Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Sensation Comics Featuring Wonder Woman, #40

"Our Little Dance" part 1 of 2! When the well-meaning members of Debbi Domaine's family argue that Cheetah needs rehabilitation more than incarceration, Wonder Woman is dragged into court!

Full article here.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I have to say that I'm quite surprised to see the Debbie Domaine version of the Cheetah again(even if she is depicted as Perez's Barbara Minerva version). When does Priscilla Rich get an arc?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Amazing Member

I am so glad that Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez is drawing Wonder Woman again. There's a reason his art was literally the standard for Earth-1 Wonder Woman (from the character guides and marketing perspective).

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

Definitely up for anything Wonder Woman drawn by Garcia-Lopez.
    "At what point do we say, 'You're mucking with our myths'?" - Harlan Ellison

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I have to say that I'm quite surprised to see the Debbie Domaine version of the Cheetah again(even if she is depicted as Perez's Barbara Minerva version). When does Priscilla Rich get an arc?
    Hey, at least they're using Wonder Woman's cast. We could've gotten more Batman. Plus, Priscilla appeared in the Isle of Cats story (which was incredibly cute). I'm a bit confused why she looks like Barbara here, though.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Hey, at least they're using Wonder Woman's cast. We could've gotten more Batman. Plus, Priscilla appeared in the Isle of Cats story (which was incredibly cute). I'm a bit confused why she looks like Barbara here, though.

Oh, I'm not disappointed that Debbie is in this story. I just didn't think we'd ever see her again with Barbara and Priscilla being more prominent. As for Debbie's change, perhaps Kobra did further experimentation on her? And you're right, any Wonder-rogue is better than another appearance by Catwoman, Ras Al Ghul, Joker, or Poison Ivy.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I am so here for that artwork! It seems that back in the day JLG-L never drew any WW interiors, just covers, which I always thought was a shame.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

BANNED

art will be great for sure

I wish Debbie was in heels.

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    I am so here for that artwork! It seems that back in the day JLG-L never drew any WW interiors, just covers, which I always thought was a shame.
    Exactly. He was drawing Atari Force while Don Freakin' Heck was drawing WW into the ground.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

It's seems pretty clear to me that Debbie's wearing a costume. She looks a little crazier than usual, but she doesn't look like full blown werebeast Minerva to me. Still, any appearance by a Cheetah is enticing to me, even if she's my least favorite of the main three versions (anything beats Sebastian). Does she have superpowers in this version? It's always a wacky adventure in Cheetah land, you never know what you're gonna get.

"No one's blaming you Wonder Woman. You were trying to protect those people. If you hadn't been there, things would have been worse for those people." I lol'd because all I can think of is the endless Man of Steel debates.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Don't worry, I'm sure they'll be an obligatory Bat-villain back up story!

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

The art does, indeed, look fantastic, and it's nice to see Diana handling one of her own rogues for a change.

Lookin' forward to this one.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    If you've never read the Superman v. Wonder Woman tabloid, it's been reprinted in the Garcia-Lopez Adventures of Superman collection.
    "At what point do we say, 'You're mucking with our myths'?" - Harlan Ellison

How is this on issue 40 already?