Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

What a dreadful series (Even though it wasn't as bad as vol. 1) Here I was hoping for a badass friendship and leadership from the Witch and Rogue, and some great Vision moments, but all this series focused on was the pointless and overbearingly stupid Wanda and Pietro family retcon and Rogue being a damsel in distress. I hope Marvel doesn't renew this series and frees Wanda and Rogue from Remender. Truly awful.
    Last edited by Project Initiative Cascada; 06-24-2015 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Gotta love how this whole arc ended on a non-ending with Vision having learned some truth that would crush Wanda but isn't gonna tell her and, by association, the audience. So in other words, this arc has been completely pointless since there's even more misdirection with the twins.
    So does Vision find out what Wanda and Pietro already think they know? Doesn't Vision already know about the earlier reveal (Maximoff parents, H.E. tampering, no mutants)? Is this some new, profoundly different knowledge about the twins' parentage? Something that would crush and devastate Wanda, Vision thinks. So, the reveal story about Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch is over, or isn't over?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    So does Vision find out what Wanda and Pietro already think they know? Doesn't Vision already know about the earlier reveal (Maximoff parents, H.E. tampering, no mutants)? Is this some new, profoundly different knowledge about the twins' parentage? Something that would crush and devastate Wanda, Vision thinks. So, the reveal story about Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch is over, or isn't over?
    It's not over. It was teasing some terrible secret that will be revealed when Remender revisits the Evolutionary War.

It was basically a big tease for the next Uncanny Avengers volume, I guess.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Byakko View Post
    'She was possessed.'
    Hey, it worked for Jean Grey.

BANNED

Wow, another alternate reality problem that don't matter anything solved! Great work, team!

So UA is over now, correct? Rogue is free? I am a giddy school girl! YAY!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    So UA is over now, correct? Rogue is free? I am a giddy school girl! YAY!!!
    Yeah she isn't shown in rage of Ultron either.

Maybe dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    What a dreadful series (Even though it wasn't as bad as vol. 1) Here I was hoping for a badass friendship and leadership from the Witch and Wanda, and some great Vision moments, but all this series focused on was the pointless and overbearingly stupid Wanda and Pietro family retcon and Rogue being a damsel in distress. I hope Marvel doesn't renew this series and frees Wanda and Rogue from Remender. Truly awful.
    i feel i wasted my time on it, because Sabertooth and Brother Voodoo were barely used. I hope they turn up someplace after SW...

I was enjoying the previous issues and the pacing of the arc, but this final issue was pretty pointless and was rather disappointing. Sort of messed up the rest of the arc for me, to be honest.

This was extremely rushed.

This series has been dragging for a while now and has essentially been rendered moot by Secret Wars. That said, I did want to see how it played out. The end result was...flat for the most part. There was no shocking revelation about the Maximoff Twins' parents. The High Evolutionary just described them as a couple of random nobodies whose kids he decided to use for his experiments, nothing more. Given the shocking nature of the revelation in AXIS, it was pretty dry. Not much else really came of it, but I will say that Quicksilver shined in this issue. It felt like a real turning point for him, one where he finally stopped blaming his problems on the man he thought was his father. I thought that was the best part of the issue. Everything else felt rushed and bland.

I get the sense that Remender had to rush the ending of this series because of Secret Wars. I also get the sense that a relaunch really wasn't necessary here. There's no chemistry with this team and very little intrigue outside the Maximoff Twins. This might have worked better as a mini or something, but overall I think it just fell flat. I did a full review of it on my blog and if anyone is interested, here's a link:

Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Byakko View Post
    Oh wow, the conclusion that we knew would be coming actually happened because oh yeah, we've been stuck on this time bubble for ages and Secret Wars has happened! Of course they all head back to Earth, we literally saw them at the end!

And every single minor character in this is dead. Cause incursions happens.

My gawd, there was no point to this trip at all! Just to shove some really hastily mandated new origin for the twins and then stuck everyone else on the backburner (Brother Voodoo talking to the same ghost people for 4 issues straight WTF!), cept Vision got to have a one-night/one-fuckinghellhowlongweretheyontheplanet thing.

They could have done a proper tie-in with Secret Wars, then when the realities merge or whatever at the end of it, we can get the twins with new origins. Nobody would like it, but at least it would be more readable!

