quzz

Default Starting to read

So i'm want to start reading uncanny x-men (have some old issues like the characters and style) however i'm a complete noob at comics.

Reading some comments the recent uncanny x-men seems to be a follow on from AvX so do i need to read this series as well. also would uncanny avengers be worth the read (does it run along side uncanny x-men?)

1 more question: I was thinking about just buying the volumes rather than individual comic and i can find volume 1 and 3 of uncanny x-men but i cant seem to find 2, any help?

Quote Originally Posted by quzz View Post
    So i'm want to start reading uncanny x-men (have some old issues like the characters and style) however i'm a complete noob at comics.

Reading some comments the recent uncanny x-men seems to be a follow on from AvX so do i need to read this series as well. also would uncanny avengers be worth the read (does it run along side uncanny x-men?)

1 more question: I was thinking about just buying the volumes rather than individual comic and i can find volume 1 and 3 of uncanny x-men but i cant seem to find 2, any help?
    Most of the current Xbooks begin by dealing with the fallout from AVX but you can easily start with the respective Vol.1s and quickly get up to speed. You can always read up on AVX on a wiki.

Uncanny Avengers takes place in the same universe as Uncanny (known as 616) but isnt directly related. In fact its pretty stand alone. You dont need to read both, though both are decent.

I be remiss if i didnt recommend All New X-Men in that both it and Uncanny are the two flagship X-titles and follow two opposing "sides" that emerged after AVX. Both are by the same writer.
    Not necessary to read both, but it gives a fuller experience.

Vol 2 is on Amazon.
    http://www.amazon.com/Uncanny-X-Men-...Uncanny+xmen+2
    Last edited by Dark-Flux; 05-27-2014 at 04:13 AM.

First off nice to meet you Quzz.

And second, AvX does help explain a lot of what's going on in Uncanny X-men, and it is a pretty good event in my opinion but Uncanny X-men will fill you in on what's happened if you choose to skip it. Now as for Uncanny Avengers, while I say it is a very good series that spins out of AvX, it does not run parallel to Uncanny X-men, that would be All-new X-men.

As for the Volume 2 situation, here's a link to it on Amazon.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/078516...&robot_redir=1

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Uncanny X-Men's pretty good. It indeed runs parallel to All-new X-men. My favorite X-men book currently would be Amazing X-men though, and it's easy to come in .
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Like others have said, All-New X-Men runs along side Uncanny X-Men. Uncanny Avengers doesn't have much to do with Uncanny X-Men other than it's what the Avengers decided to do after AvX. Reading up on the AvX summary is really all you need to do to get familiar with what's going on.

Hi,

I would like to help you with the current status quo. If you want to understand what is happening now in X-Men universe, I think this is the most appropriate readings:

1. Astonishing X-Men (1-24) - This is I think a must read.

2. House of M - This is the start of the current train of stories in X-Men which culminated in AvX. The effects of this story is still felt up until today. If you want to know why Scarlet Witch got crazy, try reading "Avengers Disassembled."

3. Decimation: X-Men - The Morning After
    - Decimation: Son of M
    - Decimation: The 198

4. X-Men: Deadly Genesis
    - Uncanny X-Men: Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire (This leads to the "War of Kings")

5. X-Men: Endangered Species

6. X-Men: Messiah Complex

7. X-Force / Cable: Messiah War
    - Cable: Waiting for the End of the World (cable 6-10)
    - Cable: Homecoming (Cable 21-25)

8. X-Men: Second Coming // X-Men: Second Coming - Revelations

9. Uncanny X-Men: The Birth of Generation Hope

10. Schism

11. AvX

12. AvX Consequences

13. Current X-Men titles

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Hi,

I would like to help you with the current status quo. If you want to understand what is happening now in X-Men universe, I think this is the most appropriate readings:

1. Astonishing X-Men (1-24) - This is I think a must read.

2. House of M - This is the start of the current train of stories in X-Men which culminated in AvX. The effects of this story is still felt up until today. If you want to know why Scarlet Witch got crazy, try reading "Avengers Disassembled."

3. Decimation: X-Men - The Morning After
    - Decimation: Son of M
    - Decimation: The 198

4. X-Men: Deadly Genesis
    - Uncanny X-Men: Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire (This leads to the "War of Kings")

5. X-Men: Endangered Species

6. X-Men: Messiah Complex

7. X-Force / Cable: Messiah War
    - Cable: Waiting for the End of the World (cable 6-10)
    - Cable: Homecoming (Cable 21-25)

8. X-Men: Second Coming // X-Men: Second Coming - Revelations

9. Uncanny X-Men: The Birth of Generation Hope

10. Schism

11. AvX

12. AvX Consequences

13. Current X-Men titles
    This a good list but you seriously don't need to read it to understand the current titles, it's just an addition. If you like the current though I do advise to go back at some point using Marvel Unlimited or just buying it in print
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47