Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I'm a little disappointed that SWORD is gone. But hope Abigail sticks around as CM's SiC and grumbles about how she used to be the head honcho all the time.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    What?! Ruby is 15! That's disgusting.
    Huh?! Ruby is 29. What are you talking about?
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeMonster View Post
    I've never read Captain Marvel, but this has piqued my interest.

Can someone sell me on the character real quick? What's her personality like?
    Tough, badass Air Force Pilot. Like Hal Jordan, but she actually thinks before she acts.
    Cyclops was right

I think we're thinking of different Rubys. Im talking to the Ruvy from RWBY. Who do you mean?
    Cyclops was right

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Tough, badass Air Force Pilot. Like Hal Jordan, but she actually thinks before she acts.
    Eh. Pretty sure the main point of her recent activities is that she often fails to think before she acts.

And Ruby Rose is an MTV VJ with short hair.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    Do it! Do it!

(Yes, I am currently working on meeting my monthly recruiting quota for the Carol Corps.)
    I'm a newbie. What are the Corps guidelines?
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Eh. Pretty sure the main point of her recent activities is that she often fails to think before she acts.
    If you've read modern Green Lantern, you would know what I mean. Hal is downright stupid recently.
    Cyclops was right

Cosplay but don't buy the book...

If you say you're Carol Corps, you're Carol Corps. As simple as that!
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Quote Originally Posted by Steve068 View Post
    Cosplay but don't buy the book...
    Bwahahahaha

Awwww its sad because its kinda true

Quote Originally Posted by klynn View Post
    If you say you're Carol Corps, you're Carol Corps. As simple as that!
    Bingo. Just be a fan.

I'm somewhat interested….but the space thing. Fool me once Marvel, shame on YOU, fool me twice, shame on ME. I'll see what the reviews say. Still could've picked Jim Starlin.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post

And Ruby Rose is an MTV VJ with short hair.
    Pretty sure that's a recent trend in many books with average writers not sure how else to make the character relatible. It started big with Fraction's run on Hawkeye and spread to many other characters. Carol Danvers and Jessica Drew being two very intelligent historically characters who got dumbed down quite a bit recently. Carol in Kelly Sue's runs and Jessica in Secret Avengers and her new solo.

Many others have fallen victim to this too. Now the show runners of Agent Carter didn't do that to Peggy so here's to hoping Carol gets smart again...
    Current Pull List (updated for ANAD): Star Wars □ Darth Vader □ Lando □ Chewbacca □ Kanan □ uh... alot of ANAD but I still have decided what yet, lol

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    She looks on trend with what a lot of young women wear these days.

I love it when people try to throw around "ignorant" to keep the status-quo that never was. Women cut their hair like 3 decades ago
    Or more if you count all those flappers and their bobs.

Women with short hair still have sex appeal, hence the internet going gaga for Ruby Rose.
    Yeah I can see it being a simple matter of personal taste, which is fine. But when I see someone asserting that no women wear short hair or that it's not something a woman would do it makes me wonder if the person saying this has been outside at any point in the last 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Will these folks be involved in the movie as well?
    Marvel hasn't made announcements on the CAPTAIN MARVEL movie, but I wouldn't be surprised if this series is setting a status quo that will be similar in some fashion to what we can expect – similar to when Bendis revamped GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY when that film was being set up. One of the things I noticed looking at the minor changes to the costume was that it looks more than ever like a flight suit (look at the sides and the feet). I can picture in my head an image on film where Danvers in a flight suit "energizes" into a costume like this. My other thought is on her origins in the comics during the Mar-vell days in NASA security –*with the talk from the AVENGERS of upping Earths security against extraterrestrial threats (and the question of where the rights to Abigail Brand would fall), I could easily see Carol Danvers in the MCU introduced as the former-USAF security chief on a (NASA? New Avengers Initiative? New S.H.I.E.L.D.?) security station in orbit monitoring for alien activity when Kree arrive –*and then end up in this same sort of 'home defense' role that the book places here after she gets her powers.

The major complaint that many had for DeConnick's work on CAPTAIN MARVEL was plot – her character and script work was well-liked and helped bring in many of the "Carol Corps," of course. Turning to writers who have been responsible for plotting stories in short bursts like AGENT CARTER's short seasons is probably somewhat of a response, as well a look at connecting to the feel of the MCU in preparation for the movie. It's likely that these writers (and perhaps some others before them) will be involved in the consultant group that Marvel uses for each character's film to bring their films in line with characters as seen in the books (lest we see the old problem of superhero films going too far afield). Likewise, as with GotG and others, I suspect that this team and revamp of what CM's place in the universe is a "meet them halfway" of placing the character where readers will see the connection between the film's Carol and the book's Carol more clearly when the film is released –*part of Marvel's long-game that I think they've pretty successfully done in recent years.