Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Infinity Gauntlet #2 Spoilers/Discussion

This was another stellar issue

- Anwens mom returns to save the family from the bugs but the grandfather is presumed to be dead.

- She gives her family small stars that morph into Nova suits. One is even given to the family dog

- They quickly have to learn to use thier powers to fend off the annhilation wave

- Anwen pulls out the Mind Gem she found in #1 and her mom uses it on the bugs for a quick win

- The family heads to the Nova Corps base to find all 30 corps members dead and the other gems missing from the gauntlet

- Starlord meets with Gamora after leaving the Nova base with an infinity gem. (He didnt kill the corps)

- In the future Thanos loses to a powered Nova while wielding an inferior gauntlet. He killed off Anwens family.

- He ports away into the past to try again by killing his past self.

Dustin Weavers art is even better here than in #1 and his design work on the Novas and Gamora were very nice. Alot of neat concepts being used here. The Nova corps having a high tech infinity gauntlet was cool and I found it funny that thier HQ looked like the one in the GOTG movie. I wish Gamora looked like this in 616 . Also liked his Starlord design.

Easily has become my fav Secret Wars book.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

I really liked this issue but I felt like there could have been more. Like at little more for the mom coming back. I feel like that was too rushed along with pretty much everything that happened in the issue. Like it was good but the pacing was too fast. I wish this series was longer so there could be a slower pace. This feels like it if you take out the infinity gauntlet and marvel characters it could be the start of a really good long indie/image story. I feel like four issues is too short for this title. i want this to continue for like 30 issues but it won't and part of me will be disappointed because of that. It's too good to be a secret wars tie in. Also I feel like the end might be tragic. Like Anwens mom isn't real it's just her imagination or a trick. The book even hinted that might be the case.
    Last edited by Nipower888; 06-24-2015 at 10:20 PM.
    Monica Rambeau is the queen of my heart and life. Bow down to her then give her all your money.

Nostagia leads to stagnation and over glorifying the past. The past sucked, the present sucks, and the future will suck. Take off the rose colored glasses and don't let that jerk nostalgia trick you into thinking life was better than it really was. If 20 years from now I'm of those people that say music, tv, videogames etc. was better back in my day please hit me in the knee caps with a bat.

I believe this series will be five issues. The secret wars delays has pushed back #5 into October I think.

It seemed fast paced but not in a bad way. I wish it was longer too. #1 was a slow start and this issue rocketed at Nova speed lol.

I really hope something from this book survives beyond Secret Wars into All New Marvel.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

>Another great issue both in terms of story and art.
    >Mom showing up immediately after finding the Mind Gem? The Nova gauntlet facility being nearby? The dog gets Nova'd and flies? All too convenient. Reality's being played with here! Next thing, Gramps will show up alive...
    >Star-Lord. Ew. At least his appearance was brief and suitably sleazy.
    >Thanos is even a threat to Thanos.
    Last edited by nx01a; 06-24-2015 at 11:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I was sure at first that the mom was some kind of Infinity Gem powered construct, but I'm not entirely sure right now. If she was a standalone character, without evidence of possibly other Novas or Starlord and co appearing later, I would be sure she's a kind of 'false construct', but there's a possibility she really returned.

Also, Nova-Zigzag!

There is too much happening for it to be a Mind Gem creation. The mom returned and Thanos massacred the Corps. Its a straighforward plot thus far. Besides, she appears on all future covers.

Unless I see a body I still assume gramos could be alive.