Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Estrecca View Post
    Grograman passively annihilates all life in a radius of thousands of miles, regardless of his feelings about this matter.
    Well we got around THAT one easy enough.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    If that was mentioned I don't know how I missed replying, as that is pretty much another 'Annihilate 99% of characters at the bell' like that Telepathic Power Nullifier.

Still, I feel improbably confident in my team countering it.
    Just to get things out of the way, the relevant quotes.

Not knowing what to make of this, Bastian asked: "Isn't there somebody who can get me out of here?"
    "How could that be, master?" said Grograman. "Where I am no other living creature can exist. My presence alone would suffice to reduce everybody -- even the most powerful of creatures -- into ashes for thousands of miles around. That's why I'm called the Many-Colored Death and Lord of the Desert of Colors."
    "That's not so," said Bastian. "Everybody doesn't get burned up in your desert. Look at me."
    "Because you are bearing the Gem, master. AURYN protects you -- even from me, the deadliest creature in Fantastica."
    "You mean that if I didn't have the Gem, I'd be reduced to ashes?" "That's how it is, master. That's what would happen, though personally I'd regret it. Because you're the first and only being who has ever spoken to me."

Also, I brought up Grograman and asked folks if it ought to be removed here. Since it was kept...

Just to get things out of the way, the relevant quotes.

Not knowing what to make of this, Bastian asked: "Isn't there somebody who can get me out of here?"
    "How could that be, master?" said Grograman. "Where I am no other living creature can exist. My presence alone would suffice to reduce everybody -- even the most powerful of creatures -- into ashes for thousands of miles around. That's why I'm called the Many-Colored Death and Lord of the Desert of Colors."
    "That's not so," said Bastian. "Everybody doesn't get burned up in your desert. Look at me."
    "Because you are bearing the Gem, master. AURYN protects you -- even from me, the deadliest creature in Fantastica."
    "You mean that if I didn't have the Gem, I'd be reduced to ashes?" "That's how it is, master. That's what would happen, though personally I'd regret it. Because you're the first and only being who has ever spoken to me."

Also, I brought up Grograman and asked folks if it ought to be removed here. Since it was kept...
    I did question it being an Instant-Kill, but didn't get a good response back. I am assuming that there are ways to defend against it. Since Bastien was able to.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I did question it being an Instant-Kill, but didn't get a good response back. I am assuming that there are ways to defend against it. Since Bastien was able to.
    Why do you think that I have been collecting stuff that passively defends against magic (Sword of Kamuu, Nemesis Potion...) and folks with superb autodefenses and AoE power nullification?

Why do you think that I have been collecting stuff that passively defends against magic (Sword of Kamuu, Nemesis Potion...) and folks with superb autodefenses and AoE power nullification?

If your Team doesn't turn to ashes, then it's defend-able. Though, we might want to discuss possibly making it a 10...maybe...later after the tournament....

Mighty Member

If your Team doesn't turn to ashes, then it's defend-able. Though, we might want to discuss possibly making it a 10...maybe...later after the tournament....
    As I was saying earlier, this is the sickest team concept I've ever played and Grograman is enough of a naughty kitty on his own without loading him like I am going to.

Also, as to whether the devastation Grograman causes is instantaneous...

The first pearly streaks of dawn appeared over the eastern horizon. And with the rising of the light the phosphorescence of the night plants paled.
    "High time!" said Bastian aloud. "I thought the day would never come."
    He sat down on the floor of the blossom and wondered what he should do. Climb down again and keep going? Of course, since he was lord of Perilin, no one could stop him from wandering around in it for days, if not for months or years. This jungle was so enormous he would never find his way out of it. But beautiful as he found the night plants, he didn't think this prospect would suit him in the long run. Exploring a desert -- that would be something else again. The biggest desert in Fantastica. Yes, that would be something to be proud of.
    In that same moment, a violent tremor shook the giant tree. The trunk bent, and a crackling, groaning sound could be heard. Bastian had to hold tight to keep from rolling out of his blossom, the stem of which tilted more and more, until at last it lay flat.
    The sun, which had risen in the meantime, disclosed a vision of devastation. Hardly anything was left of all the enormous night plants. More quickly than they had sprung up they crumbled under the glaring sunlight into dust and fine, colored sand. Gigantic tree trunks collapsed as sand castles do when they dry out. Bastian's tree seemed to be the last still standing. But when he tried to steady himself by grasping at the petals of his flower, they crumbled in his hands and blew away like a cloud of dust. Now that there was nothing to obstruct the view, he saw how terrifyingly high up he was. He knew he would have to climb down as fast as possible, for the tree was likely to collapse at any moment.
    Cautiously, he climbed out of the blossom and straddled the stem, which was now bent like a fishing pole. No sooner had he left the blossom than it broke off behind him and crumbled into dust in falling.
    Ever so gingerly Bastian proceeded downward. Many a man would have panicked on seeing the ground so very far below, but Bastian was free from dizziness and his nerves were steel. Knowing that any abrupt movement might reduce the whole tree to dust, he crept along the bough and finally reached the place where the trunk became vertical. Hugging it, he let himself slide, inch by inch. Several times, great clouds of colored dust fell on him from above. There were no branches left, and what towering stumps remained crumbled when Bastian tried to use them for support. As he continued downward, the trunk became too big for him to hold. And he was still far above the ground. He stopped to think; How was he ever going to get down?
    But then another tremor passed through the giant stump and relieved him of the need for further thought. What was left of the tree disintegrated and settled into a great mound of sand; Bastian rolled down the side of it in a wild whirl, turning a number of somersaults on the way, and finally came to rest at the bottom. He came close to being buried under an avalanche of colored dust, but he fought his way clear, spat the sand out of his mouth, and shook it out of his ears and clothes.

This is what happens every day to a jungle of near-infinite size when he wakes up/resurrects with the dawn.

Nevertheless, for the sake of sanity I am assuming that sufficiently badass defenses against magic can negate his death aura like the AURYN can or at least slow it down. Nevertheless, it is quite nasty.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Well, that cements my choices.

Mighty Member

Also, to clear the air, anyone who opposes this concept should say so. If most of us are against my using this team design, I am open to fielding something different in competition.

I really can't say how badass it is. As far as it goes, if you are smart enough to come up with an invincible team, then, well, that's how the game works.

Still, any comments from the Players?

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

I mean, it's not any worse than most of the good combinations.

I really can't say how badass it is. As far as it goes, if you are smart enough to come up with an invincible team, then, well, that's how the game works.

Still, any comments from the Players?
    I've got a bunch of Undead/Post life people, so I'm going with immunity.

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    I've got a bunch of Undead/Post life people, so I'm going with immunity.
    I wouldn't put it past Fighter to Block the effect with He-Man's sword somehow.

I'm actually nearly finished with my Team, only one more item to purchase. We might be able to wrap this up tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    I wouldn't put it past Fighter to Block the effect with He-Man's sword somehow.
    Was it a one-time-per-day thing, or a constant aura of Death?

Because if it's the second he's going to be blocking for a while.

I'm actually nearly finished with my Team, only one more item to purchase. We might be able to wrap this up tonight.
    Bah, I've got 2 more elements to go, and then I've still got 5 more purchases.

So yeah, I could be here a while.