Page 60 of 62 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    So what's the over/under on Julian appearing in the Holiday Special?

I'd like to think Gabby's Secret Santa story is her playing matchmaker to get him and Laura back together.
    More likely then outing her as bi and giving her a stable relationship with mercury, magic, pixie, jubliee, or megan. But less likely then revisiting the hell mark, hooded women, or uni power.

Ideally it would be an arc in the X-23 book, but this would be about as much as I think we can hope for.
    After they put the All-New Wolverine Annual in a Spider-Gwen trade, I don't have much hope of that sort of thing. (Would still love to know how that came about, so I'd know who deserves to hang by their thumbs for it.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Incredible Member

Why can't they just fix his hands?

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    Because then the character would lose an interesting feature?
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    Just feels ableist to get rid of a physical disability for aesthetic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Is he really considered disabled, though? He pretty much unconsciously uses his telekinesis for the same effect, yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Is he really considered disabled, though? He pretty much unconsciously uses his telekinesis for the same effect, yeah?
    Are Daredevil and Toph Beifong really considered blind even though they use radar sense for the same effect?

Incredible Member

Not really a disability since he actually has bionic hands that he controls telekinetically to look "cool".

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Psychologically the disability runs deeper than just being able to pick things up.

He will never be able to feel the warmth of holding someones hand, enjoy the sense of running his hands through a a lovers hair, or enjoy any other pleasure that non-disabled people enjoy.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

BANNED

The problem we've discussed before is that Marvel hasn't really done anything (positive, at least) with it in the first place. The most we've really gotten out of it was some cheap angst to toss on top of the rest of the rest of the dog-kicking Julian went through after Second Coming.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Psychologically the disability runs deeper than just being able to pick things up.

He will never be able to feel the warmth of holding someones hand, enjoy the sense of running his hands through a a lovers hair, or enjoy any other pleasure that non-disabled people enjoy.
    You could make the argument he could get those same sensations through his TK. I would assume there's SOME sort of tactile feedback when he's manipulating something with his powers...

And I just realized this discussion could get VERY blue in a hurry.

You could make the argument he could get those same sensations through his TK. I would assume there's SOME sort of tactile feedback when he's manipulating something with his powers...

I don't think you would/should get the same sensations through TK as actual touch though. For example if Hellion used his TK to move a a Swiss Cheese with his mind, Hellion would be able to know/feel that he has it but could he tell a person how many holes was in the cheese without looking at it? Could he describe the texture of the cheese?

I don't think he or any other telekinetic could. It's that type of stuff where he is truly disabled .
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Moving on then...
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I don't think you would/should get the same sensations through TK as actual touch though. For example if Hellion used his TK to move a a Swiss Cheese with his mind, Hellion would be able to know/feel that he has it but could he tell a person how many holes was in the cheese without looking at it? Could he describe the texture of the cheese?

I don't think he or any other telekinetic could. It's that type of stuff where he is truly disabled .
    Based on what? You're making assumptions on something that has never been explored on-panel.

Based on what? You're making assumptions on something that has never been explored on-panel.
    To me it wouldn't make sense for TK to be a full replacement for the sense of touch.

But on that same note as far as I know there is nothing saying that it can so... we're in the same boat aren't we?