Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Hasn't Top Cow also used a similar model in the past?

Hell yeah! Never had as much fun with any comic as I'm having with Spider-Gwen, can't wait for this.

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    why does Marvel even bother with non-#1 numbering at this point?
    Funny how Batman and Justice League can still bring in sales without a #1 gimmick.
    THIS. Your quote explains so much!

SO THERE IS IS A MULTIVERSE AFTER SECRET WARS?! If that is true then WHAT IS THE POINT OF THE INCURSIONS AND EVERYTHING ENDING?! Earth 65, I thought Marvel didn't want a multiverse?!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wandacrystal22 View Post
    SO THERE IS IS A MULTIVERSE AFTER SECRET WARS?! If that is true then WHAT IS THE POINT OF THE INCURSIONS AND EVERYTHING ENDING?! Earth 65, I thought Marvel didn't want a multiverse?!
    Is that question specifically addressed toward Earth 65, or can anyone answer it?

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    A season would count as ten to twelve months, so like television you have one major plot and several sub-plots that have a beginning and an end. The creative team sticks around that many issues, more or less, and then a new crew comes in. Maybe they stick around longer.

It's really not so different from television.
    Kevin Smith had an interview with Jeph Loeb on the Fatman on Batman podcast, where they both advocated The Long Halloween as a model for all comics: something with a complete beginning, middle and end before a new #1 comes along.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    You have to give DC credit for the status changes to Batman and Superman, yet the numbering remained the same in fact the only new #1's were titles that were not around pre Convergence. Marvel would never do that with their titles.
    eh, I don't really care. It's honestly a preference and nothing more. Short runs or never stopping numbers, they really don't mean anything at all, It's all just personal preference.

Not like a bigger or smaller number means anything.

Only variation I see any merit in is new #1s when a team changes or a very major arc concludes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Kevin Smith had an interview with Jeph Loeb on the Fatman on Batman podcast, where they both advocated The Long Halloween as a model for all comics: something with a complete beginning, middle and end before a new #1 comes along.
    With the market leaning towards the trade model, that'd make sense. Also makes for hot-ass 12-issue hardcover collections that'll look dope on my bookshelf.

BANNED

Just realized the Lizard is in that pic's background. Sounds like someone may have just been shedding their humanity.

So much for my Spider-Gwen #1 (shakes fist)

I remember going to a huge comic book store in local Manhattan for a signing event with Latour and Rodriguez. The line covered the entire block and when I arrived the store staff had already capped the line. I want to believe in Spider-Gwen but this constant relaunching of titles (so many #1's, much wow) will not let her story develop and eventually the bubble will burst.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Is that question specifically addressed toward Earth 65, or can anyone answer it?
    Well, to anyone!

Eh...think I might drop this one. The first 5 issues didn't really wow me, they were alright but I'm not hooked and I'm looking to make cuts to my list.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    Eh...think I might drop this one. The first 5 issues didn't really wow me, they were alright but I'm not hooked and I'm looking to make cuts to my list.
    I think that Spider-Gwen's costume might have looked awesome on Jessica Drew, but with the Red and Black contrast.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wandacrystal22 View Post
    Well, to anyone!
    Then the point was the Secret Wars storyline, the resulting sales, and then some shifting around of status quos for the relaunches.

No need to get rid of the multiverse. Alternate universes don't really weigh Marvel down because they've always been secondary universes.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I think that Spider-Gwen's costume might have looked awesome on Jessica Drew, but with the Red and Black contrast.
    Gwen's costume is a little too punky for Jessica I think. The hoodie makes it seem very unjesslike to me.

I'm glad they didn't bring her to the main MU as well. Part of me wants her their, but her world is too brand new, too untapped to ditch it. Maybe Secret Wars Deux bring her over.