Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member FIFTY-TWO (52)'s Avatar

Wow, the lady looks like a dude.
    That could've been a younger Steve Rogers if they hadn't told us otherwise.
    Last word out of your sorry mouth will be SIR and it will be LOUD!!

BANNED

So basically Carol is now S.W.O.R.D.

So what exactly happened to S.W.O.R.D. and Abigail?

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Tough, badass Air Force Pilot. Like Hal Jordan, but she actually thinks before she acts.
    Like Hal Jordan, but he now has long hair...

Quote Originally Posted by klynn View Post
    While I'm anxious to see what these new voices bring to Carol, I'd be surprised if they were around any longer than the first arc since I imagine they'll be returning to Agent Carter.
    That's what I thought at first, but then I remembered that they did the first season of Agent Carter while still ALSO serving as showrunners for another ABC show, Resurrection, which has since been cancelled. So it would seem that they've handled an intense schedule before.. perhaps being two people helps.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Not digging the short hair.

Sure, I buy the reason for it, but to take your premier female hero and make her look like a flat chested, short haired dude kinda defeats the point, no?
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

If you've read modern Green Lantern, you would know what I mean. Hal is downright stupid recently.
    I do.

I've also read all Carol stories, and they're just one calamity after another. No different than Hal.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Earth's Mightiest Hero RafDanvers's Avatar

SUPER EXCITEEEED! OMGGG! Carol looks even more badass! And i though the costume had reached it's peak of awesomeness!
    Kris Anka redesign got the best from McKelvie's design and took it to another level! This SUCH an important time for us! She is more and more imporant in Marvel! BACK TO THE MAIN HEROES! She's defending Earth against cosmic invaders! BASED on EARTH (for those who love to complain) with space action - i love it!

Also FINALLY we are having a consistent hairdo! And the shorter style is much more pratical and functional as the whole outfit! Shes a hero, militar and doesnt have the time to make long hair poses. Shes badass. The outfit looks very movie-ish! Think this is the design they'll go for the film! Also the gloves, and boots and stripes and the long sash. WOW ! THANK YOU MARVEL! Sooo worth the waaait!
    My heroines: Captain Marvel Psylocke

my pull list: The Mighty Captain Marvel - Ultimates 2 - Uncanny X-Men *I run @captmarvelnews and @psylockenews on Twitter! Join us!

Earth's Mightiest Hero RafDanvers's Avatar

guys, Kris Anka did Spider-Womans redesign too. He drew her without big boobs.. but others draw her big ones. Its jus the matter of the artist! her hair is awesome! SHes military, shes commander, she is based on Earth but her adventures are cosmic. How can she fly mach three in space with no gravity with long hair! Come on!
    Also, MANY heroines have the same boring hair. Im so happy fopr my hero.
    My heroines: Captain Marvel Psylocke

my pull list: The Mighty Captain Marvel - Ultimates 2 - Uncanny X-Men *I run @captmarvelnews and @psylockenews on Twitter! Join us!

Incredible Member

I love absolutely love Anka and the choice of writers is pretty interesting as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve068 View Post
    Cosplay but don't buy the book...
    LOL Accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by vaf2675 View Post
    So basically Carol is now S.W.O.R.D.

So what exactly happened to S.W.O.R.D. and Abigail?
    They were better in short bursts and as antagonists so replacing them with a more workable alternative was a no brainer?

So very excited about this news. Really enjoyed Agent Carter and have complete faith in their ability to craft an amazing story. Not thrilled about the loss of SWORD, but hope that we get Brand somewhere.
    My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordRyus View Post
    Taken from other articles about this.

Anyways I'm glad she'll be more tied to Earth but I'm sad there is no Sword or Abigail Brand in the ANAD Marvel (makes me wonder if this is spoilery for Secret Wars Seige series...)

Anyways, sounds like this series has lots of potential. Though I wonder how long tv show runners will hang around on a comic...

This Carol sounds like a younger 616 Carol (but not much younger) who ends up in a role like 1610 Carol. Interesting...

