Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    That sounds like an Avenger thing. With Rogue free of UA, I hope this means she goes off planet with the X-Men. Although, she was in that last darn Cap issue or Thor issue. One of those. But hopefully that is all pre SW.
    Sabertooth was shown in the team. Same uncanny Avengers team with Thor and SpiderMan instead of Rouge and VooDoo.

Maybe it's just back to being an Xman on earth.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    You haven't even read the issue, yet are ranting like this ALREADY??? Oh.My.

Also, could someone post decent spoilers, because the OP really dropped the ball here.
    Honestly People Of The Earth, with this being what is the stop-gap of the book until Secret Wars is over, I have to say it was Better then I thought it would be.

I think Marvel delayed the book realizing they where not ready to do a full origins change for the Twins, they dropped nothing that was not already known and "The Secret" that Vision seemly knows but will not tell is just code for "We at Marvel have not decided yet on anything, will save it for later." Honestly, this made me Happy to read that part, if they did do that, aka dropped the secret in this issue, it would have ended up way to fast and taken up to much of the good stuff the final issue before Secret Wars took over, glad they focused on the High Evolutionary Fight more then this recon, IMO it was the issues greatest saving grace.

Overall I was More Happy with the issue then I had thought! Yea, Yea I hear all the time it is the worst book, this is bad, it is bad.........I Never got that view of this story, it hooked me more then volume one at this point did. Always I respect others opinions, they all are a value IMO, but really this book has proven why in this issue kept my attain for so long. The story went in a way I did not figure, it was mostly a whole Big Battle final issue that sets up allot of things for High Evolutionary to be a MAJOR Threat in the Marvel Verse again like he should be. The Term Evolutionary WARS was the Best and it makes to happy to hope that after Secret Wars The High Evolutionary will get his chance to shine.

This Arc Made The High Evolutionary a Great Threat again, an EPIC Villain! A Cold Hearted Murdering Mastermind so devoted to his vision he will kill anything to achieve it; THAT is what a Pure Villain should be!

The Best part People Of The Earth was the Final Battle Between The High Evolutionary and Quicksilver; Their fight was to Quicksilver's strengths being all about his speed and using it to fight against The High Evolutionary's massive powers. We finally get to also see The High Evolutionary's Face Behind the Mask and he was as Ugly as the Acts he has committed! IMO it was a Great Sense of Karma moment! ;-)

The Best part during this battle was Quicksilver saying about his Very Being, Something that was triggered by his inner monologue saying what his former Wife Crystal once said to him about Running away from his problems all the time. It goes hand-n-hand with his Fighting and Running very Artistically. It leads to him saying his only positive in his life in His Opinion was not becoming like Father Magneto was. This goes hand-n-hand with the flashback at the start of the book WELL in the factor when Magneto said that all of Pietro's rage and mistakes in how he acts could be blamed on him and that is what Quicksilver says to himself that he has done for his life up to that point, put the blame on Magneto for making him the way his was. In Pietro's words; Magneto was his excuse for making so many mistake.

But after the Spell Happen in AXIS he lost that excuse and in his inner monologue he was lost and was hoping that his travel to counter earth will give him a new excuse to blame on his problems. But he in his inner monologue admits finally that all his problems are His Own. That he is to blame and in a strange way, it is Liberating! IMO that was the best part of the book and really pulled it together in a way I did not expect Remender to do with Pietro of all characters. If this is acted upon in future books it would be a good showing of character development. So just for that moment alone it was worth the buy for me!

Overall the arc ended in a Much better way that I had ever figured and I was Please with it overall, gives foreshadowing to future plots and saved the more controversial points for later for Marvel IMO to think them threw, which was the right move IMO. This might explain the books delays as well.

4.5 out of 5 for me!

Some slips in the small stories and but overall all members of the Unity team did what they needed to do and all where important.

Their is much more to the issue People Of The Earth, but I hope that helps on the major points my friend!
    Last edited by CJStriker; 06-24-2015 at 07:31 PM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Boy did I pick the wrong book for my first avengers book.

