Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    All-New Member

I find Romita's remarks about Lois and Clark not being involved romantically offensive and uncalled for. While he may personally feel that way he has absolutely no business imposing that belief up the millions of Superman's fans who believe otherwise. Lois and Clark's relationship is way to much a part of the Superman mythos, a vital component as a matter of fact, and you cannot keep changing their status based on some writer or authors whim. To give any one writer or artist that kind of power over a character is inexcusable. Romita is an artist..and in my opinion not a very good one....not a fan of his work and in particular Superman title has gone downhill since he came on board. But if we are saddled with him for the time being...tell him to stick to drawing and keep his opinion to himself.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Actor4ever View Post
    .tell him to stick to drawing and keep his opinion to himself.
    I think that Romita has every right to express his opinion no matter what, whenever he wants.

All-New Member

I am really tired of the trend of publishers, editors, writers and artists ignoring years of history and the fans in favor of their own personal interpretations. As a result WW is dead and some imposter with her name is controlling the book, Superman is on a downward trend. A relationship that is as much ingrained into who Superman is as is Krypton trashed. Get a clue DC and wake up and smell the coffee

All-New Member

If he wants to express it fine, but he has no business bringing it into his work. His rendition and the writing of the character is not based on his personal feelings about the character. When it comes to writing and drawing it is not about him, but the character and the fans

Astonishing Member

I am really tired of the trend of publishers, editors, writers and artists ignoring years of history and the fans in favor of their own personal interpretations. As a result WW is dead and some imposter with her name is controlling the book, Superman is on a downward trend. A relationship that is as much ingrained into who Superman is as is Krypton trashed. Get a clue DC and wake up and smell the coffee
    personally speaking, I think that it's an exaggeration. Anyway, it doesn't change the fact that Romita can express his opinion about Lois Lane, Superman, and whatsoever any time he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Next time it would be better to interview Yang alone.
    Amen. I'm sorry, but Lois and Clark *should* wind up together, and I say the sooner the better. Coming up on four years now without them, without the real red trunks costume, etc. At least I am finally able to buy and enjoy the book with Yang writing it! (And Pak on two others as well! Not interested in WW/Superman, at least the New 52 WW, ugh, but three books out of four is good...)

And if the whole "Lois would be unhappy finding out about the secret ID" matter is an issue (and, yes, there's something weird about being so close to both Clark and Superman without noticing, since there's no mask), then--since she worked really well for fifteen years (1996-2011) being married to him and knowing his secret ID--why not have her be the one helping him come up with the secret identity in the first place, and always be his confidante? That could showcase her intelligence from the very beginning. She could be more like Dian Belmont, who was always in on Wes Dodds' Sandman identity and helped him in cases as an intelligent ally and friend. It would totally get around those issues of her not being able to guess his ID... alas, this would have to wait till the next inevitable reboot. (And something I wonder is, if everyone knows Clark's ID now, how will they get that genie back in the bottle?)

Spectacular Member

As one of the thread asked, are you excited about the truth arc? I'm not! But I'm interested in knowing why Lois revealed that Clark and SM are the same person. As for Lois and SM being a couple again!! I have to be honest and say I hope not!! I've been buying SM comics for over 40 years! I find the SM/WW relationship more interesting then Lois and SM ever was! So I hope SM/WW are together for years to come!! If I had my way they would already be married. But that doesn't mean that Lois shouldn't be an important part of SM life!! A close friend, someone he can come to and talk about anything, someone he knows will have his back!!
    Last edited by chlj1; 06-25-2015 at 03:21 PM.

BANNED

If he wants to express it fine, but he has no business bringing it into his work. His rendition and the writing of the character is not based on his personal feelings about the character. When it comes to writing and drawing it is not about him, but the character and the fans
    first: if he doesn't want to be drawing Superman, just let him go. DC sometimes do a lot of things to appeal artist that are big names, but art is awful like Finch. Clearly romita wants to draw batman, not superman.
    trolling or not, his behavior wasn't one expected from a professional

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    Kidder's Lois starting figuring it out by the end of the first film and was actively trying to prove it at the start of the second.

Your reason for hating Kidder's Lois is unfounded.
    My personal tastes form the foundation of my opining that Margot Kidder's Lois Lane sucked. Your rudeness will not alter my view.

Quote Originally Posted by chlj1 View Post
    As one of the thread asked, are you excited about the truth arc? I'm not! But I'm interested in knowing why Lois revealed that Clark and SM are the same person. As for Lois and SM being a couple again!! I have to be honest and say I hope not!! I've been buying SM comics for over 40 years! I find the SM/WW relationship more interesting then Lois and SM ever was! So I hope SM/WW are together for years to come!! If I had my way they would already be married. But that doesn't mean that Lois shouldn't be an important part of SM life!! A close friend, someone he can come to and talk about anything, someone he knows will have his back!!
    Completely agree. Well said.

Never thought that the Superman boards would feel like the Spider-Man boards...

Quote Originally Posted by NYCER View Post
    My personal tastes form the foundation of my opining that Margot Kidder's Lois Lane sucked. Your rudeness will not alter my view.
    You claimed that one of the reasons you disliked Kidder's Lois was her inability to figure out that Clark was Superman. I showed you that this was not true by presenting facts. I apologize if that seemed rude to you.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    first: if he doesn't want to be drawing Superman, just let him go. DC sometimes do a lot of things to appeal artist that are big names, but art is awful like Finch. Clearly romita wants to draw batman, not superman.
    trolling or not, his behavior wasn't one expected from a professional
    JRjr has said so many times that it is SUPERMAN that he wants to draw, that it isn't worth arguing about.

Not only is John Romita Jr a terrific artist but he also has a genuine grasp on concepts and what works well. This interview solidifies what an amazing talent he is.

He's one of the best things to happen to Superman for ages. I really hope he remains on the Superman title for a long time ... there are potentially some really awesome omnibus's to be produced in the years ahead!