Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

While I'm anxious to see what these new voices bring to Carol, I'd be surprised if they were around any longer than the first arc since I imagine they'll be returning to Agent Carter. But if they launch the series in the right direction (cosmic again, hmmmmmm?) hopefully they'll set a tone the creators can follow.

( I imagine Marvel will be the guiding force for Carol between now and the movie, writers will be servicing their needs. This is the price we'll be paying to see her on the big screen. Possibly that's one of the reasons KSD decided it was best to leave now )

A little bummed to see Anka on the book. He's at the same "meh" level as Lopez for me. For all of the push Marvel has been trying to give this character, they have yet to put an A-list artist on the book.

Wish I could be more effusive about this announcement. But, Carol is one of the five characters I will follow anywhere, so bring it on Marvel. I dare ya to prove me wrong!
    Last edited by klynn; 06-23-2015 at 07:49 AM.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

And the terrible haircut returns.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Short hair does not equate to MAN or lack of femininity.

Gorgeous, sexy women have short hair all the time.

Grip
    Grip. <--- Here. Have one of these.
    Grip.

Yeesh.
    Tons of dudes have had long locks before and people don't cry "GIRLY!!!"
    Last edited by Fokken; 06-23-2015 at 07:53 AM.

I love Captain Marvel and stories by Kelly Sue Deconnick, it's a great series, I was afraid of change, but I like Agent Carter so I'm confident. I like the new creative team, even if I will like another drawer, I like Kris Anka well, but I don't know.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    And the terrible haircut returns.
    This isn't that unholy abomination of seven different hairstyles in one.

I think the hairstyle looks great. Someone like Carol probably wouldn't worry about hairstyles.

I'd like to see the reaction if a sex symbol like Mary Jane Watson were to cut her hair short. The reaction would be hysterical.

I like this haircut, she look great and sexy !
    The most important is not the look or dress, it is the characterization of the character.
    "my feminism will be intersectional, or will it be bullshit." Kelly Sue Deconnick
    "All this magic stuff needs new terminology because it's not what people are being told it is at all." Grant Morrison

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedQueen View Post
    I think the hairstyle looks great. Someone like Carol probably wouldn't worry about hairstyles.

I'd like to see the reaction if a sex symbol like Mary Jane Watson were to cut her hair short. The reaction would be hysterical.
    Up until 3 or 4 years ago Carol was exactly that, just saying.
    Current Pull List (updated for ANAD): Star Wars □ Darth Vader □ Lando □ Chewbacca □ Kanan □ uh... alot of ANAD but I still have decided what yet, lol

I prefer long hair on her to short but this is still an improvement over that weird mullet hybrid thing, so I'll take any improvement we can get.

I'm happy about this announcements. Agent Carter was awesome and so I trust Butters and Fazekas with writing a good Captain Marvel book. This will be better than the before which I won't say was bad, but quite average. As somebody trying to save money now, I need more than average.

Kris Anka is a bit hit or miss. He has done so good stuff and some not so good stuff. But he's not terrible so if the writing is good enough, the book will be worth it. I'll be giving it a chance and hopefully it delivers.

I like the premise of the book. Carol felt like a character between earth and space so a space station above the Earth is a good fit right in the middle.
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordRyus View Post
    I wouldn't exactly call Ms. Marvel a sex symbol. She was sexy, but it's not like she was Mary Jane who was supposed to be god damn hot as day fire and a model.

Like Emma Frost, Mary Jane, Patsy Walker, Jessica Drew. Those a comic heroines who had sex appeal being a very central part of their character. Carol was always just kinda sexy cause she was, which I'd say a lot of heroines and heroes fall in line with.

But I'd never call Steve Rogers a sex symbol like I'd call say Gambit.

Quote Originally Posted by Magda View Post
    I like this haircut, she look great and sexy !
    The most important is not the look or dress, it is the characterization of the character.
    No! Nothing is more important than the hair!

</snark>

Sometimes, I think one of the worst things they do is try to justify changes to things like her hair. Yes, it's practical. But you know what? I think it would almost be better if they just said, "Carol cut her hair because she wanted to. Period." Because sometimes... women do that.

Quote Originally Posted by LordRyus View Post
    I wouldn't say so. Unless you consider an attractive costume and long hair sexually symbolic. Personally, I think Carol had much more personality in Claremont's and Reed's runs than in DeConnick's.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    Sometimes, I think one of the worst things they do is try to justify changes to things like her hair. Yes, it's practical. But you know what? I think it would almost be better if they just said, "Carol cut her hair because she wanted to. Period." Because sometimes... women do that.
    Right? Yes

Will these folks be involved in the movie as well?