Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

That new look is so utterly crap to me, it's a blessing to think the movie costume when BVS comes out year will hopefully do what comic movies usually do and force a change back to the costume which wasn't remotely broken.

Spectacular Member

I agree and I wouldn't want to see body armor but maybe a tunic design or something with an inspiration to her roots. I always liked the Nick Cardy costume because it was unique to Donna, had the WW connection with the stars so I was thinking something more akin to that aesthetic.

Interestingly enough, Donna's Cardy costume had the same color scheme...white, black, red and gold...that Diana's new one has but with a MUCH cleaner look/design.
    Last edited by I-Ching; 06-23-2015 at 12:58 PM.

Extraordinary Member

"I want a costume to show that she's this, this, this and this other thing too."

Saw this on an episode of My Little Pony my daughter Gwen was watching the other day. Like here the results were predictably jarring.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

BANNED

It was changed because of Prudes.

Quote Originally Posted by I-Ching View Post
    The idea of a new costume isn’t a new one so I appreciate the thought and exposition that motivated this change however I can’t believe this idea that, visually, the “when it’s right, it’s right” concept applies to the design.

Taste is subjective so I understand this may appeal to some but for me there seem to be such a garish and busy color scheme/design to it that with a few minor tweaks it would be more visually pleasing. Thigh high boots over pants…why? Protection? Why not have better pants? And then a loin cloth?

For me it’s just far too busy and clunky looking while some of the other designs had some interesting ideas that I hope work their way into this current look.
    And why those shoulder pads? Like there are literal LEVELS to those shoulder pads.

She's wearing elements of like for or five different looks on one costume. It's just too much. It's too much too much, if that makes any sense.

Where is the editing?

This would have been the first cut on Project Runway.
    Last edited by SonOfBaldwin; 06-23-2015 at 04:48 PM.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

BANNED

Its not a 90s Image costume for females tho, no huge amount of Skin being shown.

Its a modern Image costume.

Lol.

John stewart sucks DevilsGambit's Avatar

Yeah I more upset with how she has messed up the story. Such an amazing run and she shat all over it. The costume, I like the colors. The design I'm not a big fan of. I liked her new 52 launch look. For some reason I like WW with pants.
    Last edited by Gaelforce; 06-23-2015 at 01:47 PM. Reason: language

It's just.... hideous. I can't believe the same people that came up with that modern, sleek new look for Donna also created this insanely-crappy design for Wonder Woman.

UGH. I did a covered-up version of WW with those long pointy hooker boots when I was in high-school. It didn't work then, and it doesn't work now. At least I didn't think to include HUGE pointless shoulder pads and a weird loincloth (wtf?!) over her pants.

And those white stars ... why? They look so out of place against both the red and the gold. Maybe they would work if they were red - a red star against a gold background has always been a consistent design element for Diana. Or a white star against a blue-black background.

Lordy, I hope they decide to simplify it soon. But according to the interview the writer said they may decide to actually ADD more elements in the future.

It's particularly hilarious to see this terrible new Wonder Woman outfit juxtaposed next to an article highlighting Kris Anka's sleek reinterpretation of Captain Marvel's far superior new uniform.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Yeah, Donna's new costume is a case study in the time-honored "less is more" concept. Yeah, I'd like something a little more "superhero-y." But I'll take this new Donna costume over Diana's re-design any day of the week, twice on Sunday.

Diana's costume? First? They lost me on the "looks like something you might fight in in the real world" thing. I don't WANT "the real world" in my comics. I read comics to ESCAPE from this crap-sack world in which I am forced to live.

Second? They claim this costume has elements of other classic designs? Really? I don't see one nod to Perez's design. Or any other design. Not even the Odyssey costume, which is just about the only other WW costume that featured much black. I don't see an homage to past designs with a new twist. I just see a busy, overworked mess.

Third? Look at it really. It's just the New 52 costume with a black bodysuit underneath, some totally unnecessary shoulder pads, and with all the silver components changed to gold. It's FAR from a very original design. The only "original" parts are also the least necessary and the most jarring. Bulky bracelets with Baraka-blades? A loin cloth when she's wearing pants? The stupid shoulder pads? Take them all away and the costume becomes that "pants-wearing" version of the New 52 costume that we saw before WW #1 debuted. Which would have been better.

With Fabok's vastly superior design in Justice League plus the movie costume? This costume doesn't even begin to compete with anything else out there.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

All-New Member

I like that they are trying to make character more realistic. HOWEVER, Wonderwoman was never slutty. She never needed armor. And her armor is too bulky. Its a little lazy. "Just cover up her lady parts and skin. Yah that will work."

Bruce and Dick has different armors. Wonderwoman's armor outside of her home island would be completely nonfunctional. She fights more like Superman or even at worst like Batman. She flies, flips and jumps. That armor is an Amazonian fighting on Themyscira. Superman at Kyrpton would use different armor than Superman on Earth. So shouldn't WW use a different clothing outside of the Greco-Amazonian armor?

TBH WW's new look actually looks better in SM/WW ..the inker isn't working too well for this look in WW.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

I think Odyssey would have worked with a few changes like no onesie on the pants and just put the boots on her. DO away with all that straps and just leave it thestrapons on her top.

Diana's new costume is hideous. Donna's is not bad. Will Donna ever get a codename that sticks, though?

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksquare View Post
    I like that they are trying to make character more realistic. HOWEVER, Wonderwoman was never slutty. She never needed armor. And her armor is too bulky. Its a little lazy. "Just cover up her lady parts and skin. Yah that will work."

Bruce and Dick has different armors. Wonderwoman's armor outside of her home island would be completely nonfunctional. She fights more like Superman or even at worst like Batman. She flies, flips and jumps. That armor is an Amazonian fighting on Themyscira. Superman at Kyrpton would use different armor than Superman on Earth. So shouldn't WW use a different clothing outside of the Greco-Amazonian armor?
    Well yes and no it depends on why she needs it and of course why would Diana not want to use her home's costume. I can see something like Odyssey would have worked with a few changes like no onesie on the pants and just put the boots on her. Do away with all that straps and just leave it thestrapons on her top. However most of the time with no Greek Armor recently has just become so bust. For example that flashpoint Wonder Woman armor is to much. That's the problem with Dc they think we should just cover her up. There is no need for that really. This is why not having the Greek Armor kinda of hurts her is more ways than one. I mean if that couldn't do it in the 70s when she was just Diana Prince(by that no simple homage to her costume colors) than there is no way they have done it right for the most part.

Astonishing Member

Finch's interest in "what happens to gods when they die?" makes me wonder if the voice in the pool, speaking to Aegeus, is that of Ares' spirit, or whatever you call what's left of a dead god in Hades. He could be trying to goad Diana into being more active in her "god of war" role, though of course he'd lead Aegeus to eblieve that he really wants Diana replaced.