Page 21 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    I feel with BEast being traded to the Inhumans....

is no hands actually Hellion?
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Hello, just recently joined this forum and I am glad that there are Hellion fans out there (I thought I was alone *sob*). I'm just getting back into comics after a long break (I stopped buying comics shortly after AvX with the exception of Hawkeye and Fables tpbs). I actually decided to get back into comics after finding out that Chris Yost got back into writing an X-book (I was a year late). I'm surprised that Hellion appeared in so many titles, which is great because that means he's not forgotten yet even though they seem to forget his previous character development (basically the entire New X-Men/Legacy run). Now he's back to his pre-Childhood's End personality but, I guess, that's better than Aaron's depiction of him in WatX as the typical bully (it made me drop the book). Sadly, I think the romance between him and Laura officially sank beneath the ocean. Laura doesn't even seem to remember him and all of her friends in New X-men anymore (as if it's only a bad dream). It is now being portrayed as a one sided, obsessive crush of a troubled teen boy over a hot girl (at least from the way I saw it). But, I made that rant years ago (T_T). Glad to know that I have some like minded people in the internet though!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KolyFrog View Post
    Hello, just recently joined this forum and I am glad that there are Hellion fans out there (I thought I was alone *sob*). I'm just getting back into comics after a long break (I stopped buying comics shortly after AvX with the exception of Hawkeye and Fables tpbs). I actually decided to get back into comics after finding out that Chris Yost got back into writing an X-book (I was a year late). I'm surprised that Hellion appeared in so many titles, which is great because that means he's not forgotten yet even though they seem to forget his previous character development (basically the entire New X-Men/Legacy run). Now he's back to his pre-Childhood's End personality but, I guess, that's better than Aaron's depiction of him in WatX as the typical bully (it made me drop the book). Sadly, I think the romance between him and Laura officially sank beneath the ocean. Laura doesn't even seem to remember him and all of her friends in New X-men anymore (as if it's only a bad dream). It is now being portrayed as a one sided, obsessive crush of a troubled teen boy over a hot girl (at least from the way I saw it). But, I made that rant years ago (T_T). Glad to know that I have some like minded people in the internet though!
    What kills me about the whole post-Karima period was Cyclops decides he's not being "remorseful" enough. For what? Protecting his friends when he was the only person in the position to do so? For doing WHAT KARIMA HERSELF ASKED HIM TO? And where do Wolverine and Gambit get off treating him like a monster? They're frankly LUCKY he just reverted into an angry douche and didn't go full-on supervillain with the way they treated him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    What kills me about the whole post-Karima period was Cyclops decides he's not being "remorseful" enough. For what? Protecting his friends when he was the only person in the position to do so? For doing WHAT KARIMA HERSELF ASKED HIM TO? And where do Wolverine and Gambit get off treating him like a monster? They're frankly LUCKY he just reverted into an angry douche and didn't go full-on supervillain with the way they treated him.
    Yeah that was my real big beef with the writing at the time (and guess what it was Liu who wrote them both). Both of them have the gall to call Julian a bomb, how many times have the two of them killed people?
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Yeah that was my real big beef with the writing at the time (and guess what it was Liu who wrote them both). Both of them have the gall to call Julian a bomb, how many times have the two of them killed people?

Liu really did a number on the character during that one arc. Julian really did a 180 degree turn on his character once his hands got blown off and the older X-men started treating him like, "So what you got your hands blown off fighting for mutant kind? Don't be so pissy all the time, grow up!" Though, during his appearances in Legacy, I remained hopeful that Carey has bigger plans for Hellion and the entire Fables of the Reconstruction and Collision (the one about Indra) is a build up for something awesome. Him being labeled as a monster and the growth of his powers will be addressed in a big event. But, alas, nothing came out of it and Hellion is now reverted to his pre-Childhood's End character. However, I strongly believe that, due to his recent appearances, Hellion has a high chance of surviving post-SW.

Well Wolverine became an even bigger hypocrite after that it's kind of funny they were trying to destroy Hellion through all that and make him the fall guy but really he came out of that a lot better than most people who were being critical of him. I don't know what Liu's problem with him was and why she had Laura turn on him when really she should have understood doing what it takes to defend his friends something she had done many times killing tons of people who would have killed people she cared about.

