Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Default Should Superman meet other versions of himself?

Since we know the multiverse is back, should Superman cross over and get to meet other versions of himself from other universes? We know he met his new Earth 2 counterpart but his memory was wiped so he doesn't remember it. Which is pretty much a cop out. Should he meet other versions and if so, which ones?

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Since we know the multiverse is back, should Superman cross over and get to meet other versions of himself from other universes? We know he met his new Earth 2 counterpart but his memory was wiped so he doesn't remember it. Which is pretty much a cop out. Should he meet other versions and if so, which ones?
    Yes...yes...a thousand times yes. I was disappointed we didn't have all of them meet in CONVERGENCE.

Hopefully he meets his Pre-Flashpoint self at some point, meets his Lois and their son and gets the idea that "hmm maybe is should reconsider my relationship and wardrobe choices"

I'd also love to see Pre-Crisis Earth-1 Superman meet our current one as well. Perhaps he can loan him a Superman Robot to help recover his secret identity!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Yes...yes...a thousand times yes. I was disappointed we didn't have all of them meet in CONVERGENCE.

Hopefully he meets his Pre-Flashpoint self at some point, meets his Lois and their son and gets the idea that "hmm maybe is should reconsider my relationship and wardrobe choices"

I'd also love to see Pre-Crisis Earth-1 Superman meet our current one as well. Perhaps he can loan him a Superman Robot to help recover his secret identity!
    Both of those Supermen are gone. The post-COIE continuities were erased at the end of Convergence #8, which also depicted the Earth-One Superman (and Batman and WW) "evolving" into the Earth-0 versions.

I would like to see the Earth-1 Superman meet his Earth-0 counterpart. Though he's still new to the role, he's a far better Supeman than Biker Superman.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xon-Ur View Post
    Both of those Supermen are gone. The post-COIE continuities were erased at the end of Convergence #8, which also depicted the Earth-One Superman (and Batman and WW) "evolving" into the Earth-0 versions.

I would like to see the Earth-1 Superman meet his Earth-0 counterpart. Though he's still new to the role, he's a far better Supeman than Biker Superman.
    Actually the Pre-Flashpoint version slipped through the cracks with his Lois and their son when they went back to the Crisis.

And was the "evolving" ever confirmed. I remember those panels being debated quite a bit as to whether the newer versions were replacing the Pre-Crisis versions or not.

Besides in a larger multiverse odds are you could get close counterparts of almost any character from DC's 80 year history if someone wants to use them in a story.It's not really Earth One, it's that one where the Kents adopted Bruce Wayne, or the one where Superboy had adventures before WW II, or ....

And while I wouldn't want to get alternate Supermen every other month (or even every 6 months) it'd be nice to have Superman meet his history every so often if for no other reason than to contrast different ideas of just what Superman is. Maybe the DC-You version could be inspired by some past take and go in that direction ... or he could see a mistake from the past to keep him on his own path.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post

" Why is he wearing underwear over his tights? Lois? Maybe once upon a time, now? No way Jose."

Incredible Member

I'm sure the Pre-Crisis , Pre Flashpoint characters will show up.... Just in time be permanently killed off in the next big timey-wimey major event.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xon-Ur View Post

No the pre flashpoint versions became the nu 52. The pre zero hour earth became earth 16.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    Actually the Pre-Flashpoint version slipped through the cracks with his Lois and their son when they went back to the Crisis.

And was the "evolving" ever confirmed. I remember those panels being debated quite a bit as to whether the newer versions were replacing the Pre-Crisis versions or not.

Besides in a larger multiverse odds are you could get close counterparts of almost any character from DC's 80 year history if someone wants to use them in a story.It's not really Earth One, it's that one where the Kents adopted Bruce Wayne, or the one where Superboy had adventures before WW II, or ....

And while I wouldn't want to get alternate Supermen every other month (or even every 6 months) it'd be nice to have Superman meet his history every so often if for no other reason than to contrast different ideas of just what Superman is. Maybe the DC-You version could be inspired by some past take and go in that direction ... or he could see a mistake from the past to keep him on his own path.
    That would actually be Earth 38. So if we keep it in the context of the current multiverse, he could meet his Earth 38 counterpart. Or Kingdom Come Earth counterpart. Both of whom married Lois in their respective universes. Or he could go to Earth 33 and learn all about his own history. Actually THAT'S a story I'd pay to see!

I would like to see New 52 Superman kick the ever loving crap of Injustice Superman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gwenFan View Post
    No the pre flashpoint versions became the nu 52. The pre zero hour earth became earth 16.
    That's not what's shown at the end of Convergence #8. 52 of the pre-COIE Earths were reborn as the 52 Multiverse, Earth-One of the pre-COIE era becoming Earth-0.

The other universes/Earths remain unknown, but the pre-COIE universe was erased from existence. I imagine that Superman and family and Parallax are anomalies that went off to some pocket dimension like Kal-L and Co. from COIE and will never be seen again.

I don't know what's worst: the complete erasure of the post-COIE continuities or the fact that the pre-COIE Earth-1, the greatest iteration of the DCU, was "reformatted" into a dark, cynical, and crappy modern nightmare called Earth-0.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I would like to see New 52 Superman kick the ever loving crap of Injustice Superman.
    I'd like to see SOMEBODY kick the ever loving crap out of Injustice Superman. They did sort of open the door for that to happen in one of the issues. Or something like it. When Dr. Fate sent Black Canary to that alternate universe to hook up with that universe's Green Arrow. Which suggests that there must be a Superman in there somewhere. My ideal ending for that series would be for that universes Superman to show up and basically remind Injustice Supes what it means to be Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I'd like to see SOMEBODY kick the ever loving crap out of Injustice Superman. They did sort of open the door for that to happen in one of the issues. Or something like it. When Dr. Fate sent Black Canary to that alternate universe to hook up with that universe's Green Arrow. Which suggests that there must be a Superman in there somewhere. My ideal ending for that series would be for that universes Superman to show up and basically remind Injustice Supes what it means to be Superman.
    As long as it's a Superman...I'm good. Pre-Flashpoint and New 52 Superman get my vote though.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I'd like to see the current Superman meet the All-Star version.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I'd like to see the current Superman meet the All-Star version.
    Isn't new 52 Superman meant to be just All Star Superman in his earlier days?

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Isn't new 52 Superman meant to be just All Star Superman in his earlier days?
    In spirit maybe, but they aren't in the same continuity/Earth.