Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    I don't think it's the same at all. JL popping up in her book is canon and, sadly, has been horribly done. They've served no purpose in the solo title thus far except to appear. Sensation is a non-canon anthology so having her face off against non-WW rogues doesn't really seem like a problem, especially if they drive sales to new audiences who might pick up WW solo at some point.
    The same logic was probably used to justify the other JL members. Bruce's mythos is popular because writers put effort into it. It didn't happen overnight. WW gets no such courtesy.

BANNED

??? how did this become about Azzarello? Her solo title is canon, and Meredith Finch has included the JL in her stories ... thus it's canon, and also horribly done.
    Forgot this was the sensation comics thread. My fault. But the question still remains, why is the JL popping up in a book canon? Do you mean that it is understood that in sensation comics we will always have a JL'er popping in?

I'm not sure I understand why people are getting so worked up about Batman villains showing up in an anthology based series. We've also seen a slew of WW's rogues ... of the top of my head I know we've seen Ares, Circe and Cheetah in Sensation as well as the Bat-rogues that have appeared. Given how high-profile all things Bat-verse are it isn't all that surprising that DC wants to use them in a variety of places to help attract sales to new books. It's a classic cross-selling technique. Personally, it doesn't really bug me.
    In 40 digital issues Diana has faced her own established adversaries six times by my count. And the Cheetah was in three of those appearances. I'm not sure many people would agree that that is a "slew of WW rogues."
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    In 40 digital issues Diana has faced her own established adversaries six times by my count. And the Cheetah was in three of those appearances. I'm not sure many people would agree that that is a "slew of WW rogues."
    isn't that part of the point of an anthology though? She's faced her own foes, but she's also doing stuff that is kind of an elseworlds sort of thing going on. There have been 5 or 6 that didn't have any regular villains too

Quote Originally Posted by wagthedog View Post
    Forgot this was the sensation comics thread. My fault. But the question still remains, why is the JL popping up in a book canon? Do you mean that it is understood that in sensation comics we will always have a JL'er popping in?
    No worries, you just confused me by bringing up Azz

I think there is some general confusion about the JL comments. AgentZ stated that having the JL pop up in her solo title was the same thing as having Bat-rogues in Sensation. I was responding that I believe it is different because Sensation is outside of canon and is an anthology style so it's less intrusive to have non-WW characters appearing in this book v. the in-universe main solo title. So basically I'd be more upset this was happening regularly in the Solo title, but find it OK in an elseworlds type of comic.

I'm not sure I understand why people are getting so worked up about Batman villains showing up in an anthology based series. We've also seen a slew of WW's rogues ... of the top of my head I know we've seen Ares, Circe and Cheetah in Sensation as well as the Bat-rogues that have appeared. Given how high-profile all things Bat-verse are it isn't all that surprising that DC wants to use them in a variety of places to help attract sales to new books. It's a classic cross-selling technique. Personally, it doesn't really bug me.
    It's basically saying Wonder Woman isn't good enough to carry her own franchise, so let's throw in a significantly more popular franchise's characters into the book instead of using her own. In the span of forty issues, we've seen Joker, Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy, Catwoman, Scarecrow, Ra's al Ghul, Kanjar Ro, Byth, Lex Luthor, Monsieur Mallah and the Brain, the Female Furies, and Professor Pyg. You know who we haven't seen? Anyone who isn't Cheetah, Ares, Circe, Medusa, or Doctor Psycho.

Seriously, it's a crime that neither Giganta nor Silver Swan have appeared in this book yet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    catwoman,poison ivy, harley quinn show up twice, batman 3 times,batgirl one time(another as oracle), two face and joker one time, dr Pyg one time.
    Ares, cheetah, dr psycho, circe and a couple of mythology villains. steve trevor and etta candy only one time

the balance is not right, I'm ok with some team up with other characters. In this case it should be minority, the anthology should explore all WW cast and villains, this should be the objective of an anthology.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    It's basically saying Wonder Woman isn't good enough to carry her own franchise, so let's throw in a significantly more popular franchise's characters into the book instead of using her own. In the span of forty issues, we've seen Joker, Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy, Catwoman, Scarecrow, Ra's al Ghul, Kanjar Ro, Byth, Lex Luthor, Monsieur Mallah and the Brain, the Female Furies, and Professor Pyg. You know who we haven't seen? Anyone who isn't Cheetah, Ares, Circe, Medusa, or Doctor Psycho.

