Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Tom Holland Lands "Spider-Man" Lead Role

Holland will be the latest actor to pick up the web shooters, though he will be the first to do so within the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Full article here.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

He isn't who I would have picked, but I didnt see him audition.

I'd say he looks a bit too young, but with a few years to go before he's everywhere I guess he could still grow up some.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Astonishing Member

I was really hoping Charlie Rowe would have landed it. Seems like a perfect fit.

Hopefully Holland brings his best to the table.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post

I'd say he looks a bit too young, but with a few years to go before he's everywhere I guess he could still grow up some.
    He does look young, but he's at that perfect age Hollywood likes to use to cast 15 year olds (19).

I really hope they don't give us three movies worth of him in high school.

Also, Jon Watts is the director. He's knew on the scene so I don't know what to expect. I just hope he knocks our socks off and has more freedom than Sony gave Webb in the Amazing series.

PERFECT. I love the casting. Let's get this thing rolling!!!

BANNED

Would have preferred Asa Butterfiled (think he's a better actor), but Holland will do.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post

The fact that he looks too young is what Marvel and Sony were looking for. They want a high school Spider-Man, and this kid certainly fits the bill. Let's be honest, Tobey and Andrew looked way too old to be in high school.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

he's too old.

He's 19 already.

By the time his first movie comes out, he'll be 21. By the time his first sequel comes out he'll be 23/24.

I thought we were going for teenage spidey, not "dude pretending to be a teenager" again.

Spectacular Member

No idea who he is. Suppose I'll have to hunt down his former roles. Glad he's a tad older though, I've always prefered older Spider-Man. Hope this translates to him aging faster between the movies and not always in high school.

But anyways, throw him in Civil War asap.

I wonder how many movies he signed up for...
    Current Pull List (updated for ANAD): Star Wars □ Darth Vader □ Lando □ Chewbacca □ Kanan □ uh... alot of ANAD but I still have decided what yet, lol

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    he's too old.

He's 19 already.

By the time his first movie comes out, he'll be 21. By the time his first sequel comes out he'll be 23/24.

I thought we were going for teenage spidey, not "dude pretending to be a teenager" again.
    This is standard practice for Hollywood. They trust a slightly older matured actor to give a more compelling performance than a real 15 year old, that and all of the other concerns that may arise down the line. Thankfully Holland looks younger than his years by quite a bit.
    Last edited by Ceebiro; 06-23-2015 at 09:42 AM.

I haven't seen him in anything so far, but hopefully he's a good Peter. He's clearly a fan. (Tweets were from last year. Way before the Disney/Sony deal.)

Screen shot Holland.jpg
    Last edited by KurtW95; 06-23-2015 at 09:44 AM.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

All-New Member

They would be dumb to cast anyone under the age of 18. Too many legal issues.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordRyus View Post
    No idea who he is. Suppose I'll have to hunt down his former roles. Glad he's a tad older though, I've always prefered older Spider-Man. Hope this translates to him aging faster between the movies and not always in high school.

But anyways, throw him in Civil War asap.

I wonder how many movies he signed up for...
    Don't get your hopes up on this. Fiege seems intent to keep Peter in high school for a bit, because there are just oh so many stories of Peter in high school that we'd be missing out on if he went to college. As if Peter was ever in high school for that long.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I haven't seen him in anything so far, but hopefully he's a good Peter. He's clearly a fan
    Yeah and at least we know he can do some of his own stunts (guy's already somewhat acrobatic).

Spectacular Member

I'm not thrilled about this pick at all and I doubt I will warm up to it any time soon.