Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default WE ARE ROBIN #1 Preview/Discussion

Spinning out of the pages of BATMAN! The teenagers of Gotham City have adopted the "R" and made it their own. A new Robin? No, HUNDREDS of new Robins! Don't miss the start of this new series from rising star writer Lee Bermejo (JOKER, SUICIDERS), who also provides the covers!

Full preview here.

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

I found this preview to be far more enjoyable than the text-centric sneak peak previously shown. I think this could be an interesting original DC ongoing similar to Gotham Academy and Gotham By Midnight, but I really wish each issue could be 2.99 instead. Looks like there will be major characters featured during the first story arc too, with BatJim appearing in #3 and Batgirl in #4.

I might buy #4 depending if Batgirl's role is a one-shot deal or if she'll appear in #5 as well. If she also appears in #5, then I'll just wait for the first trade.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

Too bad Lee Bermejo isn't on pencils, I really enjoy his artwork.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Hmmm seems pretty interesting
    I like Duke more under Bermejo's pen I think
    Nice social commentary there with the girl taking a picture of the cop arresting Duke

Not sure what to think of this preview. Really skeptical of this book. I like the art and I like Duke as a character, so I will wait for the reviews and read the first issue. Just don't want another liberal crapfest
    Romans 8:17 Now if we are children, then we are heirs- heirs of God and co heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory

I kinda hated the way the Sneak Peek was structured with all the texting and the non-characters, but this is way better.

I'm really interested in Duke as a character and the art looks pretty good, so I might give this a try after all.

sooo..... i take it that no one here texts anyone? no one here ever was/is on a whatsapp group or chat room?
    I'm convinced that most people, who hate on a comic, never read said comic.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Hmmm seems pretty interesting
    I like Duke more under Bermejo's pen I think
    Nice social commentary there with the girl taking a picture of the cop arresting Duke
    I could be wrong but I bet we find out she took the picture to identify Duke so she can recruit him into Robin.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    I kinda hated the way the Sneak Peek was structured with all the texting and the non-characters, but this is way better.

I'm really interested in Duke as a character and the art looks pretty good, so I might give this a try after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. k0 View Post
    sooo..... i take it that no one here texts anyone? no one here ever was/is on a whatsapp group or chat room?
    I didn't hate it, but it seemed like a gimmick that would get old pretty quick.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I'm giving this one a try at last for a few issues to see how it is. I'm still not sure if this is going to be for me or not.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor13 View Post
    Not sure what to think of this preview. Really skeptical of this book. I like the art and I like Duke as a character, so I will wait for the reviews and read the first issue. Just don't want another liberal crapfest
    What's a liberal crapfest?

Honestly I stopped reading in the middle of the issue. It was boring, didn't hook me at all.

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

I thought this was a pretty good first issue. I liked seeing Leslie Thompkins, I hope she'll be a recurring supporting character.

Duke Thomas seems like an interesting protagonist, but I'm more interested in seeing Riko in action and learning more about her character.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Jack View Post
    I thought this was a pretty good first issue. I liked seeing Leslie Thompkins, I hope she'll be a recurring supporting character.

Duke Thomas seems like an interesting protagonist, but I'm more interested in seeing Riko in action and learning more about her character.
    Picked it up for Duke. Enjoyed it a lot. We got a great feel for his current situation, what drives him and hints that the movement is even larger than we might have realized. Always good to see Leslie. Don't know if this makes sense, but I like seeing her used to expand Batman's world like this as a connector between the old and new concepts.

I liked this issue probably my favorite out of the new launches from DC
    This is what we need to see more of in the Bat line imo
    Duke is pretty interesting he's a stark contrast from all the previous Robins he definitely fits a more contemporary IRL Gotham