Page 19 of 49 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Well, it'd just become a matter of "who do you wanna win", because at that power level, things like speed and such become irrelevant.
    Maybe if they were assigned tasks that require things other than sheer power: Preparing a popular school dance, including theme, catering, proper chaperones, and fitting music without mind reading or any form of mind control.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Maybe if they were assigned tasks that require things other than sheer power: Preparing a popular school dance, including theme, catering, proper chaperones, and fitting music without mind reading or any form of mind control.
    Galactus can be in charge of Catering ....
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

A "Tacular" style league could be interesting.

Would a scan of Galactus saying 'I'm Galactus, I do what I do!" make me the winner forever?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Use Subverted Feats. The one who has been defeated by Heros like the Fantastic Four or Squirrel Girl the Least Often is considered the Most Powerful. I mean, let's face it, no matter how powerful they are, they always get beaten by someone.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

That was the old Yeoman tournaments...
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Mighty Member

Now having a look at the other teams...

Tami... Harry Dresden is packing a lot of heat (I wanted that Rod), but not much speed; Maxima has been given a fire based Superman powerset, which makes her original powers redundant; Daniel X, whom I don't know all that well, is packing some serious power; Thomas Raith has been given a power potentially annoying for my team; Halo... (seriously, Sydney in the same team as Thomas? That's a disaster waiting to happen) has a broken OI that she can minmax like nobody's business (as long as her amusing CIS lets her); Harem has a thing that has never impressed me; and Lara Raith comes to the party with an outfit that plays to her advantage that is in the same package as a powerset of some potential.

Hmmm... Team Munch requires research, will comment later.
    Last edited by Estrecca; 11-26-2015 at 03:52 AM.

Thanks for the review. Though my thoughts for Maxima is that the powers of the amulet Stack on top of her existing powers, giving her a nice boost. As for Harem, I kinda ran out of points to give her what I wanted to, so what I gave her is something I am intimately familiar with. As soon as I have the points I will give her something more powerful.

As soon as Turkey day is over and I have some free time, I'll finish up the write up for my team and the Matchups on the Wiki.

I should be sleeping right now, but I woke up with a touch of insomnia. Since I can't sleep maybe I'll do some work til the sleep meds kick in.
    Last edited by Tami; 11-26-2015 at 04:12 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Thanks for the review. Though my thoughts for Maxima is that the powers of the amulet Stack on top of her existing powers, giving her a nice boost. As for Harem, I kinda ran out of points to give her what I wanted to, so what I gave her is something I am intimately familiar with. As soon as I have the points I will give her something more powerful.
    Even if it does stack, Maxima's blaster brick powerset doesn't add that much to the Sun Disk.

I mean, it is kind of like giving the Thing a kryptonian powerset. One reaches a point in which the original brick powerset doesn't add much.

Well, unless we are assuming that Maxima's dial-a-stat power can also be applied to the Sun Disk, in which case you have some extra flexibility.

Still wanted the Rod, though. Would have been useful for either Wundarr or Grograman.

Quote Originally Posted by Estrecca View Post
    Even if it does stack, Maxima's blaster brick powerset doesn't add that much to the Sun Disk.

I mean, it is kind of like giving the Thing a kryptonian powerset. One reaches a point in which the original brick powerset doesn't add much.

Well, unless we are assuming that Maxima's dial-a-stat power can also be applied to the Sun Disk, in which case you have some extra flexibility.

Still wanted the Rod, though. Would have been useful for either Wundarr or Grograman.
    Had my eye on a few other things as well that were grabbed up by others, was this close to buying the Flame of Pyt'r. . I'll sleep on the Sun Disk thing and think about it. I still have the option of giving the Sun Disk to Harem.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Had my eye on a few other things as well that were grabbed up by others, was this close to buying the Flame of Pyt'r. . I'll sleep on the Sun Disk thing and think about it. I still have the option of giving the Sun Disk to Harem.
    And I am thinking of much better picks that I could have made.

Oh well, I think my team is decent in spite of that.

TEAM UNINSPIRED DESIGNS

Grograman, the Many Colored Death (The Neverending Story) 9
    Cheetah (Minerva) (DC) 8
    +Staff of Polar Power (Marvel) 9
    +Devil Bringer (Devil May Cry) 5
    +Mind Transfer with Amora, the Enchantress (Futurama) 3
    ++Alien Orchid Transporter Fusion (Star Trek) 9

A dreadful transporter accident has fused a magic lion with a terrifying death aura that annihilates all life within a radius of thousands of miles, a superfast supervillainess and a fragant flower! The result is a fused being with the traits of both entities meaning an hilariously superfast and superstrong felinoid with a terrifying death aura (that smells like flowers) .

Since that seemed a little too tame, I've given this fusion the Devil Bringer for its various powers and particularly for internalization of stuff I might throw that way. Stuff like the Staff of Polar Power, a magic artifact of the highest order with the power to absorb magic in unfathomable amounts. And since it would be a shame to leave so much magic in the hands of amateurs, I've also arranged for a mindswap with Amora, the Enchantress, who knows just what to do with such power.

