Page 4 of 62 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I'll gladly take a mini-series.
    I love their outfits

Jules rocking the solo shoulder-pad is hilarious
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

So on this day the 21st of May (and oddly enough 4 months till my 25th B-Day) Julian showed up in 3 X-Books today!

A cameo in Uncanny

Psylocke messing seductively/teaching him in the Eisner worthy "Bromo-Superior"

And a total throw down, that oddly enough it looks like he's winning, with Rockslide. Julian seems torn but he feels he has to do something about Evan.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

when things were going for hellion we have watx, Hellion made it to this issue of watx just to be the traitor to his friends, didn't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by keeper444 View Post
    when things were going for hellion we have watx, Hellion made it to this issue of watx just to be the traitor to his friends, didn't like it.
    A little 50/50 for me

Julian's conflicted...but he feels like he has to do something...plus its nice to see him do something

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    Um...Hellion is not Asian. I guess he sometimes looks that way because his hair is black or whatever, but the Hellions miniseries shows us that Julian Keller is a rich white kid from California.

But yes, I agree, Marvel is great at representing diversity throughout its titles. The current Ms. Marvel series is my favorite example of that right now.
    kenji uedo have always believe that hellion is asian for some reason

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mercuryfan View Post
    kenji uedo have always believe that hellion is asian for some reason
    Art style can have a LOT to do with it. There's times where Surge and Jubilee don't look Asian, while in Innocence Lost the artist drew Sarah and ESPECIALLY Laura in a way that they seemed to have Asian features.

I give you Psylocke playing Jules like a fiddle

Psylocke wants it.

Quote Originally Posted by keeper444 View Post
    He and the bamfs may just by psychically manipulated.

I miss when Julian was actually a character that mattered. Now he's just a temporary plot device and mainly relegated to a background character. I wish the current X-writers had the balls to tell stories with more than just the same 5 or so characters and actually tried to expand the character development of these once awesome mutants like Julian and the other New X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post

I give you Psylocke playing Jules like a fiddle
    Cool, where is this from?

Quote Originally Posted by brandnewfan View Post
    I miss when Julian was actually a character that mattered. Now he's just a temporary plot device and mainly relegated to a background character. I wish the current X-writers had the balls to tell stories with more than just the same 5 or so characters and actually tried to expand the character development of these once awesome mutants like Julian and the other New X-Men.
    Writers want to write their favorite existing characters and/or their new characters...plain and simple

And for all intense purpose Julian is still a "new" character in the greater X-Verse (been around for a decade now), and if you look at the current X-Writers...only Wood and Kyost have actively written the NXM.

Now while I'm enjoying the fact that Latour is actively using Julian, at least in this arc mind you, I can't really say how he feels of the greater NXM. I know I think he said in a previous interview that Quire, Idie, and Evan would get the majority of the spot light with some new characters introduced along the way (Nature Girl) but other than Armor being a TA/Grad Student I don't really recall him mentioning any of other pre existing NXM getting the focus. But I'm really curious to see what he does to resolve the Jules/Santo brawl. I tweeted the following and he Favorited it:

@jasonlatour Picked up WATXM #4 today, loved the Hellion/Rockslide rumble! Are they gunna hug it or is Jules going Askani Zelot on us now?
    After re-reading issue one of Volume II...i'm starting to wonder if Hellion wants to be the Phoenix.

THAT being said I like a lot of us would love to see the NXM back in a book. Hell I know some of us have joked about maybe the chance of Wood writing a Jubilee and the New X-Men type book. And let me say I would totally be behind it because he's probably written consistently the best Hellion in the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    Cool, where is this from?
    Part II of "Bromo-Superior" which is the current back up feature in "X-Men"

I love art errors!

i miss the friendship between cessily and jullian

Quote Originally Posted by mercuryfan View Post
    i miss the friendship between cessily and jullian
    We all do

Also Julian it seems thinks that Firestar is hot

A subconscious attempt to get back at Emma?

Also apparently he's re-christened himself Mr. Awesome