Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Secret Wars HC vs The Multiversity Deluxe Edition

They cost about d same but Multiversity has 2x d content

What's going on?!

Marvel overpricing......simple as that. Paper quality and build will also probably be inferior.
    Mixes/Contact Info: http://chojin.devour.org

Quote Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
    Marvel overpricing......simple as that. Paper quality and build will also probably be inferior.
    Marvel has got so much bargaining power then wow

Spectacular Member

I'm waiting for Absolute Multiversity anyway.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Not to mention that Multiversity, at least so far, is the far superior story.

Quote Originally Posted by Racci View Post
    I'm waiting for Absolute Multiversity anyway.
    Haven't heard news about new absolutes

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by osakafanz View Post
    Haven't heard news about new absolutes
    It's a big Morrison story. Absolute is pretty much confirmed.

Amazing Member

Marvel isn't reasonable when it comes to pricing, hasn't been reasonable for the longest time.
    "Para bellum. Sic vis pacem, para bellum. Every dawn, the boot camp sergeant made them recite it like a prayer. A litany. A declaration. Sic vis pacem, para bellum. The hitman's name is Billy "The Beaut" Russo. The Costas love him so dearly, they've made him fireproof. But there's fireproof and fireproof. Sic vis pacem, parabellum." -Frank "Punisher" Motherloving Castle.

Quote Originally Posted by Racci View Post
    It's a big Morrison story. Absolute is pretty much confirmed.
    He does receives a fair bit of attention... I better start clearing my Batman R.I.P soon

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by DialHForHagai View Post
    Marvel isn't reasonable when it comes to pricing, hasn't been reasonable for the longest time.
    Basically means there's probably more Marvel fans than DC huh?

Incredible Member

I am loving Secret Wars, but Marvel is truly putting shitty paper in all of their big event ohc's over the last couple years.
    No, I'm not referring to their Omnibus or standard series-ohc releases(although binding is another conversation), but to stories such as Infinity, Original Sin, and likely Secret Wars. Truly a shame, since this is shaping up to be a great story.

I will be picking up Multiversity for sure.

Amazing Member

Not necessarily, no. I mean, sure, Marvel feels an urge to say "Yes, we're so much better than the other guys", but that doesn't mean they are. In the bestsellers list of 2014, I believe there were more DC collections than Marvel.
    "Para bellum. Sic vis pacem, para bellum. Every dawn, the boot camp sergeant made them recite it like a prayer. A litany. A declaration. Sic vis pacem, para bellum. The hitman's name is Billy "The Beaut" Russo. The Costas love him so dearly, they've made him fireproof. But there's fireproof and fireproof. Sic vis pacem, parabellum." -Frank "Punisher" Motherloving Castle.

I think it basically means that Marvel fans gonna buy anything Marvel puts out no matter the cost or the shitty quality. Lot of people here buy crappy X -men ohc-s just to complete their collection (same with event hc-s) and recently their fan favorite omnis got really low print runs so people gonna buy them as son as they can before it goes oop (Annihilation, UXF, Conquest, Busiek Avengers).
    IIRC It's not a first time they are playing with their core audience and test the waters how much they can charge for something before the crowds start to protest.

Spectacular Member

It's actually kind of the opposite. If I recall right, DC destroys Marvel when it comes to collected editions, just how Marvel wins out with single issues.

That could be why Marvel overprice stuff. They know that not as many people will be buying it, so the price needs to go up to accommodate for less sales.

Quote Originally Posted by TehJofus View Post
    It's actually kind of the opposite. If I recall right, DC destroys Marvel when it comes to collected editions, just how Marvel wins out with single issues.

That could be why Marvel overprice stuff. They know that not as many people will be buying it, so the price needs to go up to accommodate for less sales.
    which sounds absolutely logical until you check how much smaller publishers charge for their books that are much better quality.