Page 1 of 62 123451151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 926
  1. #1
    TEST YOUR MIGHT! The Big G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    3,153

    Default Julian Keller: Hellion Apprecation 2018

    The Julian Keller aka Hellion Appreciation Thread









    For all things Hellion!

    And I just realized i misspelled appreciation...mods if you could help me out with that?
    Last edited by The Big G; 04-30-2014 at 07:01 PM.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

  2. #2
    Wily Veteran cc008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    12,734

    Default

    #bromosuperior

  3. #3
    TEST YOUR MIGHT! The Big G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    3,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    #bromosuperior
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

  4. #4
    Wily Veteran cc008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    12,734

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Nailed it. Pretty much why I read X-Men.

  5. #5
    Once And Future BAMF Hellion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Nowhere, Montana
    Posts
    342

    Default

    ^Ditto!

    I'm glad to see that Hellion has been able to maintain friendships considering the dark place he was left at following his 2-parter in X-men Legacy ages ago.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

    Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

    "I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

  6. #6
    TEST YOUR MIGHT! The Big G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    3,153

    Default

    To my fellow Hellionites (Hellions is already taken lol) so far 2014 has been a pretty good year for us. Julian's had a couple of decent appearances in WATXM 2.0. Sure one can argue that Latour has him at the moment pegged into somewhat of the same role that Aaron had him in...but he's had some good moments. Plus Wood's used him pretty well so far in X-men. Now that for the most part it seems he's not biting it next month, where do we want to see Hellion go in 2014?

    I'm hoping for a cameo is KYOST's opening AXM arc myself.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2

    Default

    One of the best Asian superheroes. I'm Brian Wood is all for diversity. Psylocke, Jubilee, Shogo, Hisako, Jia Jing, and Hellion - all characters that represent MARVEL NOW.

  8. #8
    Once And Future BAMF Hellion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Nowhere, Montana
    Posts
    342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    To my fellow Hellionites (Hellions is already taken lol) so far 2014 has been a pretty good year for us. Julian's had a couple of decent appearances in WATXM 2.0. Sure one can argue that Latour has him at the moment pegged into somewhat of the same role that Aaron had him in...but he's had some good moments. Plus Wood's used him pretty well so far in X-men. Now that for the most part it seems he's not biting it next month, where do we want to see Hellion go in 2014?

    I'm hoping for a cameo is KYOST's opening AXM arc myself.
    Indeed. Marvel's gotten nothing but smiles out of me so far this year. Here's to hoping that they can keep it up. I would love to see Hellion appear in Amazing X-men. Hell, I've still got my fingers crossed that he may join that team full time when Wolverine bows out. A total long shot, but the X-kids can't stay X-kids forever, right?
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

    Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

    "I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

  9. #9
    Once And Future BAMF Hellion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Nowhere, Montana
    Posts
    342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenji_Uedo View Post
    One of the best Asian superheroes. I'm Brian Wood is all for diversity. Psylocke, Jubilee, Shogo, Hisako, Jia Jing, and Hellion - all characters that represent MARVEL NOW.
    Um...Hellion is not Asian. I guess he sometimes looks that way because his hair is black or whatever, but the Hellions miniseries shows us that Julian Keller is a rich white kid from California.

    But yes, I agree, Marvel is great at representing diversity throughout its titles. The current Ms. Marvel series is my favorite example of that right now.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

    Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

    "I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

  10. #10
    Wily Veteran cc008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    12,734

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    To my fellow Hellionites (Hellions is already taken lol) so far 2014 has been a pretty good year for us. Julian's had a couple of decent appearances in WATXM 2.0. Sure one can argue that Latour has him at the moment pegged into somewhat of the same role that Aaron had him in...but he's had some good moments. Plus Wood's used him pretty well so far in X-men. Now that for the most part it seems he's not biting it next month, where do we want to see Hellion go in 2014?

    I'm hoping for a cameo is KYOST's opening AXM arc myself.

    Me too. It would be especially interesting since they are bringing X-23 into the fold as well.

  11. #11
    TEST YOUR MIGHT! The Big G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    3,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    Um...Hellion is not Asian. I guess he sometimes looks that way because his hair is black or whatever, but the Hellions miniseries shows us that Julian Keller is a rich white kid from California.

    But yes, I agree, Marvel is great at representing diversity throughout its titles. The current Ms. Marvel series is my favorite example of that right now.
    That's just Chase, he thinks Julian is asian
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

  12. #12
    Where is my Surge?! Moondoggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Me too. It would be especially interesting since they are bringing X-23 into the fold as well.
    I think that boat maybe sailed for now not sure how they can reboot from X-23 basically telling him to get away from her. I'd like to see Hellion written by KYost again though he really shined when they had the reigns on New X Men. He's back to his old self lately though which is good no emo crap just him being full of himself. For old times sake i want him to have one of those "We kinda fancy each other but are too proud to admit it so we just yell" fights with Surge. I honestly think that was a missed opportunity for a romance XD.

  13. #13
    TEST YOUR MIGHT! The Big G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    3,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moondoggie View Post
    I think that boat maybe sailed for now not sure how they can reboot from X-23 basically telling him to get away from her. I'd like to see Hellion written by KYost again though he really shined when they had the reigns on New X Men. He's back to his old self lately though which is good no emo crap just him being full of himself. For old times sake i want him to have one of those "We kinda fancy each other but are too proud to admit it so we just yell" fights with Surge. I honestly think that was a missed opportunity for a romance XD.
    In comics...ships never completely sail away/or sink....
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

  14. #14
    Ultimate Member Ambaryerno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    12,094

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    In comics...ships never completely sail away/or sink....
    Agree with this. I'd love to see that relationship fixed because they're actually good for each other on a number of levels. With Laura appearing for at least one arc of ANXM here's hoping that a run-in with Julian is involved. It's too juicy not to, especially if he's back to being the Julian she was drawn to originally.

  15. #15
    CBR's Good Fairy Kieran_Frost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    7,567

    Default

    I can't believe I'm betraying Dust like this... but I think Hellion might be about to bump her out of my "Top 10". He's so amazing, and Wood is rocking the attitude (yet lovable) Julian. Also... this thread needs more hottness!




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •