Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Uncanny Avengers 5 SPOILER

Good guys work together. Vision put bros before hoes. Take the man down. Sam takes a bath. But wait, daddy issues still hanging.

That was nice.

Oh wow, the conclusion that we knew would be coming actually happened because oh yeah, we've been stuck on this time bubble for ages and Secret Wars has happened! Of course they all head back to Earth, we literally saw them at the end!

And every single minor character in this is dead. Cause incursions happens.

My gawd, there was no point to this trip at all! Just to shove some really hastily mandated new origin for the twins and then stuck everyone else on the backburner (Brother Voodoo talking to the same ghost people for 4 issues straight WTF!), cept Vision got to have a one-night/one-fuckinghellhowlongweretheyontheplanet thing.

They could have done a proper tie-in with Secret Wars, then when the realities merge or whatever at the end of it, we can get the twins with new origins. Nobody would like it, but at least it would be more readable!

Heck I haven't even read this damn issue and I already know this was going to happen, cripes!
    Last edited by Byakko; 06-24-2015 at 06:09 AM.

Any development on Voodoo's part?

he kicks the High Evolutionary ass with ghosts.

Quote Originally Posted by Byakko View Post
    Oh wow, the conclusion that we knew would be coming actually happened because oh yeah, we've been stuck on this time bubble for ages and Secret Wars has happened! Of course they all head back to Earth, we literally saw them at the end!

And every single minor character in this is dead. Cause incursions happens.

My gawd, there was no point to this trip at all! Just to shove some really hastily mandated new origin for the twins and then stuck everyone else on the backburner (Brother Voodoo talking to the same ghost people for 4 issues straight WTF!), cept Vision got to have a one-night/one-fuckinghellhowlongweretheyontheplanet thing.

They could have done a proper tie-in with Secret Wars, then when the realities merge or whatever at the end of it, we can get the twins with new origins. Nobody would like it, but at least it would be more readable!

Heck I haven't even read this damn issue and I already know this was going to happen, cripes!
    You haven't even read the issue, yet are ranting like this ALREADY??? Oh.My.

Also, could someone post decent spoilers, because the OP really dropped the ball here.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    You haven't even read the issue, yet are ranting like this ALREADY??? Oh.My.

Also, could someone post decent spoilers, because the OP really dropped the ball here.
    Have you read the entire series, at all? Brother Voodoo literally has been in the same spot for 4 issues. This isn't a 'one-time' thing. My rant was the entire quality of this arc has been piss-poor. Rogue was stuck on the slab for 3 issues, Sabretooth spent half his time brainwashed and chained to the new 'big bad sister', meanwhile the twins get involved in a war for a planet that they literally have no stake in. For people we do not care about, for minor characters that only appear here.

While Secret Wars already happened for the rest of the comics lines.

We know these minor characters are dead. We're been stuck in a time-bubble since this arc started. There is literally no way to make us care about these minor characters, if we know they are going to die/dead due to the big giant crossover event that's happening in the wider comics-line.

The logical step would be to actually show us character development of the characters we do care about, the ones that we know even survive to appear in Secret Wars; the freaking Avengers in the title! Show them interacting as a team. Or being in the same general area! Something! Anything!

But Remender deliberately keeps everyone separate till this final issue. That is just not good story organization or pacing at all! Or rather, it shouldn't feel like deliberate padding and filler all the way till this final issue, which it really has been!

The reveal about the twins' parentage was what, 2 issues ago? I like how Pietro made one outburst, Wanda just went 'meh', and then they're off on their merry way apparently not the worse for wear. And since every other team member cept Vision is parked elsewhere, for Rogue she was literally doing nothing till she got rescued, well we can't get anything from them obviously.

These were complaints and issues since this arc started, it's not going to magically disappear in the final issue.
    Last edited by Byakko; 06-24-2015 at 06:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    I am training myself for the real stuff, Howard the Duck stuff !

i read it btw. I like how I'm literally left with so many unresolved questions and I can honestly say I have no idea if they're ever going to be even picked up on. Like whatever's said in this issue can be undone by Secret Wars and never brought back up again. 'Evolutionary war' and all that tat.

I also like how while in every other issue, everyone seems pretty far from each other, they all magically can meet in the exact same spot at the exact same time in this final issue.

Edit: This issue could have been spread over 2, and be properly paced. I was seriously confused at like the scene-jumps and shifts.
    Last edited by Byakko; 06-24-2015 at 07:04 AM.

