Quote Originally Posted by kid_omega_prime View Post
Oh well I thought maybe that golden age jay and the others were rebooted and transferred to the new earth-2. Like in c,o,i,e's when earth one, two, four and earth-s came to become new earth then the heroes were rebooted. Well most anyway
It's all a matter of perspective. There are two schools of thought. One is the individuals who lived on Earths 1, 2, etc. were transformed into the versions that lived on the post-Crisis Earth. The other theory is that those individuals simply ceased to exist and then new individuals who happen to be similar to them exist in the new universe.

I personally am more comfortable with the second theory. It's not like the pre-Crisis Superman and the post-Crisis Superman just had a few changes to his timeline. The very nature of the planet they come from changed, and the physics of how his powers work changed, not to mention the period of time he inhabited (allowing for the sliding timeline to somewhat reset when these events happen). That's not just the same person with a few changes - that's a completely different person.

The second theory also seems to make more sense considering how different the pre- and post-Flashpoint versions of Jay Garrick, Alan Scott, etc. are.

It's kinda like if my house burned down and I bought a new house with new furniture. The new stuff might look kinda like the old, but it's not like it's the same stuff.