Page 6 of 62 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    He was angsty pretty hard and he wasn't doing himself any favors....he was lashing out at everyone.
    He was a teenager with some pretty severe pre-existing PTSD issues dealing with having just become a double-amputee. That's why I get so down on the senior team for how they treated him during that whole time: they're acting like he's just being a psycho brat.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    He was a teenager with some pretty severe pre-existing PTSD issues dealing with having just become a double-amputee. That's why I get so down on the senior team for how they treated him during that whole time: they're acting like he's just being a psycho brat.

Really? how could you?

When have the Main X-men ever treated X-kids with respect?

look the New Mutants during X-cutioners song for one for example. An X-kid with the temerity to kill an X-men for any reason what so ever?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by the big g View Post
    julian's always had his classmates backs

back in the day he and the hellions busted wither out of fbi custody....teachers...well as of right now other than psylocke...he probably doesn't care that much.

The anime fan in me wants psylcoke to train julian to be a psychic ninja like her
    OMG! YES! That needs to happen and Surge and Hellion need to find a way to combine their powers to shoot railguns as well
    Last edited by Rochedalaix; 08-06-2014 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I agree. He was in a bad place physically, psychologically, and mentally. Did the X-men drop the ball with how they handled/treated him? You bet your ass they did! Could his buddies have supported him more? Yes, but this was something Julian had to face himself.
    Last edited by The Big G; 08-06-2014 at 07:15 PM.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

BANNED

I agree. He was in a bad place physically, psychologically, and mentally. Did the X-men drop the ball with how they handled/treated him? You bet your ass they did? Could his buddies have supported him more? Yes, but this was something Julian had to face himself.
    This is a big reason why I hated how Laura treated him during the Babysitting Arc in her solo. I got the impression he was trying to reach out to her for help, but she kept pushing him away. If ANYONE understood what Julian was dealing with at the time (they physical pain, being judged and wrongfully treated like a monster for past actions, etc.) and would have stood up for and supported him, it would have been Laura. That arc pretty much dumped most of her development from the series overboard.

Liu, of course, was making Julian an uberdick throughout it (especially ridiculous because Julian was one of the only X-teens standing up for and supporting Laura after X-Force), but I honestly found HIM more sympathetic in that storyline than I did any of the other characters.

Wolverine was a dick. Gambit may have been an even BIGGER hypocrite than Logan (if that's even possible!) and Laura was uncharacteristically cold.

Well lets list the bad things:
    Parents moving and not telling him where,
    being told to go away by Emma,
    being told your not good enough by Magneto,
    getting punched by Emma during Dark Reign,
    A sentinel lands on him taking away his hands,
    being punsih by Cyclops for saving Hope by taking out Omega Sentinel,
    being threaten by Rogue for same thing, ignored by classmates,
    being called a monster by Blindfold,
    being rejected by Laura,

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    This is a big reason why I hated how Laura treated him during the Babysitting Arc in her solo. I got the impression he was trying to reach out to her for help, but she kept pushing him away. If ANYONE understood what Julian was dealing with at the time (they physical pain, being judged and wrongfully treated like a monster for past actions, etc.) and would have stood up for and supported him, it would have been Laura. That arc pretty much dumped most of her development from the series overboard.

Liu, of course, was making Julian an uberdick throughout it (especially ridiculous because Julian was one of the only X-teens standing up for and supporting Laura after X-Force), but I honestly found HIM more sympathetic in that storyline than I did any of the other characters.

Wolverine was a dick. Gambit may have been an even BIGGER hypocrite than Logan (if that's even possible!) and Laura was uncharacteristically cold.
    I know! Liu's ran had been pretty decent to that point, hell she wrote Julian pretty decently in the opening arc...but then it was like BOOM! She did not do a very good job of going from A to B.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    being rejected by Laura,
    let us not forget:
    -Sofia leaving
    -Tag and the de-powered students getting blown up
    -getting kidnapped by the Sapien League and getting injected with the Legacy Virus
    -Getting his ear drums ruptured by She-Hulk in AVX (which happened to him when the NXM fought the Hulk in WWH: X-Men which also happened to be written by Gage)

honestly we're lucky he didn't develop a drug/alcohol addiction
    Last edited by The Big G; 08-06-2014 at 07:23 PM.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Model Posing Julian is back!!! I assume his statement was egotistically ironic

Say what you will about Wood's run with X-Men but he's written Jules the best in about 3 years
    I've loved Wood's run, and am sooooooo sad Wood and Mann aren't going to do an X-kids book, because they made an epic team! I'd say Wood has written the second best Julian, period (second only to Kyle&Yost, of course)

The anime fan in me wants Psylcoke to train julian to be a psychic ninja like her
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochedalaix View Post
    OMG! YES! That needs to happen and Surge and Hellion need to find a way to combine their powers to shoot railguns as well
    I just brain-gasmed all over CBR reading this!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    being rejected by Laura,
    let us not forget:
    -Sofia leaving
    -Tag and the de-powered students getting blown up
    -getting kidnapped by the Sapien League and getting injected with the Legacy Virus
    -Getting his ear drums ruptured by She-Hulk in AVX (which happened to him when the NXM fought the Hulk in WWH: X-Men which also happened to be written by Gage)
    I think you both just nailed why I love Hellion so much. Often you hear people think he one day might become Magneto-esq, but I disagree. What makes him amazing is (despite his privileged upbringing) he's taken A LOT of sh*t, he's suffered more than most X-kids; when his pre-mutant life-style gave him no ability to survive any form of hardship. He has more reason than most to be self-hating or even a villain, and yet he still is out there risking his life as a hero should. Oh Julian, I wuv you a lot a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    I just brain-gasmed all over CBR reading this!!!
    #NinjaHellion42015

White Boy Problems: When the girl you like's BFF starts checking you out

BANNED

White Boy Problems: When the girl you like's BFF starts checking you out
    Which is weird considering Jubilee pretty clearly didn't like Julian in the X-23 solo. And not in the "Slap-Slap-Kiss" sort of way, but the, "Leave her alone or you'll be winding up a couple pints of blood low," sort.

Which is weird considering Jubilee pretty clearly didn't like Julian in the X-23 solo. And not in the "Slap-Slap-Kiss" sort of way, but the, "Leave her alone or you'll be winding up a couple pints of blood low," sort.
    I consider the last two issue of liu's run as non-canon

Because Jubes and Jules seems kinda buddy buddy in Woods' run

Power of the retcon! And thank god because Julian's personality transplant under Liu was not needed. He's better being the overconfident jock than a weird emo stalker. Let's just hope it doesn't turn into a terrifying love triangle where Laura is like "Hey yeah i pushed you away because i was confused...I think i like Jubilee" okay i'm pretty sure it won't happen like that but it would be hilarious just to have the reactions of Julian and Jubes XD.

If Jubilee wants to eat him, doesn't that mean she likes him? yeah its the way a human likes a stake but she does like him.

LOVE this image; Hellion looks awesome as a samurai; he should go back in time with Jubs and fight Silver Samurai

a) Hellion should never wear anything but hot pants
    b) Quentin feels inferior next to the epic bulge of Hellion #canon