Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Default Deathstroke #7 Preview(Guest-starring Hepheastus)

http://nerdist.com/exclusive-dc-comi...269207#gallery

Looks like Deathstroke is taking a job from Hephaestus of the Olympians. I have to say, the new sword looks freaking cool!
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

I'm liking that the DCU is making use of the Olympians outside of WW specific titles. Raising the profile of her cast will hopefully be a good thing.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    I'm liking that the DCU is making use of the Olympians outside of WW specific titles. Raising the profile of her cast will hopefully be a good thing.
    They're not raising anyone's profile other than Deathstroke's if they're going to have a mere mortal kill a god. The fact that Diana and Superman will also be involved in this story is worrisome. Deathstroke's been allowed to humiliate powered heroes in their own books for years. Now that they're coming into HIS own book? I'm not loving Clark's, Diana's, or the Olympian's chances at being made to look halfway decent.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    They're not raising anyone's profile other than Deathstroke's if they're going to have a mere mortal kill a god. The fact that Diana and Superman will also be involved in this story is worrisome. Deathstroke's been allowed to humiliate powered heroes in their own books for years. Now that they're coming into HIS own book? I'm not loving Clark's, Diana's, or the Olympian's chances at being made to look halfway decent.
    I haven't read Deathstroke so I can't speak to that ... All I see here is a WW mainstay being used in a book unrelated to normal fair. I like the implication that Hephaestus is potentially a "go-to" for the whole DCU for the best in magical weapons. I suspect Diana and Clark will be the force that ultimately stops DS from whatever nefarious plot is going on here. And at least they are giving DS a weapon that makes him something of a legitimate threat. At least I hope this is the case!

I haven't read Deathstroke so I can't speak to that ... All I see here is a WW mainstay being used in a book unrelated to normal fair. I like the implication that Hephaestus is potentially a "go-to" for the whole DCU for the best in magical weapons. I suspect Diana and Clark will be the force that ultimately stops DS from whatever nefarious plot is going on here. And at least they are giving DS a weapon that makes him something of a legitimate threat. At least I hope this is the case!
    You don't have to read Deathstroke's book to see him being made to look awesome at a powered hero's expense. Just read Identity Crisis. He makes the entire Justice League look like garbage until they employ the brilliant veteran tactic of "Everybody dogpile him like a bunch of fourth graders on the playground!" That's just the worst of his offenses. Writers have been making a career out of having Deathstroke beat/humiliate vastly more powerful foes for years.

And I very much doubt Diana and Clark will defeat Deathstroke in his own book. Diana showed up in the Secret Six's own book and was made to look like crap. In a villain's book, the villain is under no obligation to lose to a hero.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

You don't have to read Deathstroke's book to see him being made to look awesome at a powered hero's expense. Just read Identity Crisis. He makes the entire Justice League look like garbage until they employ the brilliant veteran tactic of "Everybody dogpile him like a bunch of fourth graders on the playground!" That's just the worst of his offenses. Writers have been making a career out of having Deathstroke beat/humiliate vastly more powerful foes for years.

And I very much doubt Diana and Clark will defeat Deathstroke in his own book. Diana showed up in the Secret Six's own book and was made to look like crap. In a villain's book, the villain is under no obligation to lose to a hero.
    As I said I don't read this so I can't offer an opinion on where it's headed. I can hope you are wrong as that would be another disappointing moment. I'll have to pick up Secret Six to see what you are talking about.

As I said I don't read this so I can't offer an opinion on where it's headed. I can hope you are wrong as that would be another disappointing moment. I'll have to pick up Secret Six to see what you are talking about.
    I hope I'm wrong too. But I doubt it.

Oh, and if you're looking for that Wonder Woman Secret Six appearance? It was in the previous Secret Six run, pre-Flashpoint. Not the current new book.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

I hope I'm wrong too. But I doubt it.

Oh, and if you're looking for that Wonder Woman Secret Six appearance? It was in the previous Secret Six run, pre-Flashpoint. Not the current new book.
    I was just browsing the digital store ... Thanks for the heads up!

As far as Identity Crisis? Here you go.

https://comicnewbies.files.wordpress...he-flash-2.jpg

https://precinct1313.files.wordpress.../identity5.jpg

https://comicnewbies.files.wordpress...ack-canary.jpg

https://comicnewbies.files.wordpress...k-canary-2.jpg

https://comicnewbies.files.wordpress...yle-rayner.jpg

And then, the epic, brilliant takedown that only a veteran team of heroes like the League (or any fourth grader) could possibly know!

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...7715-27246.jpg

"The League teaches you to fight.......like a school kid."

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Great issue. The art was outstanding and Daniel draws a great Wonder Woman. She's in her old getup so I guess this takes place before the current WW issue.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

BANNED

I enjoyed it, I'll check out the rest of the "godkiller" arc.