Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY-TWO (52) View Post
    Nobody called her "ugly" or an "abomination". Those were your words.
    I said she looks like a dude, and she does.
    And I don't get why they cut her hair and then gave her that long-ass sash. If you're pushing for practicality why would she go into battle with loose garments flapping around her?
    So EVERY woman looks the same, and EVERY guy works the same? If you really think that, then IDK what to tell you.

She doesn't "look like a dude" to me, nor to plenty of other people here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    So EVERY woman looks the same, and EVERY guy works the same? If you really think that, then IDK what to tell you.

In comics, practically all women look exactly the same. Artists don't tend to deviate from that unless they are trying to make a point.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    In comics, practically all women look exactly the same. Artists don't tend to deviate from that unless they are trying to make a point.
    And that's a problem, with the artists. The fact that they lack the talent/work effort to differentiate their female characters, doesn't mean that said variety doesn't exist. It just means that comics (in particular Big Two superhero comics) are pathetically slow in recognizing that fact/catching up.

As for this, the fact that so many people here are seriously arguing that a. You have to have one specific look in order to be truly "feminine," and b. if you deviate from that at all, then you're either being "defeminized" or "you look like a man" is very telling:

-It's stereotyping at it's most blatant/obvious.
    -It's insulting to women who DON'T fit that cliché/archetype.
    -It says a lot about how "femininity" is viewed/portrayed in the culture at large. And what it says, isn't good.

BANNED

Or they're George Perez.

BANNED

In the 60s yeah, not so much these days.

How does Rogue look like Ms.Marvel?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    Or they're George Perez.
    Or Steve Dillon.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post

You really like putting words in other people's mouths, don't you?

I wouldn't say she looks exactly like a dude but the hair/costume/body-type combination on that design sheet certainly gives me a masculine vibe. And "plenty of other people here" seem to feel the same. Different opinions, different tastes, it's ok. No need to misrepresent what others are saying just because you disagree.

I don't even think it's a bad direction even if a bit odd. I didn't like her look in the previous book but still gave it a chance.
    Last edited by Lutecius; 06-24-2015 at 11:01 AM.

BANNED

Gender is a social construct. Sex isn't.

Short hair isn't masculine nor is long hair feminine only. Or else Jesus and rock band dudes looked like a lady which they didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Lutecius View Post
    You really like putting words in other people's mouths, don't you?

I wouldn't say she looks exactly like a dude but the hair/costume/body-type combination on that design sheet certainly gives me a masculine vibe. And "plenty of other people here" seem to feel the same. Different opinions, different tastes, it's ok. No need to misrepresent what others are saying just because you disagree.

I don't even think it's a bad direction even if a bit odd. I didn't like her look in the previous book but still gave it a chance.
    I feel the same. Don't like it at all and like I said back on page 1, she gives off a very college frat guy vibe with the spiked hair in the front that's all I am sayin. I am still gonna get the book because the story seems awesome but I just don't care for the look.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)
    Zenescope: Grimm Fairy Tales

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    She was born in 1986. People must age slower in Australia...
    They have one of those sliding timelines over there.