Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    Down for this but not down for that hairstyle...
    Agreed, and the idea that Air Force women (especially former military) have ultrashort Justin Bieber hair styles is... ignorant.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Love this, the new costume tweaks look great as well (no surprise there as Anka does excellent design work). I also like the she looks powerful, and they've found a way to make her a space hero who's still tied to Earth. I don't like that SWORD is gone, its always been my favorite of the acronym agencies, but this looks it could be the take on Carol that I've been waiting to really enjoy.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

I hate the haircut. And I absolutely love the helmet, which will look ridiculous with this haircut. So that sucks.

Otherwise, I'm intrigued. Sounds like a cool premise, and Agent Carter was interesting enough that with a better story concept these people should be able to make something special.
    Cyclops was right

I'm curious as to whether the helmet will remain.

I won't lie, I'll miss the mane. I dug the resulting helmet-hawk and I'm just super in love with slow motion hair. They could've easily just pony-tailed it, but oh well.
    The cut makes sense.

The suit tweaks look fierce, and I'm hellajazzed for her new role.
    Last edited by Fokken; 06-23-2015 at 07:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Agreed, and the idea that Air Force women (especially former military) have ultrashort Justin Bieber hair styles is... ignorant.
    the idea that Air Force women (especially former military) have ultrashort Justin Bieber hair styles is... ignorant.[/QUOTE]

Agree 100%... and lets keep the helmet out of this run. The helmet was ridiculous.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)
    Zenescope: Grimm Fairy Tales

So when Marvel said that we would know all the new series at the same time from the magazine on July 1st and not from media outlets before-hand......that was a lie right?

I distinctly recall Alonso saying "No daily spoilers".
    Last edited by randomengine; 06-23-2015 at 07:36 AM.
    Pull List
    Avengers, Captain America, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor, Wolverine, Uncanny X-Men
    Justice League, Action Comics, Superman, Detective Comics, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg

Also: They are really trying to desexualize her. To some dgree, that's probably nessasary, but she's starting to look like a completely different person.
    Cyclops was right

Just because this one former Air Force woman has short hair does not mean they are saying ALL FORMER AIR FORCE WOMEN HAVE SHORT HAIR.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Also: They are really trying to desexualize her. To some dgree, that's probably nessasary, but she's starting to look like a completely different person.
    you're a couple runs late on that realization.

Quote Originally Posted by teamhawkeyes View Post
    Just because this one former Air Force woman has short hair does not mean they are saying ALL FORMER AIR FORCE WOMEN HAVE SHORT HAIR.
    And I loved the Cockrum design but in close combat, you'd grab the hair and yank if losing. Throw off her line of sight and you mess up her attacks. The short hair makes more sense tactically even if comics traditionally ignore this possibility...

I love the new direction and the updates to her costume look great and makea lot of sense. The only thing that upsets me is they're ending SWORD. It was such a great new addition to the MU and Brand would've been a great supporting character for the book, I hope she's around.

Quote Originally Posted by teamhawkeyes View Post
    Well, they are taking their most promenant female hero (or at least the one they are trying to push toward that) and giving her "badass" spiky hair. It seems really on the nose, especially when she's their most promenant modern military character.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    you're a couple runs late on that realization.
    No I'm mean even in comparison to the KSD run. Compare these pics to soem of the stuff from that run. She looks very different.
    Cyclops was right

Mighty Member

No I'm mean even in comparison to the KSD run. Compare these pics to soem of the stuff from that run. She looks very different.
    eh, she doesn't look vastly different from how she did in that run. She certainly didn't have more sex appeal. Compared to how she looked in KSD's run there's hardly enough differentiate that version and this.

There have been radical redesigns for characters, this is barely a modification. Anything else is just Anka's art style. Carol looks like that even in his art for her Ms Marvel form.
    Last edited by ZephyrSurf; 06-23-2015 at 07:46 AM.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Do you think female hero when you see this drawing? It looks like a 20 something frat guy with that hair spiked in the front.

She looks on trend with what a lot of young women wear these days.

Agree 100%... and lets keep the helmet out of this run. The helmet was ridiculous.
    I love it when people try to throw around "ignorant" to keep the status-quo that never was. Women cut their hair like 3 decades ago
    Or more if you count all those flappers and their bobs.

Women with short hair still have sex appeal, hence the internet going gaga for Ruby Rose.
    Last edited by PretenderNX01; 06-23-2015 at 07:48 AM.