Have you read the entire series, at all?
    Yes I did, minus this issue.

Brother Voodoo literally has been in the same spot for 4 issues. This isn't a 'one-time' thing. My rant was the entire quality of this arc has been piss-poor. Rogue was stuck on the slab for 3 issues, Sabretooth spent half his time brainwashed and chained to the new 'big bad sister', meanwhile the twins get involved in a war for a planet that they literally have no stake in. For people we do not care about, for minor characters that only appear here.
    Heh, I wouldn't have made the same break down of the arc, but ok.

While Secret Wars already happened for the rest of the comics lines.
    A lot of titles were (are?) still doing their own thing when Secret Wars started. Nothing special here.

We know these minor characters are dead. We're been stuck in a time-bubble since this arc started. There is literally no way to make us care about these minor characters, if we know they are going to die/dead due to the big giant crossover event that's happening in the wider comics-line.
    Like I said, this book among others was still running when this event started. There's nothing special here. I dare even say, where have you been in recent years? Because that's been the case for other events as well (cue Original Sin, Axis, Infinity). Where you this shocked with series that did the same thing during those events ?

The logical step would be to actually show us character development of the characters we do care about, the ones that we know even survive to appear in Secret Wars. Or to show us with them interacting as a team. Or something. But Remender deliberately keeps everyone separate till this final issue, and even when you'd think there should be character moments...we really don't get any.
    Remender is known to work his stories rather independently than other writers, maybe it's a surprise to you if you are not familiar with him. If you are familiar with his previous works though, I genuinely wonder why you are complaining about him doing what he's known to do. Especially when you haven't even read said last issue as you admitted yourself.

The reveal about the twins' parentage was what, 2 issues ago? I like how Pietro made one outburst, Wanda just went 'meh', and then they're off on their merry way apparently not the worse for wear. And since every other team member cept Vision is parked elsewhere, for Rogue she was literally doing nothing till she got rescued, well we can't get anything from them obviously.
    That's one way to see things. Personnally, I think Sam got the short hand of the stick here, he didn't really had the opportunity to shine in this arc, or to be pushed in one direction to explore. The Maximoffs, Sabretooth and Vision however were all spotlighted. Even Rogue won't be left unscathed after losing Simon apparently.
    I'd like a proper "aftermath" issue though, and I'd be surprised if it was this one and not in the next one (relaunch or else).

These were complaints and issues since this arc started, it's not going to magically disappear in the final issue, in fact they shouldn't be left until the final issue to clear.
    Well next time, maybe read the issue BEFORE going on and on about how the serie was terrible, it'd make more sense.
    Because from here it looks like you were just waiting to drop this rant regardless of said current issue.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

LOL This was not good.

This was clearly just meant to remove Magneto from Wanda and Pietro's bloodline. The discussion on this retcon can go on forever but I personally couldn't care less about it.

The rest of the book is essentially Remender trying (and in my opinion failing) to hastily instill gravitas in a few side plots centered around the rest of the characters, so this can resemble a team book: a generic war, a one-dimentional overpowered cackling villainess, Vision having a smorgasbord of android children and a "love" that is established much too fast for me to care about the outcome, a paper-thin generic organic life vs synthetic life debate, and just a whole lot of whatever.

All in all predictable and forgettable arc: 2,5 / 5
    Last edited by Supernature; 06-24-2015 at 03:40 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    LOL This was not good.

This was clearly just meant to remove Magneto from Wanda and Pietro's bloodline. The discussion on this retcon can go on forever but I personally couldn't care less about it.

The rest of the book is essentially Remender trying (and in my opinion failing) to hastily instill gravitas in a few side plots centered around the rest of the characters, so this can resemble a team book: a generic war, a one-dimentional overpowered cackling villainess, Vision having a smorgasbord of android children and a "love" that is established much to fast for me to care about the outcome, a paper-thin generic organic life vs synthetic life debate, and just a whole lot of whatever.

All in all predictable and forgettable arc: 2,5 / 5

Pretty much this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I thought (hoped?) that that GIF was going somewhere a bit...different. What does this say about me?

BANNED

masterpiece and everyone loved it.

Gotta love how this whole arc ended on a non-ending with Vision having learned some truth that would crush Wanda but isn't gonna tell her and, by association, the audience. So in other words, this arc has been completely pointless since there's even more misdirection with the twins.