Page 51 of 62 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
    The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Not to mention way more coordination than we've seen between X-Books since the Jemas era.
    Not to mention the current Marvel can't even co-ordinate a wedding.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    spoilers:
    Hellion made a cameo in today's All-New Wolverine, as one of the casualties in the final war against the villains. Which also makes this the FOURTH TIME this year that Laura and Julian shared panel time and didn't say a single word to one another. Really getting tired of that particular running joke. :-P

Also, apparently in this reality Julian and Laura reconciled and get together for some time before his death. So yeah, more knife-twisting.
    end of spoilers
    But is he actually dead?

Remember Julian is immortal

Just watch and we find out that Doom is actually Jules in disguise lol
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    But is he actually dead?

Remember Julian is immortal

Just watch and we find out that Doom is actually Jules in disguise lol
    spoilers:
    I'd get a kick out of it if the last page of issue 35 is Laura waking up from a dream to find Hellion in the shower a'la Patrick Duffy. Or at the very least, the very last panel is present-day Laura picking up a phone:

"Julian? It's Laura."
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I'd get a kick out of it if the last page of issue 35 is Laura waking up from a dream to find Hellion in the shower a'la Patrick Duffy. Or at the very least, the very last panel is present-day Laura picking up a phone:

"Julian? It's Laura."
    end of spoilers
    Knowing how of little interest Marvel thinks of their relationship and Tom Taylor's run which fell apart thanks to a lack of foresight I doubt this will happen. Sorry to be pessimistic but after the loss of Spider-Man's marriage and how Marvel dismantled all their marriages for who knows what reason I really see little point in this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Knowing how of little interest Marvel thinks of their relationship and Tom Taylor's run which fell apart thanks to a lack of foresight I doubt this will happen. Sorry to be pessimistic but after the loss of Spider-Man's marriage and how Marvel dismantled all their marriages for who knows what reason I really see little point in this.
    FWIW I made the same comment on Taylor's Twitter, which got a "Like."

Part of the problem is Editorial lives under the delusion that happy couples can't be interesting or entertaining.

I think we were robbed of the hilarity that could/would have been a 60 year old trophy husband/king Julian.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

FWIW I made the same comment on Taylor's Twitter, which got a "Like."

Part of the problem is Editorial lives under the delusion that happy couples can't be interesting or entertaining.
    You don't say I supposed it might be a sign that Tom Taylor may or may not have wanted to write Julian and Laura's reunion but through reasons unknown just couldn't do it. Then i supposed it's a good thing that Laura and Julain aren't the couple Marvel wants to marry to compete with Batman and Catwoman's own nuptials. Because then they'd be the ones under the chopping block and I doubt Kitty and Colossus will last long thanks to Guggenheim's bad writing.

Well if your gunna "die" might as well "die" in the arms of the woman you love.

Well if your gunna "die" might as well "die" in the arms of the woman you love.

Sure why not too bad we didn't get to have journey to the reunion.

BANNED

AUs don't count. ;-P

*Just Died In Your Arms Tonight Intensifies*

I cope with memes

AUs don't count. ;-P
    True but this reads like the Book of Oa prophecies, which never came true.

Memes are valid coping mechanisms

anw1.jpg

So who's up for some rampant/pointless speculation?

The way Laura pauses to change what she was going to say kinda jumps out at me. Naturally we can assume that a decent amount of time since the war so I would imagine that Laura has had a good amount of time to grieve let alone move on. But the way she doesn't say he died makes this feel kinda off. I'm not saying Julian's coming back or anything, but there feels like there could be more to what happened to him. Like I feel Laura would have just flat out said he died if he was dead.

BANNED

anw1.jpg

So who's up for some rampant/pointless speculation?

The way Laura pauses to change what she was going to say kinda jumps out at me. Naturally we can assume that a decent amount of time since the war so I would imagine that Laura has had a good amount of time to grieve let alone move on. But the way she doesn't say he died makes this feel kinda off. I'm not saying Julian's coming back or anything, but there feels like there could be more to what happened to him. Like I feel Laura would have just flat out said he died if he was dead.
    Or it could be as simple as she's been carrying a torch all those years and it's too hard for her to say. That does happen with couples IRL when one partner dies. Sometimes the survivor never gets over them, and is honestly unable to talk about the loss.