Will admit, dug seeing High Evolutionary without his mask.

Quote Originally Posted by gwenFan View Post
    Sabertooth was shown in the team. Same uncanny Avengers team with Thor and SpiderMan instead of Rouge and VooDoo.

Maybe it's just back to being an Xman on earth.
    wait- Voodoo's not there? That stinks.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey616 View Post
    Indeed Spidey616, Like I said in my review post, I felt it was one of the best moment of the Issue, felt like a great moment of Karma and Irony for me.

The High Evolutionary is a great Villain and literally has killed untold Millions of his own created Children for his quest of Perfect! But his own very being and how he looks is far form such, it was a great moment of Karma and how hypocritical he is. He kills so many while he himself is In-Perfect.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Gotta love how this whole arc ended on a non-ending with Vision having learned some truth that would crush Wanda but isn't gonna tell her and, by association, the audience. So in other words, this arc has been completely pointless since there's even more misdirection with the twins.
    Exactly this. Nothing was resolved, Magneto is still a possible father, maybe just Pietro's father while Wanda is something else completely. It made me think of Gambit revealed as a clone of pre-Sinister Essex with Summers DNA grafted into him, just messy.

I loved the first Uncanny Avengers way more than this one. I really tried to enjoy it but just couldn't.

I would have preferred if we got a resolution to Wasp/Havok story to be honest.

Yeah, 5 issues in and this resolved nothing. It's all setup. And another "evolutionary war" is coming? I enjoyed the most recent New Warriors take on this better.

I liked both volumes of Uncanny Avengers. I think what Remender did with Vision was the best usage of the character in a long time.

BANNED

I loved this issue and the arc as a whole. Yes, there's elements left unresolved but boo-hoo. Dangling plot threads aren't exactly new in comics. Obviously we'll get back to these story lines after SW. I just hope that Remender and Acuna will be back together on UA. They've made for great collaborators and I'd love to see them continue working together.

i really liked the first volume of UA. this one...not so much. which is a shame cause i really like the characters. i wish Sabertooth had been used more. Rogue did very little till the last issue. i'm not happy about the fate of Wonder Man. though, as a fan of the character i know you can never keep him down.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I loved the first Uncanny Avengers way more than this one. I really tried to enjoy it but just couldn't.

I would have preferred if we got a resolution to Wasp/Havok story to be honest.
    Agreed. Hell I would've preferred a fallout to Axis of how the team was affected in the public eye after the X-Men took over New York over this. At least that would've been relearn to the entire team, especially with how broken Axis left it.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    i really liked the first volume of UA. this one...not so much. which is a shame cause i really like the characters. i wish Sabertooth had been used more. Rogue did very little till the last issue. i'm not happy about the fate of Wonder Man. though, as a fan of the character i know you can never keep him down.
    As a fellow Wonder Man fan, I thought it would be good to review>

So let's see... in Bendis' Avengers/New Avengers series and Annuals, Wonder Man is Avengers adversary, and in the final series, he does a 180 to save Jan. Still treated as mentally unstable.

In the first Uncanny Avengers series, Wonder Man is a pacifistic publicist that sacrifices his energy to feed Wanda to transport all mutants away from Earth, then sacrifices it again to give Rogue all his power and ends up being stuck inside her head.

in the second Uncanny Avengers series he finally gets extracted from Rogue and he's officially gone from anywhere.

Korvac Saga he will be the adversary of Korvac and current Marvel darlings the Guardians of the Galaxy -- though that's the originals and not the group used in the movie.

Yeah... I think they really have no clue what to do with Wonder Man... I can't wait until the next writer uses him as cannon fodder.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey616 View Post
    Not the first time. Adam Warlock once removed his mask, and he had a normal face.

Later it was shown that, due to his experiments on himself, his DNA had become unstable and he was bouncing between being an ape-looking primitive creature and a super-evolved future man.

I guess his current face is due to that unstability. He has managed to stabilize himself, at the price of becoming that thing.
    Last edited by Habis; 06-26-2015 at 12:47 AM.