I hope she'll be able to visit her Earth friends, at least Jessica Drew, I love their interactions.
    I am relieved there is no Sword or Abigail Brand in the ANAD Marvel.
    PLEASE marvel comics, reveal that this is Arcadia Carol Danvers and that 616 Carol Danvers is dead PLEASE!
    PLEASE marvel comics, reveal that this is Arcadia Jessica Drew and that 616 Jessica Drew is dead PLEASE!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    Do you think female hero when you see this drawing? It looks like a 20 something frat guy with that hair spiked in the front.

It looks like a 20 something counterpart of 616 Carol Danvers which, to me, is an improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    I don't mind the hair tbh. It's better than that mullet she just had at least. Bonus points if they never use that helmet again.
    I also like that he muted the blue of her costume a bit. Those colors clashed a bit too much for my taste.

That said the other adjustments are terrible and unecessarry. What's with the footwear ? And the gloves ? What she had before was sleeker.
    Bonus points if they always use the helmet and that the helmet is colored navy blue and has no crack, which means no hair sticking out.
    I have to compliment Kris Anka on the footwear. The footwear is to my liking! Only complaint is the yellow stripe.To me, it should be navy blue.
    Again, I have to compliment Kris Anka. The gloves are to my liking! Only complaint is the yellow part. To me, it should be navy blue.

I hate the haircut. And I absolutely love the helmet, which will look ridiculous with this haircut. So that sucks.

Otherwise, I'm intrigued. Sounds like a cool premise, and Agent Carter was interesting enough that with a better story concept these people should be able to make something special.
    I like the haircut. And I absolutely am all for a navy blue colored helmet, which will look riveting with this haircut. So that's great.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    the idea that Air Force women (especially former military) have ultrashort Justin Bieber hair styles is... ignorant.
    Agree 100%... and lets keep the helmet out of this run. The helmet was ridiculous.[/QUOTE] lets include the helmet in this run. The helmet is ravishing.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    And the terrible haircut returns.
    And the terrific haircut remains.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I wouldn't say so. Unless you consider an attractive costume and long hair sexually symbolic. Personally, I think Carol had much more personality in Claremont's and Reed's runs than in DeConnick's.
    Claremont gave me Ms. Marvel who evolved into Binary, which was, to me, great!

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Will these folks be involved in the movie as well?
    If there has to be a movie than please marvel studios, make use of the gloves and footwear designed by Kris Anka and a navy blue colored helmet with NO crack which makes her hair stick out and shaped like a mohawk.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I like the look. I like the hair - much better than the faux-hawk thing they tried before just so they could shape it coming out of her helmet, which always seemed silly to me. But to say she's cutting it to be practical is laughable when she still has that long-ass sash. I was actually hoping they'd get rid of it. I can see her wearing something like it when she's being more diplomatic, but if you want to be "practical," that and the loose belt make no sense. I do understand they want to give a military "look" - long flowing hair doesn't scream military. I also think this new status quo could be a great thing - it certainly places her in a unique place in the MU. (and it makes sense that MU Earth finally accepts alien life as a regular thing and joins the intergalactic community in some form)

Btw, other notable short-haired ladies that were still sexy: Wasp, Aurora, Black Widow, Quake, Rogue and Moondragon

I do hope she still occasionally dons a helmet - maybe they'll let her have a proper fin helmet now.
    which always seemed godawful to me.
    I have to criticize Kris Anka ; this sash is, to me, godawful. The original sash is, to me, great!
    I do hope she still permanently dons a helmet - maybe they'll let her have a proper navy blue colored helmet now.

Astonishing Member

I sure do hope Anka has started to draw backgrounds.

Also, I'm rather disappointed in S.W.O.R.D being disbanded, but they have been fairly ineffectual at their jobs, so I can't be too surprised.

Beyond that, I'm hopeful that the writers bring something interesting to the table as I really enjoyed Agent Carter and anxiously look forward to season 2.

I've always wanted to see a scene where we find out the ends of Carol's sash are weighted with an extremely heavy material and watch her beat someone who counters her other powers...

Oh and can we have the Seventh sense back?

BTB, what issue was Carol's last appearance in Captain Marvel before she debuted as Ms Marvel?