Page 33 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Best to hash this out now, than later. If anyone has a concern about Cable, now is the time to speak up.
    There were somewhat widespread complaints about Jesus Cable in the Spring league. Darth decided to drop it, in order to keep things running smoothly.

Quote Originally Posted by Estrecca View Post
    There were somewhat widespread complaints about Jesus Cable in the Spring league. Darth decided to drop it, in order to keep things running smoothly.
    Should Cable have been dropped?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Mighty Member

Should Cable have been dropped?
    There was some buzz in that sense and some other stuff (like the Exogenes), on the basis that Herald chumping folks probably don't belong. However, since various other characters in the list would have been affected (Dr. Strange and other supermages, to point the more obvious) I am not sure of were that ended.

There was some buzz in that sense and some other stuff (like the Exogenes), on the basis that Herald chumping folks probably don't belong. However, since various other characters in the list would have been affected (Dr. Strange and other supermages, to point the more obvious) I am not sure of were that ended.
    Do you, as his next opponent, have any issues with Bobisbeast keeping Cable?

Mighty Member

Do you, as his next opponent, have any issues with Bobisbeast keeping Cable?
    I withdrew my right to complain about other teams, when I decided to play my current lineup. If I were to object, it'd be out of fairness to DD, who doesn't seem to mind too terribly himself.

Surfer Matching is beyond 10 IMO

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Surfer Matching is beyond 10 IMO
    I am given to understand that it was Surfer matching in the same sense Quasar matches Surfer (that is, it seems even until Norrin cranks things up to eleven, remembers that he has speed, remembers one of a million powers that he forgets about all the bloody time and so on).

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holacik View Post
    It was a story arc that ended with the Surfer fight.
    Then it's not his standard by any means, so shouldn't Cable not be considered that level by default?

I mean, last time I saw anything Cable related was around Civil War, where he had no powers, and relied on future tech to compensate for his lack of powers.
    Last edited by Sharkerbob; 12-27-2015 at 04:24 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Then it's not his standard by any means, so shouldn't Cable not be considered that level by default?

I mean, last time I saw anything Cable related was around Civil War, where he had no powers, and relied on future tech to compensate for his lack of powers.
    I am even less fond of trying to nerf tens than I am of facing Cable in debate, tbh. If BB has paid for a ten, he should get either his money's worth or a suitable replacement.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Oh, nevermind me.
    Last edited by Sharkerbob; 12-27-2015 at 05:03 PM.

Cable (Marvel) 10 = Cable at his most powerful limited to the Maximum allowed for this League.

Much as Strange and other 10s are.

I am even less fond of trying to nerf tens than I am of facing Cable in debate, tbh. If BB has paid for a ten, he should get either his money's worth or a suitable replacement.
    Preaching to the choir there, and I would be all for him snagging a replacement.

As for earlier talk of Supermages I thought the Strange on the list wasn't Classic level on his own (From Cth's description if nothing else), and Ultra-Fate Kent Nelson isn't on the list just his descendant. Mind you I'm not as up on the Fates as I should be, but he's the one I've seen mentioned the most around the forums as outrageous.

E: Ninja'd as I stopped to check a source, sneaky

The final decision is up to Bobisbeast. I won't stop him from using Cable, but after this League we all need to come to a consensus about this.

Spectacular Member

I honestly don't think his fight against Surfer shows that he's Herald+ levels. The fight itself consisted of Cable attempting to do something to Surfer, Surfer completely resisting these attempts and pushing Cable around the world, Cable destroying the Surfer's board (which I'll admit is a pretty absurd feat) which distracts Surfer for a moment, allowing Cable to TK push him away for a bit, Surfer then returns and takes Cable out with a single eye blast.

The only seriously high tier thing that occurred during the fight was the destruction of the board, and Cable repairing all the collateral damage as it occurred. I see the fight as more of an insane TK/TP resistance feat for Surfer than anything. Cable only got the drop on Surfer for a brief moment only because I doubt Surfer expected him to destroy his board and then obliterated him in a moment after he started taking things seriously

I don't think that alone is enough to take Cable out of the league, or even nerf him.

I can send a link to the specific scans if people want to see it for themselves. The fight happens in issue #10 of Cable and Deadpool.

EDIT: That all being said, I'm willing to find a replacement if people still feel this is too powerful.
    EDIT 2: Cable also had full access to his abilities during the Soldier X series and the last couple issues of the original Cable series.
    Last edited by Bobisbeast; 12-27-2015 at 07:15 PM.

As I said, I won't contest Cable. He's powerful, but then so are most of the 10's on the list. I think Strange has even more powerful feats. So, I'm okay with it.