Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by blackbolt396 View Post
    What's a liberal crapfest?
    All the black and brown, I imagine.

Always Rakzo

This was better than I expected, Bermejo certainly can bring style to a story no matter if he's not working in the art himself.

All-New Member

Enjoyed this a lot - great set up of Duke as a character. Will be interesting to see the rest get filled in.

Quote Originally Posted by blackbolt396 View Post
    Pushing the progressive agenda in any way, shape, or form by misrepresenting anyone who's ever thought differently as ignorant and despicable
    Romans 8:17 Now if we are children, then we are heirs- heirs of God and co heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    This was better than I expected, Bermejo certainly can bring style to a story no matter if he's not working in the art himself.
    I'm glad to hear the good reviews thus far, and I usually do find myself often enjoying the titles you recommend, Rakzo. Will be checking this out eventually
    Romans 8:17 Now if we are children, then we are heirs- heirs of God and co heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor13 View Post
    I'm glad to hear the good reviews thus far, and I usually do find myself often enjoying the titles you recommend, Rakzo. Will be checking this out eventually
    Happy to help my friend!

Nice first issue. Didn't think Duke would get that much solo time, I assumed he was already going to be part of the team (thought the sneak peek was just focusing on the members we wouldn't have seen already). spoilers:
    Didn't take long for Batman to show up with gear everyone lol.
    end of spoilers

Yeah I can already tell this whole Bat Gordon thing between this issue and Batgirl is gonna turn Gotham into a bad place

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SkyMason21 View Post
    Nice first issue. Didn't think Duke would get that much solo time, I assumed he was already going to be part of the team (thought the sneak peek was just focusing on the members we wouldn't have seen already). spoilers:
    Didn't take long for Batman to show up with gear everyone lol.
    end of spoilers
    I don't know.

spoilers:

If that was Batman wouldn't he have Duke in a foster home with folks he trust? Not bouncing around from foster home and juvie. Heck wouldn't you dump him with Luke Fox? At least with someone who can keep an eye on him knowing he was going to look for his parents?

And how long has past? This boy is jumping around and fighting like someone has been training him. This book smells like we are going to see the past origins of Jason Todd & Tim Drake merge into Duke.
    end of spoilers

I think we did see some of it in this issue and it wasn't expanded on.
    A lot of stuff in this book irked the crap out me. It just felt like a lot of stuff was missing.

I'm sure Bruce would have set Duke up and all the orphans in loving caring homes like he does all the wild youth of Gotham if he didn't "die" in Endgame. So as a consequence of that Duke and a lot of other kids have to go in and out of homes and living on the street.
    Its a shame Leslie Thompkins kinda got played as so irresponsible this issue because dumping teens into group homes like that always works out.

Honestly i thought this was kind of boring. I don't know, i think this one might just not be for me. I really hope the guy at the end isn't who i think it is.'

BTW who i think it is is,
    spoilers:
    Alfred
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I don't know.

spoilers:

If that was Batman wouldn't he have Duke in a foster home with folks he trust? Not bouncing around from foster home and juvie. Heck wouldn't you dump him with Luke Fox? At least with someone who can keep an eye on him knowing he was going to look for his parents?

And how long has past? This boy is jumping around and fighting like someone has been training him. This book smells like we are going to see the past origins of Jason Todd & Tim Drake merge into Duke.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I don't read Batman or Eternal so I not familiar with how Bruce was with Duke, but he's suppose to be dead so doing all of that seems unlikely. It didn't really seem like whoever it is was watching over Duke, and was just monitoring that underground colony and saw them. I think Godlike13's guess of Alfred is way more likely, I assumed it was Bruce because the face looked injured to me.
    end of spoilers

No need to put things in spoiler tags people....

Really enjoyed this....

I know reading about the don-trodden poor and foster kids and monthly checks isnt the most riveting story....but i thought Bermejo made it interesting. And im sure he wont hit us over the head with his "social agenda"

The art was kinetic and detailed, cant wait to see the kids in uniforms! Love ALL ROBINS

I enjoyed this more than I had expected to.

Don't know that I'll be in for the long haul, particularly if it just turns into a team book, but for now, I'm in.
    Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah!

Generic condescending passive aggressive elitist statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor13 View Post
    Pushing the progressive agenda in any way, shape, or form by misrepresenting anyone who's ever thought differently as ignorant and despicable
    So same as a conservative crapfest .