Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    Women with short hair still have sex appeal, hence the internet going gaga for Ruby Rose.
    I know WAAAAYYYY too many women who rock shorter hair to get overly concerned about this.

She looks a bit thicker and not a stick...she looks like a lot of toned, athletic women I see around.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Short hair does not equate to MAN or lack of femininity.

Gorgeous, sexy women have short hair all the time.

Grip
    Grip. <--- Here. Have one of these.
    Grip.

Yeesh.
    Tons of dudes have had long locks before and people don't cry "GIRLY!!!"
    Take it from a guy who had long hair growing up... Yes, people absolutely do cry "GIRLY!!!"

Tell me that she doesn't look good with short hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Will these folks be involved in the movie as well?
    Nothing to that effect has been announced. At the moment, the movie writers are Nicole Perlman (GotG) and Meg LeFauve (Inside Out - which has been getting a ton of critical praise).

I like the look. I like the hair - much better than the faux-hawk thing they tried before just so they could shape it coming out of her helmet, which always seemed silly to me. But to say she's cutting it to be practical is laughable when she still has that long-ass sash. I was actually hoping they'd get rid of it. I can see her wearing something like it when she's being more diplomatic, but if you want to be "practical," that and the loose belt make no sense. I do understand they want to give a military "look" - long flowing hair doesn't scream military. I also think this new status quo could be a great thing - it certainly places her in a unique place in the MU. (and it makes sense that MU Earth finally accepts alien life as a regular thing and joins the intergalactic community in some form)

Btw, other notable short-haired ladies that were still sexy: Wasp, Aurora, Black Widow, Quake, Rogue and Moondragon

I do hope she still occasionally dons a helmet - maybe they'll let her have a proper fin helmet now.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 06-23-2015 at 08:27 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    I wouldn't exactly call Ms. Marvel a sex symbol. She was sexy, but it's not like she was Mary Jane who was supposed to be god damn hot as day fire and a model.

Like Emma Frost, Mary Jane, Patsy Walker, Jessica Drew. Those a comic heroines who had sex appeal being a very central part of their character. Carol was always just kinda sexy cause she was, which I'd say a lot of heroines and heroes fall in line with.

But I'd never call Steve Rogers a sex symbol like I'd call say Gambit.
    Lmao, there's not much difference between 'hottest in ridiculous out fit' and 'sexy girl just there for arm candy'. They attract the same audience.

Here is the scoring of your listed woman from an actual magazine entitled "Comics buyers guide presents: the hottest 100 women in comics"

#5 Emma Frost
    #29 Carol Danvers
    #43 Mary Jane Watson
    #54 Spider-Woman
    #95 Patsy Walker

Carol beats MJ by near 15 ranks... and Emma by near 40 ranks. Remember how they're treated today isn't how they where always treated. For a long time MJ was a failed model/actress and mostly a wife, if you look at her entire comic history Carol has very often been a sex symbol (just with superpowers). It's all obviously subjective but most of Carol's famous artwork historically is rather sexy until only a few years ago.

As to sex symbol for the male characters... don't really think of it being a heterosexual male. That said I know lots of females and gay guys today who consider him one in the MCU... a gay guy coworker of mine actually got upset after seeing age of ultron and Steve not taking off his shirt and several girls joined in that right away. I kinda laughed about him (and Thor) becoming a sex symbol today
    Last edited by LordRyus; 06-23-2015 at 08:36 AM.
    Current Pull List (updated for ANAD): Star Wars □ Darth Vader □ Lando □ Chewbacca □ Kanan □ uh... alot of ANAD but I still have decided what yet, lol

Incredible Member

I've never read Captain Marvel, but this has piqued my interest.

Can someone sell me on the character real quick? What's her personality like?

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by TickTock View Post
    Take it from a guy who had long hair growing up... Yes, people absolutely do cry "GIRLY!!!"
    I'm talking FICTION buddy.

Like, Thor.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    She looks on trend with what a lot of young women wear these days.

I love it when people try to throw around "ignorant" to keep the status-quo that never was. Women cut their hair like 3 decades ago
    Or more if you count all those flappers and their bobs.

Women with short hair still have sex appeal, hence the internet going gaga for Ruby Rose.
    What?! Ruby is 15! That's disgusting.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeMonster View Post
    I've never read Captain Marvel, but this has piqued my interest.

Can someone sell me on the character real quick? What's her personality like?
    She's a former Air Force officer, former spy, former writer turned Superhero. She's got super strength, invulnerability, flight, and really powerful energy blasts. BOOM.

She's headstrong, a total adrenaline junkie, a capable leader, a good soldier, and also very much the kind of person who cares a lot about the people close to her.

She has a cat (that's secretly an alien.)

... and she loves Star Wars.

How's that?

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Or.... 29.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    She was born in 1986. People must age slower in Australia...

Incredible Member cheesebiggins's Avatar

I've never read a Captain Marvel comic book but I really like the sound of this; I think I'll check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by cheesebiggins View Post
    I've never read a Captain Marvel comic book but I really like the sound of this; I think I'll check it out!
    Do it! Do it!

(Yes, I am currently working on meeting my monthly recruiting quota for the Carol Corps.)