Quote Originally Posted by Moondoggie View Post
    Well Wolverine became an even bigger hypocrite after that it's kind of funny they were trying to destroy Hellion through all that and make him the fall guy but really he came out of that a lot better than most people who were being critical of him. I don't know what Liu's problem with him was and why she had Laura turn on him when really she should have understood doing what it takes to defend his friends something she had done many times killing tons of people who would have killed people she cared about.
    Well Laura may have understood but Lui regressed her in social skills quite a bit at the beginning of that arc too. Just showed at Hellion's dormroom, then left before she could verbalise what she was doing there.

BANNED

Liu really did a number on the character during that one arc. Julian really did a 180 degree turn on his character once his hands got blown off and the older X-men started treating him like, "So what you got your hands blown off fighting for mutant kind? Don't be so pissy all the time, grow up!" Though, during his appearances in Legacy, I remained hopeful that Carey has bigger plans for Hellion and the entire Fables of the Reconstruction and Collision (the one about Indra) is a build up for something awesome. Him being labeled as a monster and the growth of his powers will be addressed in a big event. But, alas, nothing came out of it and Hellion is now reverted to his pre-Childhood's End character. However, I strongly believe that, due to his recent appearances, Hellion has a high chance of surviving post-SW.
    Hellion's probably in a middle ground between where he was during Childhood's End and where he was prior to that. He's not in turbo douche mode anymore, but he hasn't recovered all his character development yet.

Well Laura may have understood but Lui regressed her in social skills quite a bit at the beginning of that arc too. Just showed at Hellion's dormroom, then left before she could verbalise what she was doing there.
    What really killed me was that it was clear Julian was stressed the hell out and desperate for SOMEONE to just TALK to him about what he's going through. I mean seriously, cops who have to pull the trigger receive mandatory counseling, and THAT'S what he should have received, not been locked in his room. He was reaching out to her because Laura would have understood better than most anyone, AND ought to have been a sympathetic ear.

That whole arc just made Laura look bad. It really says a lot when even readers who don't like Hellion at all agree he got thrown under the bus.

Hello, just recently joined this forum and I am glad that there are Hellion fans out there (I thought I was alone *sob*).
    You are not alone, brother! In-fact, to fill you with cheer, here is the results of CBR's epic "Favourite X-kid Showdown" poll. Hellion stopped his competition in the first round, and for the final count against the other winners... *drum roll* HE WINS!!! (20% vote him their favourite) At-least here on CBR, Hellion is officially the most popular X-kid around.

http://community.comicbookresources....HOWDOWN-Finale
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Quote Originally Posted by Moondoggie View Post
    Because he ruined her X-23/Juiblee yuri fanfiction HC.

That whole arc just made Laura look bad. It really says a lot when even readers who don't like Hellion at all agree he got thrown under the bus.
    The thing that gets me of the 7 issues of X-23 he was in 5 of them he was written fine. It was in 19 & and 20 that she threw him under the bus. And Laura looked frosty as hell in 17-19. Like how do you go from making a pact with a demon to save the kids soul, and then lying to his face and confiding in Gambit of all people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    You are not alone, brother! In-fact, to fill you with cheer, here is the results of CBR's epic "Favourite X-kid Showdown" poll. Hellion stopped his competition in the first round, and for the final count against the other winners... *drum roll* HE WINS!!! (20% vote him their favourite) At-least here on CBR, Hellion is officially the most popular X-kid around.
    Wow he defeated Laura by 2% (now by 4%). I never thought Hellion would be more popular than Marvel's rising star (at least in CBR). Even Pixie was no match with only half the amount that Hellion has. I actually thought Pixie has more fans than Hellion. I may have underestimated the popularity of my favorite X-Men. This made my day, thank you very much!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Because he ruined her X-23/Juiblee yuri fanfiction HC.

The thing that gets me of the 7 issues of X-23 he was in 5 of them he was written fine. It was in 19 & and 20 that she threw him under the bus. And Laura looked frosty as hell in 17-19. Like how do you go from making a pact with a demon to save the kids soul, and then lying to his face and confiding in Gambit of all people.
    Yeah, that's what really hurt about it. Liu was spot on with Hellion during the Killing Dream.

Yeah, that's what really hurt about it. Liu was spot on with Hellion during the Killing Dream.
    IKR

Hell she didn't even write him that bad in the last arc ether....

In the end she wanted Jubilee and Gambit to be Laura's supportsystem, rather then Hellion and Mercury.

In the end she wanted Jubilee and Gambit to be Laura's supportsystem, rather then Hellion and Mercury.
    excatly.

again Hellion ruined her Fanfic HCs