Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I don't see how it could be anyone other than Alfred, granted we didn't see the face but he appeared to be balding, he wore a suit, appeared to be in the Batcave and designed a bunch of Robin costumes which Alfred previously did in the search for Damian.
    My first thought is Alfred, as well.
    "Magneto, you ARE the father!"

Quote Originally Posted by mr. k0 View Post
    sooo..... i take it that no one here texts anyone? no one here ever was/is on a whatsapp group or chat room?
    I have no idea how to text . . . I'm too old for that crap, and texting is evil.

But I did enjoy issue #1 and plan to get issue #2.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I don't see how it could be anyone other than Alfred, granted we didn't see the face but he appeared to be balding, he wore a suit, appeared to be in the Batcave and designed a bunch of Robin costumes which Alfred previously did in the search for Damian.
    Actually, he's wearing a stocking cap in the only panel we see any of his face in, and we see what could be both hands separately (the left most definitely, the right maybe). And we can't tell if its a suit or just a jacket, though he is wearing gloves, and that plus the cap implies he's in a chilly cave. So, either it's a new cave, someone opened up the Batcave after all that, or the artist is being sneaky.

And Alfred would kind of be a let down compared to a former Robin. All of them have access to the same resources needed to do this, and having a connection to the original Robins would make the story more grounded in the mythology. It'd make that "Robins Unite" tease for #2 ring with a bit more clarity.

And Alfred, or any full grown adult, will always have a heavier subtext of "child soldiers for my war" than a younger veteran would.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by Sans Simian View Post
    My first thought is Alfred, as well.
    It would be awfully irresponsible for Alfred to do that...untrained teenagers out in the field? (At least, the other robins were trained by Batman; so they could hold on their own). Unless Alfred happened to train these kids?
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    It would be awfully irresponsible for Alfred to do that...untrained teenagers out in the field? (At least, the other robins were trained by Batman; so they could hold on their own). Unless Alfred happened to train these kids?
    Him and Julia, both being ex-military, would be excellent trainers IMHO. Plus, there's the chance that any of the other Bat family could/will pop up as support. I don't think it's as wild of a speculation as there could be.
    "Magneto, you ARE the father!"

Extraordinary Member

The biggest character issue with Alfred being the supplier is that he's seen three surrogate children die under his watch. Now, they've all come back, but still...

Nest could be an original character, or a retrofitted old one. Batman Jones, maybe?
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    The biggest character issue with Alfred being the supplier is that he's seen three surrogate children die under his watch. Now, they've all come back, but still...

Nest could be an original character, or a retrofitted old one. Batman Jones, maybe?
    Reminds me of Eternal when Alfred's worried about Batman sending Julia into the field, and Bruce responds with, "It's no different than with Dick, or Jason, or Tim, or Damian."

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Thats the thing though. From Als perspective Bruce is dead, Dick is dead, Jason died and came back, Damian died and came back, and even Babs was shot and paralyzed for time. So to see him support untrained minors emulating them in any way is kind of messed up. Especially right now given, for all he knows, the original Batman and Robin both ended up dieing.

That is though if this is actually Al.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 06-28-2015 at 01:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Thats the thing though. From Als perspective Bruce is dead, Dick is dead, Jason died and came back, Damian died and came back, and even Babs was shot and paralyzed for time. So to see him support untrained minors emulating them in any way is kind of messed up. Especially right now given, for all he knows, the original Batman and Robin both ended up dieing.

That is though if this is actually Al.
    Agreed. And now that Bruce is dead (as far he knows), unlikely. Unless they want to say that Bruce's (supposed) death send Alfred a little over the edge. It's possible - in a short span of time, he lost two 'sons' - Bruce and Dick.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

I thought it was going to be about kids acquiring super powers and dressing up like Robin would then proceed to fight crime. I don't usually buy DC.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Honestly I stopped reading in the middle of the issue. It was boring, didn't hook me at all.
    I was just skimming by page seven to get to the end. What a waste of 23 mouse clicks.

Duke may be the biggest "Mary Sue" character of 2015.
    Being a "Person of Interest" doesn't make you an interesting person.

Finally read my copy, it was just good enough to pick up the next issue or two.

The first issue didn't wow me, but I'll stick with it a bit longer.

Quote Originally Posted by hsalf View Post
    Finally read my copy, it was just good enough to pick up the next issue or two.
    I feel the same way above average but not great, has great potential I'm in for a few issues.

BANNED

Lol character Assassination. Not even the same character seriously does DC have to turn every young black male into a frakking stereotype.