Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

I really wish the WatXM writers would veer away from the generic brat characterization and give Julian back some of his righteous anger. One of the things that makes the NXM cast so interesting to me is that they've (arguably, of course) been the generation of young mutants worst served by the senior X-Men, and Julian makes a really good voice of dissent when it comes to that POV.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I really wish the WatXM writers would veer away from the generic brat characterization and give Julian back some of his righteous anger. One of the things that makes the NXM cast so interesting to me is that they've (arguably, of course) been the generation of young mutants worst served by the senior X-Men, and Julian makes a really good voice of dissent when it comes to that POV.
    Agreed, BUT I am loving Wood's use of them. Hopefully we'll get more Julian, Anole and Rockslide in WatXM soon

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    In comics...ships never completely sail away/or sink....
    This is true. Even though couples like Jean/Scott and Kitty/Piotr have been pretty broken up (thankfully) there's not doubt that they'll be together at some point in some incarnation.
    Of course the problem with Laura/Julian is that they're characters who may not be always featured in books but the chances of them getting together at some point are pretty good.

Also, I gotta congratulate you for the choice of music for this thread. If Hellion ever appeared in movies that should be his theme

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Yeah, Hellion's anger wasn't completely unjustified and idea of one of the students being angry at senior X-Men for failing them could have great story telling potential if it's handled well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    Um...Hellion is not Asian. I guess he sometimes looks that way because his hair is black or whatever, but the Hellions miniseries shows us that Julian Keller is a rich white kid from California.
    Ignore him. It's a long running delusion of his to claim that Hellion is Asian even though Weir and DeFilippis have actually come on to the old CBR forums and told him to knock it off

This just makes me smile because it looks like he's wearing nothin' at all

Quote Originally Posted by Tomppa View Post
    Also, I gotta congratulate you for the choice of music for this thread. If Hellion ever appeared in movies that should be his theme
    One of the X-artist needs to draw Julian in a Judas Priest T-Shirt

Let's go see if we can go con Anka over on Tumbler to do it!
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

In which Hellion speaks for the Fandom
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

BANNED

RoFL, My Little Brony. Now I want to find a place to work that line in on New Class.

One of the X-artist needs to draw Julian in a Judas Priest T-Shirt

Let's go see if we can go con Anka over on Tumbler to do it!
    Great idea!

In which Hellion speaks for the Fandom
    Holy expletive! Where's that from? I assume that's Hellion telling it to QQ like it is?

Is Hellion part of the watxm series?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomppa View Post
    Holy expletive! Where's that from? I assume that's Hellion telling it to QQ like it is?
    Its from WATXM Vol II issue 1

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Is Hellion part of the watxm series?
    He seems as of right now to be a reoccurring character

Spectacular Member

I really don't want to pick this series up but might if Hellion is one of the focus characters. Would also prefer ongoing interactions between him, Broo, Rockslide, and Anole. Throw in Pixie and I'd buy that book.

BANNED

Why is there a hellion appreciation thread. I thought the new community forum was anti-bullying.

Quote Originally Posted by madrox83 View Post
    I really don't want to pick this series up but might if Hellion is one of the focus characters. Would also prefer ongoing interactions between him, Broo, Rockslide, and Anole. Throw in Pixie and I'd buy that book.
    Your mean "BROMO-SUPERIOR"? Fo sho

Pixie is too main stream for Jules now...though I can't help but feel she REALLY likes Hellion's short shorts

Quote Originally Posted by IdaqiBeauty View Post
    Why is there a hellion appreciation thread. I thought the new community forum was anti-bullying.
    Hellion just tells it how it is

Quote Originally Posted by IdaqiBeauty View Post
    Eh, Hellion can be a jerk, but he's never been a complete @sshole iirc. I seem him similar to Emma in some regards, tough words and cynical but with mostly good intentions. It helps that I have little to no sympathy for QQ.