Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    It's almost as if they want to run us off, isn't it? I will gladly give my money to another publisher, if that's what Marvel wants...
    People keep saying they're gonna do this, but then they stick around and are like, "Seriously, I'm gonna do it! Don't tempt me, man! This time I definitely will!"

No one is trying to drive you off because no one cares. Go, stay. Being an "old timer" means nothing. We're almost all old timers to some degree here. Gives you no special benefits and you still gotta decide what to buy just like you always have. Can't find anything to read? Tough luck.

Quote Originally Posted by vaf2675 View Post
    Agree. This ANADMU is not for old fans, it's definitely made to attract the tween and Disney crowd.
    BWAHAAHAHA!

Omg, were you not alive during the 90s? Yeah, the EXTREME in every goddamn comic series was totally meant to appeal to the sophisticated mature crowd. Or, and the younger generation MC2 characters like Wild Thing, J2 etc. Fucking YOUNGBLOOD and anything Liefeld!

Yeah, this is totally a 'tween' thing, why aren't they aiming for the sophisticated readers who aren't reading Vertigo or independent publishers? /sarcasm

Get off your goddamn high-horse and take off the rose-tinted glasses. There were plenty of old comics there were vapid, hell even more so, and stupidly marketed. That has never changed with comics, and just because the fashion doesn't suit you anymore doesn't make it any less. Because we're the generation that had EXTREME!

Or at least I was part of it, dunno how old anyone really is honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Byakko View Post
    BWAHAAHAHA!

Omg, were you not alive during the 90s? Yeah, the EXTREME in every goddamn comic series was totally meant to appeal to the sophisticated mature crowd. Or, and the younger generation MC2 characters like Wild Thing, J2 etc. Fucking YOUNGBLOOD and anything Liefeld!
    I stopped buying comic books regularly back in 1995. Every several years I would dip my toes back into select comic books for a couple of months, but those would be DC titles, not Marvel books. I've only recently started buying any Marvel books again, and that's been in fits and starts. And the new post-Secret Wars move sounds like Marvel will just as likely leave me dropped off on a lonely highway in the middle of nowhere once again.

(By the way, I'm in the "over 50" crowd age-wise.)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I stopped buying comic books regularly back in 1995. Every several years I would dip my toes back into select comic books for a couple of months, but those would be DC titles, not Marvel books. I've only recently started buying any Marvel books again, and that's been in fits and starts. And the new post-Secret Wars move sounds like Marvel will just as likely leave me dropped off on a lonely highway in the middle of nowhere once again.

I think the whole point about the new universe is we're all lost, mate, that's part of the fun of it! It's a roadtrip, just enjoy the ride!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

All been there. I think it's pretty uncommon to stick to the same titles for 50 years. We all roam at some point. Check out the competition. I've read a few DC books back in the 90s, may do so again in the future. Can't be expected to like every story idea. It's just weird how angry people get over it. And not even just angry, but like child angry. And they're adults! Sometimes old men, if you're to believe their old timer status.

Freaky.

Glad to see a thread like this, I admit I was pissed when the reboot was first announced but with time anger has been replaced with cautious optimism. Thus far I think the two things I'm most excited about are ANAD Avengers and Laura becoming the new Wolverine.

Finding a destination in the infinite multiverse

All I want is a Loki book, a Peter Parker book and a Bruce Banner book, I'll have no problem with this All New All Different Universe then.
    Note: This person is a Peter Parker, Hank Pym, Bruce Banner, Reed Richards and James Howlett fanboy, used to be a Steve Rogers fanboy before he turned grumpy.

Amazing Member

I'm excited for it, but I'm also using it as a chance to jump off and read exclusively through Marvel Unlimited. The 6 month delay on Unlimited doesn't really bother me, and I'll be saving a bunch of cash.
    Last edited by Jasper Avenue; 06-28-2015 at 07:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper Avenue View Post
    I'm excited for it, but I'm also using it as a chance to jump off and read exclusively through Marvel Unlimited. The 6 month delay on Unlimited doesn't really bother me, and I'll be saving a bunch of cash.
    Sounds like I've heard that type of logic before in another forum . . .

I need to wait and see what happens to Invisible Woman before I decide whether I like this new Marvel.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    All been there. I think it's pretty uncommon to stick to the same titles for 50 years. We all roam at some point. Check out the competition. I've read a few DC books back in the 90s, may do so again in the future. Can't be expected to like every story idea. It's just weird how angry people get over it. And not even just angry, but like child angry. And they're adults!
    I think that is more of case of WHO is leading the change versus the change itself.

If it was Peter Parker
    Steve Rogers Captain America
    Thor as Thor
    Richard Rider as Nova
    along WITH
    Falcon as Falcon
    Lady Thor under a different name

You would see a lot of those complaints go away.

It's almost as if they want to run us off, isn't it? I will gladly give my money to another publisher, if that's what Marvel wants...
    I don't think Marvel has gotten there yet. We still have tons of books that have yet to be announced.

Okay lets say this Secret Cash Grab Wars lasts till October or November.

The majority of DC for you but not for me books will be at issue 4-6. So the first arcs or trades are done.

New Marvel issues come out between October to December.

I know Avengers Daycare (ANAD Avengers) & A Force are coming-just in time to dump a few books.

In other words Marvel is tossing out the names of series that they think will get folks to dump books or books they feel will need to be announced NOW versus later-Dr Strange.

A Peter Parker book can wait to be announced because it's a seller no matter what.

On the flip side it warns Dc what to expect. Is that good or bad depends on the title.

A Miles Morales book should worry Doom, Dr Fate & Cyborg books. Now toss in Captain Falcon, Red Wolf, Ms Marvel, Nova and/or Black Panther, Luke Cage, Deathlok, War Machine & maybe black Johnny Storm. Somebody might be worried.

Happy this thread was made. I can't wait to see the new stories that will come out of it, much like the DCYou.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

I love the new Marvel post secret wars, but the titles, there hilarious. "Totally awesome Hulk" sound likes a 7 year old named it.

well said, honestly wherever i go alot of the seniors comic readers are talking about how marvel is pooping on the old fans, and how marvels been disneyfied. Its good that they like there classic heroes, but theyve been at it for 50 years, isnt it time for new heroes? And its not like there killing off the old heroes forever.

The reason why people are hesitant about this "relaunch" is that it's taking ALOT of drastic approaches to be different just for the sake of it. I'm still not over Sam Wilson being Cap. It feels very forced and he doesn't act like himself anymore.