Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Not the first time. Adam Warlock once removed his mask, and he had a normal face.

Later it was shown that, due to his experiments on himself, his DNA had become unstable and he was bouncing from being an ape-looking primitive creature and a super-evolved future man.

I guess his current face is due to that unstability. He has managed to stabilize himself, at the price of becoming that thing.
    I wasn't shocked by the High Evolutionary's face. The trope of "what's behind the mask" has already been used on him (like the Quicksilver mini series where he looked like a gorilla), so the fact that he's an animal hybrid doesn't surprise or interest me at all.
    On another topic, given Luminous was made from Pietro and Wanda's DNA (if I understand correctly), wouldn't it be more accurate to say she's their daughter and not their sister?

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilverfan View Post
    I wasn't shocked by the High Evolutionary's face. The trope of "what's behind the mask" has already been used on him (like the Quicksilver mini series where he looked like a gorilla), so the fact that he's an animal hybrid doesn't surprise or interest me at all.
    On another topic, given Luminous was made from Pietro and Wanda's DNA (if I understand correctly), wouldn't it be more accurate to say she's their daughter and not their sister?
    Well, considering this isn't Ultimate Wanda and Pietro, I don't expect them to bring it up unless they deliberately mention how creepy it is .

I still don't get what the robot babies story was all about...and I'm not sure Remender does either.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saffron View Post
    I still don't get what the robot babies story was all about...and I'm not sure Remender does either.
    Probably setting up future stories. Remender's one of those writers, like Hickman, who considers all his Marvel work to be one huge epic, so he keeps teasing stuff that he might return to in this book, or maybe in other books.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, considering this isn't Ultimate Wanda and Pietro, I don't expect them to bring it up unless they deliberately mention how creepy it is .
    That compensates for the loss of Magneto and Polaris. Their extended family is now composed of:

-Wanda and Pietro.
    -Wiccan and Speed.
    -Vision (Wiccan and Speed's dad), Ultron (Wiccan and Speed's granny), Victor Mancha (Wiccan and Speed's uncle), Hank Pym (W & S's great-grandfather), William (kind of W & S's grand-uncle), Tigra (sort of W & S's great-grand-auntie), Eva (W & S's stepmother) and a bajizillion synthobabies (W & S's siblings).
    -Luna, Crystal and the Inhuman Royal Family.
    -Hulkling (Wiccan's boyfriend), and through him, Captain Mar-vell, Genis-vell, Elysius, the Eternals of Titan (including Thanos) and the Skrull Royal family.
    -Luminous, the High Evolutionary, the Low Evolutionary and Adam Warlock.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    Hey, it worked for Jean Grey.
    And Vision
    Cyclops
    Namor
    Bishop
    Silver Surfer
    Captain America
    and pretty much every hero when they do something naughty

The big questions about why was there a big empty city for androids, and Eve being made by the High Evolutionary, and being compatible with Vision, is never ever explained.

Also there's this weird 180 where, at first HE finds them, doesn't actually seem angry about them; and then like the next issue Eve's freaking out and wants to leave before HE kills them?

Technically, this now puts Vision's origin under scrutiny as well. How and why is he now linked to the High Evolutionary? Did HE make him or other beings like him? Seriously, this potentially retcons Vision's origin as well, and while his origin really doesn't quite as matter and was already messy to begin with, did we need a new one for him too?

Hell, I'm curious if through their connection by HE, was there some further revelation about Vision and Wanda that was suppose to happen? Was Vision deliberately programmed and made to monitor Wanda or something, and HE somehow got him into the Avengers via some complicated/dumb luck coincidence with Ultron?

(replace 'movie' with 'Remender')

Quote Originally Posted by Byakko View Post
    The big questions about why was there a big empty city for androids, and Eve being made by the High Evolutionary, and being compatible with Vision, is never ever explained.

Also there's this weird 180 where, at first HE finds them, doesn't actually seem angry about them; and then like the next issue Eve's freaking out and wants to leave before HE kills them?

Technically, this now puts Vision's origin under scrutiny as well. How and why is he now linked to the High Evolutionary? Did HE make him or other beings like him? Seriously, this potentially retcons Vision's origin as well, and while his origin really doesn't quite as matter and was already messy to begin with, did we need a new one for him too?

Hell, I'm curious if through their connection by HE, was there some further revelation about Vision and Wanda that was suppose to happen? Was Vision deliberately programmed and made to monitor Wanda or something, and HE somehow got him into the Avengers via some complicated/dumb luck coincidence with Ultron?

(replace 'movie' with 'Remender')
    My bet is that Eva was one of Alkhema's bio-synthozoids, maybe even Antigone herself.

It was implied that Antigone had merged with Jocasta's personality matrix, becoming a new creature, and Jocasta always had a thing for Vision. The High Evolutionary might have found and taken Antigone-Jocasta as a curiosity worth study.

That said, Marvel no longer cares continuity, so, who knows?

Vision gave up perfection with Eve and thier offspring...for Wanda.

I just finished the issue, and I'm full blubbering like an idiot. Amazing!
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    Vision gave up perfection with Eve and thier offspring...for Wanda.

I just finished the issue, and I'm full blubbering like an idiot. Amazing!
    Vision is a deadbeat father who abandones his children in order to remain close to Wanda fleshy self...

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Vision is a deadbeat father who abandones his children in order to remain close to Wanda fleshy self...
    It's true. We already knew that he was a terrible father though.

I was so completely moved by that last page. Like, full tears. If you've seen me comment around here you know that the 'Vision and Wanda' saga is far and away my favorite Marvel storyline. This issue pretty much made my decade!
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    It's true. We already knew that he was a terrible father though.

