Quote Originally Posted by Byakko View Post
Excuse me?

babydan.jpg

You know, him and Wanda had almost the exact same amount of time with the magic-kids. When they got reincarnated, Billy and Tommy only really bothered to find Wanda, which bothered me but it made sense I guess. Despite them having no actual genetic connection, but their 'souls' are connected. And to me, I thought that Wanda probably warped the souls to such an extent to reflect both her and Vision, as she wanted.

And Vision, understandably, was not in the easy position of whether to regard the reincarnated boys as his own or not. Because do you know the answer to that question because I don't think anyone does. But you know what, he did put in initiative in the end to connect with Billy.

Billy and Vizh.jpg

And back to the issue at hand. I would squee with the best of them if the feeling between them was mutual, but Remender I feel deliberately showed Vision getting friendzoned to make it clear that the feelings are one-sided. And frankly I like Vision as himself too much now to really like anything about this.

He had a revenge-**** with Eve because he was being the bitterest android about Wanda early in the issue. That was clearly what that was.

And then he chooses to abandon ship (literally) because goddamit he can't quit Wanda.

And now here we are again. Back to this hopeless song and dance. Again.

You know any other character, any decidedly non-robotic and non-rebuildable character, if we read them in stories that had them keep coming back to an ex who has not once, but several times killed them directly/indirectly, and despite all said-power of said-ex not once has helped to heal and/or restore them, we would be saying "Wow, that's obviously an abusive and hopeless relationship, that character is much better of without them and far away from them for their own health and safety."

It stopped being cute for Vision to do this years ago. At least prior to Disassembled it was just typical ex problems, but after that? After his outburst in Avengers vs X-Men? Reverse the genders and what does it sound like?

I can't cheer at this. I like Vision too much now as a standalone character. This is just bad for him, I can't see this in any other way. It's not healthy, and puts me off on them getting back together more than when this series started, how the **** did that happen!?

Edit: No joke, one of the first things I thought when I figured MCU was going with Vision and Wanda getting together was "Oh thank gawd, Wanda can't break you this time." Because him being made of stronger stuff, and Wanda being slightly depowered. I shouldn't have to worry about one person in a relationship being physically ripped apart by the other, at all!
Hahahaha. It's a running joke around here that Vision is an absentee father. Any time Billy and Tommy are in any sort of trouble, it's always Wanda shown stepping in to help. Vision has had that sole interraction with Billy that we saw in the Assembled annual. We know he cares just as much, it's just never seen on panel.

And...the friendzone is a fine place to be. That's often where mature relationships end up, and that's awesome.

I don't need to see Vision and Wanda 'together' again. There are reams of those stories already (and it was an amazing era!). I do need to seem them be friends though. They were too close for the enmity between them to be so bitter, despite what went down during Dissassembled.

This was, really, the perfect place to see them both at the end of the world. I couldn't possibly have asked for anything more.