Seriously, it's a crime that neither Giganta nor Silver Swan have appeared in this book yet.
    I guess I just see this as what happens when you have writers doing 1-offs ... they pick the characters they want to use and BM has the most poplar cast. Seems to me that it's defeating the purpose of having a bunch of writers get creative for a Digital First only to force them to use specific rogues.

Extraordinary Member

He is seen in the ambulance spraying his toxins out the window.
    Fair enough - one tiny part of one panel where we see him as a long shot with no dialogue and his teeny weeny face obscured.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Silver Swan did show up in WW '77

Frankly I would rather read about the pre-Flashpoint Wonder Woman battling the entire Batman rogues gallery than the New 52 version going up against whatever twist the current writing team wants to put on her own villains. Which currently needs to include Donna
    Last edited by brettc1; 06-29-2015 at 02:50 PM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

This week, we are entitled to an unpretentious number. A one-shot involving Wonder Woman who needs to take the air after seeing too many atrocities, and she found solace with his friend Batman. He advised him to take some vacation days and these days will prove a great boon. After all it is well known that once a few well placed shots and after a little fight face an imposing figure you feel better. Nothing impressive though, but it's still quite pretty to look at and quite pleasant to read.
    Guess who's back? CHEETAH! Hell yeah. This issue presents a very interesting building to tell us both a confrontation between Wonder Woman and Cheetah and the ensuing trial with Cheetah (finally her lawyer) asking to be transferred to another facility. We follow the dialogues of the trial on the boards of the fight, we return to the security systems, collateral damage. The justice system is perverted clearly put forward, and the fact that the story is in two parts with a cliffhanger that bode well leads us to a moral sense "you had been warned troufinous band." But for now, it's beautiful, it's interesting, it's pretty original, and the big Pampe arrives next week. It's all good!
    Our dear and loving Diana deals this week a rather beastly business. Not in the kind beastly beast to tackle, but in the sense to understand, love and protect. I find it very touching story with perhaps a bit of activism on the part of Carla Speed ​​McNeil. A hungry lion and weakened was found by the princess who wears his aid. His teacher says he wanted the luxury of an animal other than stupid dog before it even becomes stupid by making questionable choices about the future of the animal. Diana tells him an adventure of his youth also with lions when she learned to understand and respect them without using violence. It is very touching, it's pretty to look at with lions beautiful. A small blow where it hurts, but gently. Yes, I do not like to touch animals and therefore inevitably this issue strikes a chord. Anyway, thank you for this against.
    "my feminism will be intersectional, or will it be bullshit." Kelly Sue Deconnick
    "All this magic stuff needs new terminology because it's not what people are being told it is at all." Grant Morrison

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    catwoman,poison ivy, harley quinn show up twice, batman 3 times,batgirl one time(another as oracle), two face and joker one time, dr Pyg one time.
    Ares, cheetah, dr psycho, circe and a couple of mythology villains. steve trevor and etta candy only one time

the balance is not right, I'm ok with some team up with other characters. In this case it should be minority, the anthology should explore all WW cast and villains, this should be the objective of an anthology.

Well said. The balance is extremely off. Wonder Woman has had more Bat-villains appear in this series than her own villains. That's just not right on so many levels. I don't mind an occasional appearance by other heroes or other heroes' villains but it's like every other story-arc features Batman or someone connected to him. Wonder Girl(Donna), Nubia, Artemis, Giganta, Silver Swan, Queen Clea, and Angle Man need to appear in this series before Bats or anyone connected to him does again.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Well said. The balance is extremely off. Wonder Woman has had more Bat-villains appear in this series than her own villains. That's just not right on so many levels. I don't mind an occasional appearance by other heroes or other heroes' villains but it's like every other story-arc features Batman or someone connected to him. Wonder Girl(Donna), Nubia, Artemis, Giganta, Silver Swan, Queen Clea, and Angle Man need to appear in this series before Bats or anyone connected to him does again.
    Again, I'm far too happy with Wonder Woman herself actually appearing after years of being absent to worry too much about which villains turn up.