Accelerator (To Aru Majutsu no Index) 8
    +Starwheel (Marvel) 10
    +Mother Box (DC) 10
    +Krenon Psionic Shield (DC: Steel - Maximum Orbit) 9
    +Sword of Kamuu (Marvel) 8
    +Menthor Helmet (THUNDER Agents) 5

Accelerator has the interesting paranormal power of vector control, which translates to an autodefense that sends back to sender stuff that can harm him and an ability to seriously mess up anything within his range. The chief limitations of his power are his ability to calculate stuff and his understanding of the phenomenons he is dealing with, and in terms of raw power he can seriously mess up with planetary rotation if he feels like it.

However, since that's not quite enough for my purposes, we are giving him the Menthor Helmet (for enhanced cognition, plus telepathy, plus miscellanous stuff), the Sword of Kamuu (for enhanced understanding of magic, passive defenses against magic that might bypass his autodefense and for making him buff) and the Motherbox (that can help with calculations, provide understanding of exotic stuff that Accelerator might not understand well on his own and power magnification). We are then loading the whole thing into the Starwheel, a lovely Kree superweapon that could drain ungodly amounts of energy from unwilling victims and attack with shield piercing beams of doom before getting a Motherbox upgrade and a fancy anti-psionics shield that reflects mental attack back towards the attacker, which has likewise enjoyed the benefits of Motherbox enhancement.

And since Accelerator is using his power in tandem with the Motherbox, which is in turn attached to the Starwheel that means that the whole thing is now protected by Accelerator's ungodly autodefense. We hope you have a very nice day.

Wundarr the Aquarian (Marvel) 8
    +Nemesis Potion (DC) 9

Wundarr the Aquarian is an extremely human-like alien who after a close encounter with a Cosmic Cube essentially became Hippie Space Jesus, gaining tremendous insight into the nature of the cosmos and the ability to generate around his person a null field that negates energy in almost all its forms, with the downside that this power negation extends to himself and that certain exotic, low energy forms of attack might affect him.

However, the Nemesis Potion that he has ingested gives him the handy power of automatically developing an effective counter against the powers of any one enemy he might face, which should adequately compensate the shortcomings of his null-field.

Cris Johnson (Next) 2
    +Exposure to Ectoplasm (Danny Phantom) 8

Mister Johnson has powerful precognitive powers that allow him to see clearly events that will happen within the next two minutes, a neat ability that will hopefully serve him well in the League now that he has been given some power to work with, since the ectoplasm he has been exposed to and mutated by gives him the powers of a half-ghost (cloning, intangibility, invisibility, possession...).
    Do tell me if there is anything wrong here.

And I am thinking of much better picks that I could have made.

Oh well, I think my team is decent in spite of that.

Do tell me if there is anything wrong here.
    Very brutal team with lots of options, but I have one question: How exactly is Accelerator fusing together all of his tech? Is it a power, or does the Motherbox/Starwheel have feats of fusing together/assimilating several vastly different pieces of tech? I know the Motherbox has feats of enhancing tech its connected to, but this is a bit different as far as I can tell.

Mighty Member

Very brutal team with lots of options, but I have one question: How exactly is Accelerator fusing together all of his tech? Is it a power, or does the Motherbox/Starwheel have feats of fusing together/assimilating several vastly different pieces of tech? I know the Motherbox has feats of enhancing tech its connected to, but this is a bit different as far as I can tell.
    The set-up is that the Starwheel gets the Krenon psi-shield installed, then Accelerator sticks the Motherbox to one of the walls (or other suitable surface), which then does its upgrade thing. Accelerator wears the hood, which is connected to nothing, but he is very close and/or in physical contact with the Motherbox to channel his power through it, like the time Superboy and other telekinetics used a MB to enhance their powers to create a psychokinetic around Apokolips.

There is no actual fusion, at this stage of things, unlike that Frankensaucer I made with the Starwheel and the Mobius Chair.
    Last edited by Estrecca; 11-26-2015 at 09:59 AM.

The set-up is that the Starwheel gets the Krenon psi-shield installed, then Accelerator sticks the Motherbox to one of the walls (or other suitable surface), which then does its upgrade thing. Accelerator wears the hood, which is connected to nothing, but he is very close and/or in physical contact with the Motherbox to channel his power through it, like the time Superboy and other telekinetics used a MB to enhance their powers to create a psychokinetic around Apokolips.

There is no actual fusion, at this stage of things, unlike that Frankensaucer I made with the Starwheel and the Mobius Chair.
    Yeah, that certainly seems to work. I'm no stranger to Frankentech as evident by my current monstrosity as well as my own past Mobius madness.

I've noticed several are worried by Strangefate but no comment on Servo yet. I'm not sure if that means I've failed to weaponize the Infinite Improbability Drive properly, or if the possibilities I've imagined for it aren't as infectious as I hoped. There will be Penguins from all corners of existence!

Oh, as an interested party apparently having to Strat against your team for Week 2: Do you have any specific positioning in mind for your team?