Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Dc new multiverse ?

Ok I think I asked about earth-2 and I thought I ask about all the universes.

1,) like I asked before is earth-2 a reboot of the first earth two or the second one ? Ok is the earth-2 jay a reboot of golden age jay, the second jay that was created after infinite crisis or a new 3therd jay ?

2,) what about the mainstream dc universe. Dc database says it a fusion of new earth, the vertigo univers and the earth 50 ?

3,) let's see oh and how mean new universes are there ?

BANNED

1. When DC does these things, there is not a specific "transformation" of one character to another. It's easier to think of it this way - whenever the universe reboots, it tends to form certain patterns. One of those is to create an Earth where Jay Garrick is the Flash and Alan Scott is Green Lantern, etc., although many of the other details may change. So in other words, no previous Jay Garrick was "transformed" into the current one, but rather a new one was formed with the new universe.

2. The basis of the current universe was not defined in detail either, there are only fan theories. I have two general theories. One is that, in the previous pre-Flashpoint universe, there were three universes - "Main" DC, Vertigo, and Wildstorm. Then when Infinite Crisis happened, it split the "Main" DC into 52, with one of the 52 just happening to look like the Wildstorm but separate. Then at the end of Flashpoint, Flash and Pandora combined the 52-universe "main", the Vertigo, and the Wildstorm into a single universe that also split into 52 at some point in the past. The other theory is that there were 52 universes before that were known, but the "New Earth" main Earth had actually also been split off into 3 universe, but we'd never seen the other two. Then Flash and Pandora "fixed" that universe and made it back into one universe, but it still had a ripple effect on the other 51, changing them as well. At the end of the day, though, I don't believe the Wildstorm universe that Pandora referenced was the same Wildstorm universe shown as being Earth 50.

3. There are 52 universes in the "local" multiverse and possibly an infinite number of others further away.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

It's infinite Jays all the way down.

But, honestly, it's whatever the story in your hands says, even if that contradicts another comic in your stack.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

BANNED

There only 52 universes Multiverse wise, but theres infinite Earth 0s timeline wise.

Thats why Oracle the God was being destroyed. And the hyper-time waves from Telos planet caused Earth 0 to have now many versions.

I think Glenn nailed most of the answers. About question 2 a little add: the combination of the Wildstorm and Vertigo characters with the main DC universe was mostly a metatextual declaration under the fact than in the new administration characters from Vertigo and Wildstorm were under others editors, vetoed to use for the main DC titles group. Starting with the new52, such character are again under the DC main editors control and Vertigo became an imprint with self-contained titles.

And hey, I'm all the way to an infinite multiverse, but first reveal the 7 unknowns and use them more than just for cannon fodder.

By the way, we really need a Multiverse FAQ page in this forum.
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 06-24-2015 at 11:45 AM.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

BANNED

Convergence does state Earth 2 Jay is Nu52 jay in the art. And by deimos.

They're fading into newer versions and the dialogue is stating that.

So, you are reading reborn versions.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gwenFan View Post
    Convergence does state Earth 2 Jay is Nu52 jay in the art. And by deimos.

They're fading into newer versions and the dialogue is stating that.

So, you are reading reborn versions.
    Actually, it says the Earths themselves are evolving, not necessarily the people on them. So a given Earth 2 with a given Jay can evolve into another Earth 2 with a different Jay, without the two Jays being directly connected.

I think they are 52 universes in a pack of 52 with each universe has its own live action version so... 52 x 52 x 52 = 140608 universes (or maybe theres more then that?)

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    I think they are 52 universes in a pack of 52 with each universe has its own live action version so... 52 x 52 x 52 = 140608 universes (or maybe theres more then that?)
    140608 universes is a good big number.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

BANNED

I see well I guess that helps.

BANNED

Ok if new 52 jay is a new character and not a reboot of the original then what happened to the original jay then ? Heck what happened to all the golden age heroes ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kid_omega_prime View Post
    Ok if new 52 jay is a new character and not a reboot of the original then what happened to the original jay then ? Heck what happened to all the golden age heroes ?
    They died when their universes were destroyed at the end of Crisis on Infinite Earths.

BANNED

I ment what happened to then after the univers became the new 52 not C,O,I,E's ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kid_omega_prime View Post
    I ment what happened to then after the univers became the new 52 not C,O,I,E's ?
    They disappeared when Flashpoint reconfigured the universe such that they never existed.

("died" may be the wrong term for having your existence retroactively nullified).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    They disappeared when Flashpoint reconfigured the universe such that they never existed.

("died" may be the wrong term for having your existence retroactively nullified).

Oh well I thought maybe that golden age jay and the others were rebooted and transferred to the new earth-2. Like in c,o,i,e's when earth one, two, four and earth-s came to become new earth then the heroes were rebooted. Well most anyway