I was so completely moved by that last page. Like, full tears. If you've seen me comment around here you know that the 'Vision and Wanda' saga is far and away my favorite Marvel storyline. This issue pretty much made my decade!
    Excuse me?

babydan.jpg

You know, him and Wanda had almost the exact same amount of time with the magic-kids. When they got reincarnated, Billy and Tommy only really bothered to find Wanda, which bothered me but it made sense I guess. Despite them having no actual genetic connection, but their 'souls' are connected. And to me, I thought that Wanda probably warped the souls to such an extent to reflect both her and Vision, as she wanted.

And Vision, understandably, was not in the easy position of whether to regard the reincarnated boys as his own or not. Because do you know the answer to that question because I don't think anyone does. But you know what, he did put in initiative in the end to connect with Billy.

Billy and Vizh.jpg

And back to the issue at hand. I would squee with the best of them if the feeling between them was mutual, but Remender I feel deliberately showed Vision getting friendzoned to make it clear that the feelings are one-sided. And frankly I like Vision as himself too much now to really like anything about this.

He had a revenge-fuck with Eve because he was being the bitterest android about Wanda early in the issue. That was clearly what that was.

And then he chooses to abandon ship (literally) because goddamit he can't quit Wanda.

And now here we are again. Back to this hopeless song and dance. Again.

You know any other character, any decidedly non-robotic and non-rebuildable character, if we read them in stories that had them keep coming back to an ex who has not once, but several times killed them directly/indirectly, and despite all said-power of said-ex not once has helped to heal and/or restore them, we would be saying "Wow, that's obviously an abusive and hopeless relationship, that character is much better of without them and far away from them for their own health and safety."

It stopped being cute for Vision to do this years ago. At least prior to Disassembled it was just typical ex problems, but after that? After his outburst in Avengers vs X-Men? Reverse the genders and what does it sound like?

I can't cheer at this. I like Vision too much now as a standalone character. This is just bad for him, I can't see this in any other way. It's not healthy, and puts me off on them getting back together more than when this series started, how the fuck did that happen!?

Edit: No joke, one of the first things I thought when I figured MCU was going with Vision and Wanda getting together was "Oh thank gawd, Wanda can't break you this time." Because him being made of stronger stuff, and Wanda being slightly depowered. I shouldn't have to worry about one person in a relationship being physically ripped apart by the other, at all!
    Last edited by Byakko; 06-26-2015 at 08:24 PM.

Heck, isn't Remender under the false impression that Wanda only loved Vision because of the part of him that was based on Simon? Not for Vision as an individual?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Heck, isn't Remender under the false impression that Wanda only loved Vision because of the part of him that was based on Simon? Not for Vision as an individual?
    Yuup, saw him saying that to some effect in an interview and was going "oh godammit not this again".

Despite the fact that Wanda and Simon didn't even interact I think, at all, prior to Simon getting out of his cryo-sleep thing; despite the fact that Simon and Vision are clearly not alike in any sense; despite the fact that Busiek already explored this angle and and we had this conclusion:

Or the fact that after Vision got melded with Lipton and Simon into some gestalt consciousness again, Geoff Johns showed them getting back together in both his In-Betweener arc and the Red Zone arc, all of which were just prior to Disassembled. At that point Vision had already ceased to be 'just' a copy of Simon's consciousness, so I don't know how you explain that away.

But it follows the trend of Marvel constantly shitting on any character progress Busiek or Johns ever made for Wanda!

Don't want her back together with Vision? Fine, I can live with that, probably healthier for both of them in the long run. So let her be her own thing. What is with this anime fangirl level of shipping writers do for Wanda? I mean, even with Dr. Doom in Children's Crusade as well. What and why?

But my gawd, trying to ship her with Simon is near shipping-fan obsessions. The chemistry sucks because Wanda has to act out of character to make it work, and it's based on a false assumption!

Edit: I'm just going to see if the fact that the MCU appears to lean Wanda/Vision for the 'classic' pairing (I feel it's substantiated by Bettany's seeming endless glee in retweeting fanart of the pairing, and some confirmations from Whedon/Feige); whether that would affect these two in the comicbooks.

I'm torn on how I feel about that being a possibility. Part of me chaffs because corporate control on creatives, another slightly grins with glee cause I did ship them once upon a time, and the majority is just irked by the whole mess as it is in the comics.
    Last edited by Byakko; 06-26-2015 at 09:10 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Byakko View Post
    Slightly false. If you're going by what Dr. Strange dictates during Disassembled, I think it was skewed. Prior to the Disassembled story arc, Wanda was written fairly strongly and stable under Busiek/Perez, and even under Geoff Johns later. The key plot-point that Disassembled says triggered Wanda's mental collapse, technically never existed. Bendis wrote that Wanda didn't remember her children, that a chance comment by Janet triggered a cascade.

Except up to that point, Wanda always remembered her children. She had gotten over that episode for years already up to that point.

Once you start a premise on that false assumption, the rest of the story doesn't add up. But then the retcon is literally forced through, causing such large ramifications (House of M, M-Day) that we, the readers, have no choice but to accept that was the reason.

The band-aid on that was featured in Children's Crusade, where it's determined that an unnamed 'life force' possessed Wanda (again) and her unstable subconscious caused everything else that happened.

Wanda's tendency to be possessed, you can claim to be 'sexist' in wresting control from her all the time. Technically though, there's well-established plot reasons for it - the meddling of Cthon, being a nexus being etc.

I do not like how it's used to absolve Wanda of her 'crimes', but since her crimes were forced through by Bendis not doing/caring about her past history, I take it as the only solution to a messy situation.
    Well said, and why I never had a hatred to Wanda's character.