on the character's toes. So chances are that any other character trying to lead the Avengers will be shown to struggle with the task, and maybe screw up big.
    True. I do believe Cap is the best leader of them, but I do miss the days when leaders rotated and were voted in. I know this sounds ironic coming from a guy with Steve Rogers as his profile picture. Luke Cage is really the only leader who was able to shine sense Civil War with his New Avengers and him co-leading the Mighty Avengers.

Captain Marvel, but it's probbaly going to be Sam or Iron Man again :/

Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) or Spectrum (Monica Rambeau)

I'd say either Luke Cage or Carol Danvers.

Luke has a lot of leadership experience since Civil War, and has grown into a wonderful character, and I really like the "family man" vibe he has going on, which feels far more grounded and natural than the Fantastic Four ever have (in my limited FF reading experience). And I think there's a lot of great potential for conflict when Luke's duties as the leader of the Avengers runs up against his responsibilities to his family. It'd be great to read about, and Cage has proven that he's able to shoulder the burden.

Carol on the other hand, doesnt have the same kind of outside responsibilities and could (and would) devote herself totally to the team, which, for a group like the Avengers, really is preferable to someone who has to be home at night to tuck his daughter in. Carol's smart, experienced, powerful, a long-standing Avenger, and is extremely well connected in the MU. However, she's also got a self-sacrificing streak that has bit her on the ass many times, tends to put all the responsibility on her own shoulders, and doesnt delegate well. She'd be the type of leader to put herself in danger rather than send someone else, and that in turn threatens the entire team. In short, despite her many qualifications, Carol isnt a natural leader. So she'd bring a very different type of conflict (inner, rather than Luke's outer) to the leadership role, and watching her learn how to let others do things for her instead of doing them herself would make for a lot of fun.

As a third, left field option, Black Panther. T'challa would never take up the burden of Avengers leadership while Wakanda needed him, but if, after Secret Wars, he's still an outcast and exile.....well, he'll need something to occupy his time, and after being the king of the world's most advanced nation, leading the Avengers would be pretty simple. Of course, if everyone still remembers his role in the Illuminati, he might be running from the Avengers, not leading them.

And as an added bonus, all three of these choices are getting the live action solo project treatment, meaning that they'll have a heightened level of public awareness.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

Odinson is the one I want to lead. Having a leader who has something to prove would be fun. I think it would be a great creative push to get to more heroic storytelling.

After that BP or a dark horse like Blue Marvel.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    As a third, left field option, Black Panther. T'challa would never take up the burden of Avengers leadership while Wakanda needed him, but if, after Secret Wars, he's still an outcast and exile.....well, he'll need something to occupy his time, and after being the king of the world's most advanced nation, leading the Avengers would be pretty simple. Of course, if everyone still remembers his role in the Illuminati, he might be running from the Avengers, not leading them.
    Wakkanda was destroyed by the Cabal

iMan 42s

Iron Patriot
    Keep the patriotic color scheme and ideals and give him the Iron man stuff to appeal to the movie audience and kids.

T'challa would also work pretty well. I would honestly like to see him on a secret Avengers team.

Hank Pym as well. Give him a team and one of his more versatile identities and you got your scientific and tactical leader. Honestly considering Civil War in the films coming up I can actually picture Pym being more prominent given his experience so make him Yellow Jacket and have him really use his head, just not for the crazy stuff. Just stop with the mental disability stuff.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Iron Patriot
    Keep the patriotic color scheme and ideals and give him the Iron man stuff to appeal to the movie audience and kids.

T'challa would also work pretty well. I would honestly like to see him on a secret Avengers team.

Hank Pym as well. Give him a team and one of his more versatile identities and you got your scientific and tactical leader. Honestly considering Civil War in the films coming up I can actually picture Pym being more prominent given his experience so make him Yellow Jacket and have him really use his head, just not for the crazy stuff. Just stop with the mental disability stuff.
    I hope you mean Rhodey and not Osborn. And they tried to give Hank his own team, with Avengers A.I. I dont think it sold very well

Well, Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan) or Squirrel Girl, given that basically they are the only ones who arent sociopaths; or maybe Ghost Rider.

My favorite character.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan) or Squirrel Girl, given that basically they are the only ones who arent sociopaths; or maybe Ghost Rider.
    I think an argument can be made that Squirrel Girl has some mental issues.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    My favorite character.
    Razorback?

Quote Originally Posted by William300 View Post
    I think an argument can be made that Squirrel Girl has some mental issues.
    Well, i didnt said that she was sane, just that she isnt a sociopath.