Heck I haven't even read this damn issue and I already know this was going to happen, cripes!
    I tired to defend uncanny avenger vol 2 as long as I could, and i still beleive it had its good moments. But i have to agree with you. So far the only great epsiode was the second, where HE really come out looking creepy scary and monstrous simultaneously as well as pushing for a strong empathic feel towar dhis poor innocent victims, guilty only of not being perfect(hey HE and Ultron should work together if they hadn't completely opposite methods. Perhaps a new contest of champions wher eUltron and HE disucss where true perfection lay...hmmm). Apart that the levle had been uneven and confusing(seriously how long they had bee there? WHY Sabertooth has Santa Claus level beard?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    This series has been dragging for a while now and has essentially been rendered moot by Secret Wars. That said, I did want to see how it played out. The end result was...flat for the most part. There was no shocking revelation about the Maximoff Twins' parents. The High Evolutionary just described them as a couple of random nobodies whose kids he decided to use for his experiments, nothing more. Given the shocking nature of the revelation in AXIS, it was pretty dry. Not much else really came of it, but I will say that Quicksilver shined in this issue. It felt like a real turning point for him, one where he finally stopped blaming his problems on the man he thought was his father. I thought that was the best part of the issue. Everything else felt rushed and bland.

I get the sense that Remender had to rush the ending of this series because of Secret Wars. I also get the sense that a relaunch really wasn't necessary here. There's no chemistry with this team and very little intrigue outside the Maximoff Twins. This might have worked better as a mini or something, but overall I think it just fell flat. I did a full review of it on my blog and if anyone is interested, here's a link:

I disagree with you on Quicksilver's "shining moment". Quicksilver hasn't blamed his father for his life since House of M, and even in House of M, it felt a bit regressive for the character. I could forgive House of M for undoing a decade of character growth because Pietro was especially anxious over his sister. But by that time, he already had the revelation that Magneto wasn't to blame for the stupid stuff he did. Heck, in last year's All New X-Factor 12, Quicksilver responsibility of his actions during Decimation and didn't try to blame his father for it...so I don't see this as character "growth" but more like a rehash of previous character growth. Kind of disappointing for me, as a longtime fan of the character. I would like to see new things with Quicksilver, not just the same old stuff repackaged in contemporary writing and art.
    Outside of Quicksilver, this story has been really disappointing. What was the point of having Cap in the team? Brother Voodoo barely did anything as well. Then there's Vision apparently falling in love with a robot-girl, and just as quickly abandoning her and their children. Rogue's only purpose in the book was to get Simon "killed", and given I didn't read the last volume of UA, his death didn't feel particularly important. But the bigger problem I think is that we spend 3 issues reading about characters like the Low Evolutionary ,his troops of rebels, and that kooky scientist who fed Rogue applesauce, and we have no idea what happened to them at the end of the story. Also, very disappointed with Luminous. She's supposed to have greater control of speed and chaos than the twins, and Vision just has to phase through her to defeat her? What a letdown. What's even more frustrating is that these five issues have apparently been a set up for the Evolutionary Wars which won't be published until Secret Wars is done. I'm getting tired of this bait and switch from Marvel, always building up to the next event instead of giving a satisfying conclusion to the current storylines.

I think Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are much more interesting and have more potential returning to their original origin involving the High Evolutionary. Unfortunately H.E. hasn't had many good stories for some time. I for one am glad Marvel pulled a double recton and returned the twins to their original origin. It really emphasises the lengths Magneto would go to in the past to achieve his goals. The impact of this story did suffer from Secret Wars.
    Last edited by AgentWingNut; 06-24-2015 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gwenFan View Post
    Yeah she isn't shown in rage of Ultron either.

Maybe dead.
    That sounds like an Avenger thing. With Rogue free of UA, I hope this means she goes off planet with the X-Men. Although, she was in that last darn Cap issue or Thor issue. One of those. But hopefully that is all pre SW.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post

Once the Ultron and Vision movie came out, Marvel had to put the new Vision with his green and red costume, and the Twins, in a comic to capitalise. Like they did with Rage of Ultron and Ultron Forever. It was just movie spin off and we can leave it at that.